Draft Grades. Pretty Decent Class For Miami. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Grades. Pretty Decent Class For Miami.

Encouraging signs from the top half of the class minus Gesicki.
Hopefully, he trains hard this offseason.

I would go Cleveland #1for sure. Mayfield is the real deal. Colts a solid #2.

Minkah was a great pick, although Derwin may have been better choice.

Gesucki has a long way to go to justify 2nd round pick. Looking back it's pretty funny how many fans were saying Gase was saving him in preseason so teams couldn't prepare for him and would unleash him in the red zone during the regular season.
Unleash!!! Ohh coaching pep phrases are TIGHT...

I was told that and I kept complaining on chat about that. I said that was nonsense but guru Gase "knew" what he was doing. He was the wrong pick. I wanted Goedert and was very upset when they passed on him.
Same. I wanted Taco Charlton....got a traffic cone instead...lol

Last edited:
I may have underestimated Baker Mayfield in last years draft.

I would have gone Sam Darnold #1 and Quenton Nelson #4. My standard excuse is that I'm not in the interview room.

I did like Derwin James at #11 mostly because I thought the QB's and Fitzpatrick would be gone.

Encouraging signs from the top half of the class minus Gesicki.
Hopefully, he trains hard this offseason.

I also hope Flores doesn't try to make a blocking TE out of him before giving him a shot at receiving TE. You know, play to a guy's strengths.

I would go Cleveland #1for sure. Mayfield is the real deal. Colts a solid #2.

Minkah was a great pick, although Derwin may have been better choice.

Gesucki has a long way to go to justify 2nd round pick. Looking back it's pretty funny how many fans were saying Gase was saving him in preseason so teams couldn't prepare for him and would unleash him in the red zone during the regular season.
i was saying from the beginning that if gesicki wasgoing to be good it would be year 2 or 3.

i was saying from the beginning that if gesicki wasgoing to be good it would be year 2 or 3.

That's, tangentially, a complaint I have with grading draft classes. First, some positions/players take 2-3 years to click. Second, poor use of a draft pick (e.g., Fitz, Gesicki) is not an indicator of real talent. I won't list all, but, in any case, the drafts have been more productive lately.

I also hope Flores doesn't try to make a blocking TE out of him before giving him a shot at receiving TE. You know, play to a guy's strengths.
why did we draft this TE. when eagles TE is way better. he was on board when we pick.

why did we draft this TE. when eagles TE is way better. he was on board when we pick.

That's a question for Gase. No one knows. I can just see Gase drafting Sproles. 'Look, the first thing you need to know is you'll be out power back. Over OG every play. Get your head down and get those yards.' Which TE was drafted, to me, doesn't matter. It's drafting a TE good at one part of the job but trying to make him do another. My point was, it's hard to grade some players (e.g., Gesicki) when they were used wrong. It'll be interesting to see how he does under Flores.

That's a question for Gase. No one knows. I can just see Gase drafting Sproles. 'Look, the first thing you need to know is you'll be out power back. Over OG every play. Get your head down and get those yards.' Which TE was drafted, to me, doesn't matter. It's drafting a TE good at one part of the job but trying to make him do another. My point was, it's hard to grade some players (e.g., Gesicki) when they were used wrong. It'll be interesting to see how he does under Flores.
Gesicki is still young we will see this yr.

That's the general opinion on any TE. The thing with MG is that, although he did make some progress as a blocker, he looked lost, and not smooth at all in his routes. That is a very valid concern.

That's the general opinion on any TE. The thing with MG is that, although he did make some progress as a blocker, he looked lost, and not smooth at all in his routes. That is a very valid concern.
the thing is he is a strider so running short drags is not the best thing for him. he is a hitch seam guy. gase didnt use him correctly. he needs space

Back
Top Bottom