Draft Grades. Pretty Decent Class For Miami. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Grades. Pretty Decent Class For Miami.

I would go Cleveland #1for sure. Mayfield is the real deal. Colts a solid #2.

Minkah was a great pick, although Derwin may have been better choice.

Gesucki has a long way to go to justify 2nd round pick. Looking back it's pretty funny how many fans were saying Gase was saving him in preseason so teams couldn't prepare for him and would unleash him in the red zone during the regular season.

I would go Cleveland #1for sure. Mayfield is the real deal. Colts a solid #2.

Gesucki has a long way to go to justify 2nd round pick. Looking back it's pretty funny how many fans were saying Gase was saving him in preseason so teams couldn't prepare for him and would unleash him in the red zone during the regular season.
I was told that and I kept complaining on chat about that. I said that was nonsense but guru Gase "knew" what he was doing. He was the wrong pick. I wanted Goedert and was very upset when they passed on him.

And the 2018 class pales (to this point) in comparison to our 2016 class which featured Laremy Tunsil, Xavien Howard, Kenyan Drake, Jakeem Grant (and the mighty Leonte Carroo).

Two nice infusions of young talent out of our last three drafts.

Colts then Cleveland then...

Everyone else.

They got buffalo way too low.

I always roll my eyes when fans say this. Nobody has a damn clue. Derwin James could have easily suffered the same or worse fate in MIAMI's defensive scheme. FITZ could have enjoyed the same or better success in San Diego's system with better talent around him.

But folks just love to compare apples and oranges when they see players performing elsewhere as if it was destined or guaranteed to happen exactly the same no matter which team drafted them. SMH.

Not only that, 1 season doesn't make a career. Gotta see where these guys are in 2-3 years to more fairly evaluate. Even then, there's no way to know how the fit would have worked exactly.

WE landed some nice picks. I will take Minkah, Baker, Ballage and Sanders, Nice upside for all of them. Jury is still out on our TE's. Not sure we got the value out of the 2nd round pick, but also dont think he was used properly. Armstrong flashed for a late pick

Interesting that the teams ranked ahead of us drafted QBs, Impact LBs or Ham and Egger Lineman. I loved this opening comment on the colts " eschewed sexier picks in the early rounds". We dont need sexy. WE need to fix our Lines. and find a Franchise QB.

I'm very pleased with the players we drafted, but I won't be happy until we draft a franchise QB.

the last 3 yr. our draft have been all right but we have miss big on some game change QB. Our team is avg because of the GM.

I like this draft class. I think in a few years we'll look back on this and have an even higher opinion of it. In particular, some positions take longer to develop than others, and I'm looking at Mike Gesicki (and to a lesser extent Durham Smythe) as a guy who is developing, but not yet appreciated. I felt the same way about Xavien Howard and had to defend him for a good year and a half until he started getting over the hump of adapting to the NFL game.

Back
Top Bottom