Draft needs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft needs

It might be easier to list what the Dolphins don’t need to upgrade than what they do need to upgrade. This is a team that needs to add loads of talent throughout the entire roster before they will be able to legitimately contend for a spot in the playoffs.

Don't disagree, but the staff will prioritize. Not going to be a shopping list of 'everything'

At #4 which we will probably be with 4-12 record (We select Joe Burrow QB, LSU) watch. Bengals will get Chase Young, Redskins get Juedy, Lions get Thomas, we get Burrow. Not kidding.

For sake of discussion, let's say you're right. What would CIN/DET do? Pcik a 2nd tier need or trade down for a million picks? Once they declare they're passing on Burrows/Young, the bidding war is on

I have no real idea of who this organization will pick. Cause for me they are on a different rave length than what I've been used to for so long.

Now if me I'd first go out and get a bonafide DE in FA. Next or maybe before the FA DE, Schereff a deal he can't refuse even if that meant a little advisement from Mr Vito Corleone.
Draft: Thomas or
DL Derrick Brown. My thinking that that talent pushing up the middle will help the whole DL especially the DE's, significantly. Plus he's a very very good talent. Him and Wilkins ...niccce
But Thomas and I'd love Biadasz the center. But we better put a lot into upgrade the. OL .....

Think several good OL in this draft, hope we take advantage of it for a change....

if we get pass rushers as free agent's, I would go LT/C/RT first 3 pick's in the 1st round.
or LT Thomas with our 1st pick & trade the next 2 first rounders & get RT Wirfs & go Rosen 2020.

At #4 which we will probably be with 4-12 record (We select Joe Burrow QB, LSU) watch. Bengals will get Chase Young, Redskins get Juedy, Lions get Thomas, we get Burrow. Not kidding.
Not kidding, but delusional.

Even if Cincy did something insane, like passing on Burrow, there would be a myriad of teams lining up to give up multiple #1s+ to move into that spot.

The fact he is not seen as a leader is the reason I think the Dolphins would not draft him. They have spend this entire season trying to instill leadership qualities in Rosen and I think they would probably go with Rosen over drafting Herbert if it comes down to it. I watched several games Herbert played this past season and I just wasn’t impressed. He has a strong arm but he seems lost if his primary receiver is not open.
You watched several games of Herbert this season and weren't impressed, but you watched several games of Rosen and think that he's the future?

Wut...

If Herbert is there at 5, do we take him. Physically has it all but some say not a leader type personality.
My opinion, not at #5.

I wouldn't hate packaging 1b + 1c in a move up to get him, but I don't love it either.

The thing is, I think Herbert is likely the second QB taken, and if we truly want him, it will cost us our first pick.

For sake of discussion, let's say you're right. What would CIN/DET do? Pcik a 2nd tier need or trade down for a million picks? Once they declare they're passing on Burrows/Young, the bidding war is on
I agree, and might be wise of cin. They have multiple holes

Not kidding, but delusional.

Even if Cincy did something insane, like passing on Burrow, there would be a myriad of teams lining up to give up multiple #1s+ to move into that spot.
I think that is correct. If cin wants extra picks or would be happy with Eason, Herbert, Fromm et all, trade down.

I have no real idea of who this organization will pick. Cause for me they are on a different rave length than what I've been used to for so long.

Now if me I'd first go out and get a bonafide DE in FA. Next or maybe before the FA DE, Schereff a deal he can't refuse even if that meant a little advisement from Mr Vito Corleone.
Draft: Thomas or
DL Derrick Brown. My thinking that that talent pushing up the middle will help the whole DL especially the DE's, significantly. Plus he's a very very good talent. Him and Wilkins ...niccce
But Thomas and I'd love Biadasz the center. But we better put a lot into upgrade the. OL .....

Think several good OL in this draft, hope we take advantage of it for a change....

I'm glad I'm not the only one looking to upgrade our center.

Which players in this draft have the best chance of being a top 5 players in the NFL at their respective position? For example, as much as everybody seems to be falling in love with Burrow, in 4 or 5 years do you see him as being a top 5 NFL qb? If he's a 10 thru 15 type of qb most fans are going to be calling for the team to at least start searching for his replacement.

Sometimes I think we get caught up in the fact that a player might be one of the top rookie prospects in a draft as his position but lose focus on the fact that his NFL ceiling might be just becoming a decent servicable starter. I think Chase Young has the best chance of being dominate at his position. I just don't know if he's a scheme fit for Miami.

As for the team needs, I would say standout players at any position. Miami actually has the making of some decent second and third teir players at several positions. Players that would make good backups, like Needham and some of the other secondary players.

1. Bengals - Burrow
2. Redskins - Young
3. Lions - Brown
4. Giants - Thomas
5. Dolphins - Tua

FYI -- I do think the Giants pull an upset and we jump up to 4th.

Hopefully we sign someone like Yannick Ngakoue so we can double up on the OL with 1b & 1c. Something like Josh Jones and Biadasz/Humphrey. If not, I'd take one of the centers as well as Gross-Matos/Chaisson and then grab Jones or Austin Jackson with 2a.

Back
Top Bottom