Draft Grades. Pretty Decent Class For Miami. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Grades. Pretty Decent Class For Miami.

the thing is he is a strider so running short drags is not the best thing for him. he is a hitch seam guy. gase didnt use him correctly. he needs space
Hmmm

That would seem to limit him considerably.

I'm hopeful for him, but really don't expect a perennial pro bowl candidate.

Any draft pick who starts and plays average or above is a win
I don't recall him being a consistent starter, or average, TBH.

I'm not saying he was a bust. At this point we don't even know if it was a good pick, or not.

I was a little disappointed, but coaching, or lack thereof may be to blame to some, if not a large degree.

they still fail because this miss main piece of puzzled QB. when they could of had a great qb

I would go Cleveland #1for sure. Mayfield is the real deal. Colts a solid #2.

Minkah was a great pick, although Derwin may have been better choice.

Gesucki has a long way to go to justify 2nd round pick. Looking back it's pretty funny how many fans were saying Gase was saving him in preseason so teams couldn't prepare for him and would unleash him in the red zone during the regular season.
I don't think he was targeted nearly enough. I don't know if it was Gase's play design or RT not looking his way because he was more confident with the vet receivers. He's a definite mismatch for any linebacker covering him, especially running a seam. I don't think they used him properly to their advantage. He should be more active this go around.

Minkah in the right system is an All Pro talent.

Him and Derwin are the future at safety.
I don't think it was the system as much as it was playing him out of position. Put him where he belongs and he'll shine. Give him credit, a rookie able to play effectively at any position in the secondary. Not many vets can do that.

I would go Cleveland #1for sure. Mayfield is the real deal. Colts a solid #2.

Minkah was a great pick, although Derwin may have been better choice.

Gesucki has a long way to go to justify 2nd round pick. Looking back it's pretty funny how many fans were saying Gase was saving him in preseason so teams couldn't prepare for him and would unleash him in the red zone during the regular season.

It can be argued that Grier picked the wrong safety in round 1...and the wrong tight end in round 2...which is a scary thought for the future.

Hmmm

That would seem to limit him considerably.

I'm hopeful for him, but really don't expect a perennial pro bowl candidate.
he is extremely limited imo. he went high bc of his combine. I wanted Andrews

I always find these post draft grades pretty laughable and this one is standard. Every team according to them minus one team had at least an average draft with the vast majority of teams having an above average to a great draft. No team had a bust of a draft which of course never turns out that way. 5 years from now these grades will look ridiculous. Most of the post draft grades do the same thing. They are almost all overwhelmingly positive with a few mediocre grades to try to give the appearance of impartiality. I think the writers are terrified in predicting a lousy draft so someone a number of years down the line couldn't throw it in their face if they are wrong. If they give everyone A's and B's then they cover themselves. But yeah, its silly

only block gesicki executed with any remote consistency was a stalk block which is pretty much a wr ask

I feel bad for the tight ends coach. he's got an uphill climb in front of him with this one

Draft grades after one year is pointless.

Minkah was an excellent pick.
Baker was a solid pick.
Sanders was a excellent pick.
Gesicki was asked to block more than any TE in the entire league because Gase was a ****ing moron.

Yeah Derwin James is a freak and we all knew this and I wanted us to draft him so much, but to sit here and act like Minkah isn't as good a player is a disservice to him. They'll both be excellent defenders for many many years.

It can be argued that Grier picked the wrong safety in round 1...and the wrong tight end in round 2...which is a scary thought for the future.

Do we know if he was targeting a safety specifically? I know that is the assumption but to me they targeted a really good athlete with the leadership, smarts and versatility the defense has lacked for years.

Trust me, I wanted Derwin at that pick, but the intent always seemed to be Jones/Mcdonald with Minkah used as a chess piece. Hell he may be the starting CB opposite of X in 2019.

Minkah was a very good pick. Hell I think it will end up a homerun. He is as smart as I’ve seen this early from a DB. He just needs to get that head around.

Complete agree on Gesicki . . . .he is as awkward as I have seen at the TE position. He had no idea how to absorb contact his rookie season. Was very disappointed when we selected a TE and the name Dallas Goedert was not announced. Hopefully he has a big bounce back season. I do feel like Gesicki was a very “Gase” TE selection.

Gase said that minkah was playing out of position at corner. Drafted to be a safety.

Although I think we could see him as the 2nd boundary in 2019 or even 1st should they trade x

If not qb they got a lot of work to do this offseason be it draft or free agency on that defensive front

Which means imo corner could go on the back burner

Back
Top Bottom