Draft order rules | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft order rules

If they have the first pick?

Absolutely not.

Maybe with the first pick in the second round.
You guys can keep dreaming that Tua is going to slip in the draft. The only way that happens is if the medicals come back way worse than his doctors predicted.

You guys can keep dreaming that Tua is going to slip in the draft. The only way that happens is if the medicals come back way worse than his doctors predicted.
He's got metal in his hip. He has to relearn to walk. He's not sure if he's going all the way to the 2nd round. He was the consensus 1st overall pick. Him being the 2nd qb picked is in fact slipping

He's got metal in his hip. He has to relearn to walk. He's not sure if he's going all the way to the 2nd round. He was the consensus 1st overall pick. Him being the 2nd qb picked is in fact slipping

and there two types of infections he has to worry about in the first 8mos of the operation. He contracts either one and his career is over. He’s not going in the first, he just won’t be ready to declare himself healthy enough. We’d be jackasses if we risked a first rounder on him. Time to move on as far as I’m concerned

He's going to someone in the first. It's to important of a position. Patriots, saints, packers, titans All will highly think about it

I have no idea how far he'll go, but he was likely going #1 or #2 before the injury.

I think it's highly unlikely he goes #1 or #2 now, regardless of what his medicals say.

That's slipping.

and there two types of infections he has to worry about in the first 8mos of the operation. He contracts either one and his career is over. He’s not going in the first, he just won’t be ready to declare himself healthy enough. We’d be jackasses if we risked a first rounder on him. Time to move on as far as I’m concerned

For his sale I hope he doesn’t get MRSA. I had a patient a few years back that got MRSA from a TKR. They had to remove the implant and fuse his tibia and fibula to the femur. It took 2 years for him to recover.

For his sale I hope he doesn’t get MRSA. I had a patient a few years back that got MRSA from a TKR. They had to remove the implant and fuse his tibia and fibula to the femur. It took 2 years for him to recover.

My mom died from MRSA. It started with a severely broken ankle. They had to attach a plate with pins on both sides. After the surgery and hospitalization, doctors thought she was too weak to come home so they referred her to a rehab facility. Initially there were no beds available then at the last second they found an opening. Apparently the prior patient in that room was really sick but we didn't find out about it until later. Just before my mom was to be discharged 2 weeks later they found abnormalities. Turned out it was MRSA. Her entire system was attacked. Major organs. I won't go into all the details. Still very difficult to rationalize more than a decade later. She died a few months later. At least she was able to come home the final 3 weeks.

He is not slipping into the second round unless his medicals come back way worse than anticipated, in which case he would probably be undraftable altogether.

He is not slipping into the second round unless his medicals come back way worse than anticipated, in which case he would probably be undraftable altogether.
I am not sure about that. If I were a deep playoff team, picking 30th, I might gamble. Otherwise I think people will go a different route.

Unfortunately for him, I think his career is in jeopardy. I have no inside info, and next spring we will know more, and more again by the fall.
For us, we have so many holes, I do not take him.

We'd be jackasses to completely dismiss him right now without doing our due diligence. Sort of like you are doing haha

Myles Jack and the ND linebacker from a few years back are prime examples. And they were LBs. I think a QB that was likely the first overall pick will garner extra attention over a position like LB.

We'd be jackasses to completely dismiss him right now without doing our due diligence. Sort of like you are doing haha

Myles Jack and the ND linebacker from a few years back are prime examples. And they were LBs. I think a QB that was likely the first overall pick will garner extra attention over a position like LB.

im guessing you are joking but if you’re not nowhere in my post am I dismissing him, just pointing out the realities

im guessing you are joking but if you’re not nowhere in my post am I dismissing him, just pointing out the realities

haha Im not joking. The last line of your post "Time to move on as far as I am concerned". Is that not dismissing him? I think thats the exact definition of dismissing.

haha Im not joking. The last line of your post "Time to move on as far as I am concerned". Is that not dismissing him? I think thats the exact definition of dismissing.

right now I am dismissing him. Was listening to a prominent doctor who specializes in the Tua operation on WFAN a few weeks ago, and he said after the operation Tua could come down with one of two diseases or conditions. He said you have to give it six months after the operation to find out. He said Bo Jackson contracted one of them hence football career over. By that math six months takes place after the draft. I pass. However he also said that if he doesn’t catch one of the conditions he could return to action 100%. So, by draft time thats too big of a risk

Back
Top Bottom