Draft needs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft needs

In looking at player rankings, picking 5th we should have the #1 OT, the #2 Ot, #1 DL.
I am assuming that Burrows and Allen are both gone.
I would use our three first round picks as OL, OL, DL.

To state the obvious, there isn't a reasonable way to know draft needs until after FA. Even then, the needs may not match who's available at which draft spot.
Given that, QB, OL, Edge, DB - in any order. Fill the deepest holes

At #4 which we will probably be with 4-12 record (We select Joe Burrow QB, LSU) watch. Bengals will get Chase Young, Redskins get Juedy, Lions get Thomas, we get Burrow. Not kidding.
I disagree, i think both Bengals and Lions salivate over Burrow. Bengals are definitely QB-needy and Lions could definitely use something to force Stafford out of mediocrity

At #4 which we will probably be with 4-12 record (We select Joe Burrow QB, LSU) watch. Bengals will get Chase Young, Redskins get Juedy, Lions get Thomas, we get Burrow. Not kidding.
Yeah, everyone in the NFL is suddenly going to get stupid and pass on QBs :rolleyes:

To me Burrows and Allen are the first two. Likely Burrows as Bengals need a QB.

If Herbert is there at 5, do we take him. Physically has it all but some say not a leader type personality.

It might be easier to list what the Dolphins don’t need to upgrade than what they do need to upgrade. This is a team that needs to add loads of talent throughout the entire roster before they will be able to legitimately contend for a spot in the playoffs.

I think there is a greater chance we get a foot of snow on the ground here in Miami on Christmas Day than there is Burrow is still on the board at four. In other words, it ain’t happening.

If Herbert is there at 5, do we take him. Physically has it all but some say not a leader type personality.
The fact he is not seen as a leader is the reason I think the Dolphins would not draft him. They have spent this entire season trying to instill leadership qualities in Rosen and I think they would probably go with Rosen over drafting Herbert if it comes down to it. I watched several games Herbert played this past season and I just wasn’t impressed. He has a strong arm but he seems lost if his primary receiver is not open.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom