Draft Grades From Around The Web | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Grades From Around The Web

PFF has the top 3 teams (elite) as

Jets
Packers
Cowboys

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Good with the Pack there for getting a 2019 first rounder and two CBs who will both be better pros than Ward. CB was a huge weakness for them.

Cowboys and Jets though.... No. Just no. I like what the Jets did after the first round but I am not a fan of Darnold at all. They should have kept those second round picks and took the better QB in Rosen at #6. The Cowboys draft was solid but not overwhelmingly good. They drafted players where they were projected, and I don't like that they ignored WR until the third round.

It's just complete biased towards the teams. The teams that usually draft we'll get high grades and the teams that typically make mistakes get lower grades. Dumpster bin material.

Steelers should get nothing less than a D for their first round pick but writers don't have the balls. Even their extra loyal fanbase mostly ripped that pick. According to NFL.com, however, the value there was equivalent to Miami getting Minkah Fitzpatrick at #11.

Meanwhile, they have Minkah graded higher than he was picked and gave Edmunds a "3rd-4th round" projection/grade.

That's definitely part of it, and I get giving the benefit of the doubt to teams that historically draft well. The draft pundits are just like the people here. If the dolphins don't draft a particular player someone was hoping for, the player they do pick feels like a letdown. It's human nature to think your way/choice is best.

Miami Dolphins
Picks:
CB Minkah Fitzpatrick (1); TE Mike Gesicki (2); OLB Jerome Baker (3); Durham Smythe (4); RB Kalen Ballage (4); DB Cornell Armstrong (6); LB Quentin Poling (7); K Jason Sanders (7).
Analysis: You have to wonder if they would have taken Josh Rosen had he slipped one more spot. As is, the Dolphins had to be thrilled with Minkah Fitzpatrick, once considered a possible top-five pick. Mike Gesicki is a great athlete who will be a good receiving tight end that Adam Gase can get creative with, and he matches well with blocking tight end Durham Smythe, a fourth-round pick. Jerome Baker seems to be too much of a situational player to really love him in the third round, and the lack of pass rush help is curious.
Grade: C
https://sports.yahoo.com/final-2018-nfl-draft-grades-team-fare-dont-look-seattle-fans-184907310.html

These guys crack me up... a c????!!! lol bc we didn't take a qb and got a top 5 talent at 13. I agree about Baker..... but the last sentence?!?!?!? a lack of pass rush? wtf are they talking about? wake, Quinn, Harris, branch, but a lack of pass rush. not to mention 2 of the picks can get after the qb from the outside. people crack me up. just shows that journalist have no idea what they are talking about unless its big names.

Sorry for the rant..

We convinced everyone that we were going to take a QB with our first so that a player of need would fall to us. Now these fools still don't see that they were played, and grading us accordingly.

That's why these rankings don't matter.

Look our reputation is not stellar as either a franchise or drafting in the NFL so perceptions are every thing. Look our draft was solid through round 4 per Slimms rankings which I prefer to follow. Those last 3-picks though you have to go hunting in the woods to find info. on. Hope our new assistant coaches can improve this team thats the only possible improved difference between last year and this year

We convinced everyone that we were going to take a QB with our first so that a player of need would fall to us. Now these fools still don't see that they were played, and grading us accordingly.

That's why these rankings don't matter.

I was having the same thought. The Dolphins sent out so many smoke signals about drafting a QB high ... and then not to draft one at all; to me, that indicates those weren't smoke signals, they were a smoke screen.

Typical media ... they don't know the Dolphins, and they don't care. What they do know is that QB's = clicks, so they make all of the stories they can QB-centric. They don't know much about Tannehill, but he is a mild personality on a team that has had mild success in a division that is only ever won by one super-team, New England. So, they don't do any research on us. They don't watch our games. They don't know our needs.

They only have a casual knowledge and low interest in us, and are probably correct that the average NFL fan does not care about us. We're not a major market like New York, LA, Dallas or the entire New England area, and the Dolphins are a team without much success for a while. So, they heard some other media types say we were looking at a QB, and when we didn't "get" one, we are suddenly a failure to secure a QB story. Hey, it's hard for a media person to keep up with the Kardashians, Tom Brady's new haircut, Neilsen ratings, AND all 32 teams ... so they just skim over us with poor journalism ... now they get to watch more of the Kardashians.

Honestly, when they were told they needed to cover Miami football at all they probably thought they would get onto the set of Ballers.

Perception is reality.

And it’s LOOOOOOOOONG overdue for this franchise to finally change that perception once and for all.

Winning is the only cure.

I can bash the browns draft but it’s meaningless because i don’t know their players.

Putting a little too much weight on those later rounds. Not a fan of the Baker pick, but doesn't change the sizeable impact the 1st two picks will have.

All the media who is crying bc the Fins didn’t take a QB have short memory. They can only remember Cutler’s struggles and see “knee injury” on Tannehill and assume the FO will bet the farm on some reactionary QB draft pick.

Nope. Not even close. If there is one thing this draft & offseason shows is that the FO is behind Tannehill.

https://sports.yahoo.com/final-2018-nfl-draft-grades-team-fare-dont-look-seattle-fans-184907310.html

These guys crack me up... a c????!!! lol bc we didn't take a qb and got a top 5 talent at 13. I agree about Baker..... but the last sentence?!?!?!? a lack of pass rush? wtf are they talking about? wake, Quinn, Harris, branch, but a lack of pass rush. not to mention 2 of the picks can get after the qb from the outside. people crack me up. just shows that journalist have no idea what they are talking about unless its big names.

Sorry for the rant..

The only reason I read any of that stuff is to let me feel somewhat knowledgeable compared to those writers.

Back
Top Bottom