Draft needs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft needs

Did I miss something?? Who the heck is Allen?
This is what I came here to post.
Only Allen I know is

Marvin Allen

Dolphins assistant general manager.

Came over from the Bills national scout. Prior to that, Allen was the director of college scouting for the Kansas City Chiefs from 2012-16. Highly respected, 26-year veteran in NFL scouting, Allen also spent five years scouting for the Atlanta Falcons.

The surprisingly common Chase Allen = Chase Young typo. Maybe people are afraid of typing Chase Young in their computer, just in case the police or wife notice the two word combination and read them the riot act.

As I grew up a fan of the woeful Lions, I follow them as well, and I agree with @MadDog 88 to a point. Stafford is a good QB, with a cannon of an arm, but he isn't "elite".

He also isn't the problem in Detroit, but he isn't the direction I want to go either. I dont want any "backside of thier career" guy, period.
Not elite but he can get you to serious contender if you give him a running game and defense. He gives you a five year window which is plenty of time to find the future while (assuming) you are playing into January.

In spite of missing half this season and most of 2011 he’s the youngest guy to 40K yards. 5 years for pick 5? Yeah I’d do it but you know like I do the Lions are not letting him go. He’s the reason they win when they do.

Not elite but he can get you to serious contender if you give him a running game and defense. He gives you a five year window which is plenty of time to find the future while (assuming) you are playing into January.

In spite of missing half this season and most of 2011 he’s the youngest guy to 40K yards. 5 years for pick 5? Yeah I’d do it but you know like I do the Lions are not letting him go. He’s the reason they win when they do.
I like Stafford a lot (anyone that calls him mediocre looks at Lions W-L...does not watch their games), but there is no way I would trade a premium pick for him at his age. Moot point, unless the back is much worse that reported, he's in Detroit next year. He was having a career year before the injury and Patricia and the GM have to win next year or they're gone. They're not going to start a rebuild at QB in that scenario. They likely go OT or the CB from Ohio State if he can play the man coverage that Patricia likes.

IMO needs, in order of priority:
1. QB
2. OT
3. DE
4. CB
5. RB
6. Safety
Id put safety advice rb and cb. We've got backups right now, no starters. I like Row and Colbert, but we need two new safeties for depth and potential. Especially a high FS, round 3 or 4 would be good imo.

Please don't forget about CB. IMO, HOWARD is no sure thing anymore (ala TUA), at the moment he can be described as "injury prone". Hopefully he can kick that label & continue to progress. Love NEEDHAM but we need at least 1 more quality CB. Also don't forget about more LBs. So, OL, CB, Edge/LBs & RB. Oh yeah, a H.O.F. quality QB. Other than that, I

I'm glad I'm not the only one looking to upgrade our center.

I've been on the Creed Humphrey train for months!

But I have to say Kilgore played serviceable ball for the most part.

Kinda thinking we may focus heavy on the O this draft and

target edge and DB FA... Whatever it's going to be very interesting!

Especially when you consider all the young pieces we have on the offensive side that are starting to come into their own. I want a young QB that can grow with them and help keep us in contention every year.
Yes I thought that was the idea to load up on young talent and keep pressing that button at all positions until we hit a good starter [not I don't think we will draft all pro's with every high pick] so have a nucleus of a young talented squad to keep us in playoff contention for years to come. The only time I would deviate is for a short term vet as a stop gap ie OL [any one tell me if Williams from Washington is a chance to be picked up in FA and is he the type to teach young players like Fitz at QB?] while we groom his replacement. Sorry Stafford [back and age] I wouldn't waste resources on when we have Fitz.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that someone (Herbert?) crushes the combine and pre-draft circus, and somehow Burrow flops. I know it isn’t likely, but I can dream.

If Stafford was 26 instead of 31, I might be willing to listen to an offer...just listen.

As it stands, there's no way that trade should go through without Hong Kong like riots going on in the streets of Miami.
I would take Stafford in miami. They try to trade for him 2 yr ago.

Back
Top Bottom