Draft Prospect Visits | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Prospect Visits

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
To give us a bit more conversation that is not tanking, thought I'd show a list of players that Miami has confirmed will be visiting. This will also include local visitors and guys who worked out for our coaches at pro days (not necessarily interviews but guys who did private workouts after the combine. Please add people as they are confirmed.

Confirmed VIsitors
LJ Collier DE,TCU
Maxx Crosby DE, Eastern Michigan
Johnny Dixon WR, Ohio State
Jaylon Ferguson DE/OLB, LA Tech
Ka'Dar Hollman CB, Toledo
Gary Jennings WR, West Virginia
Jimmy Moreland CB, James Madison
Oshane Ximines DE/OLB, Old Dominion
Olive Sagapolu DT, Wisconsin

Local Visits
Jhvonta Dean, CB Miami
Venzell Boulware OG, Miami
Tyree Horton LB, Grand Valley State
Fred Jones DT, FSU
Ravian Pierce TE, Syracuse
Mike Smith LB, Miami

Now keep in mind we have also had workouts with both Haskins and Murray. Have worked out Chris Lindstrom multiple times, and this does not include all of the people we met at pro days

Heavy on defense makes sense seeing as we have no defensive ends.

No offensive linemen hum.

I understand the offensive line is somewhat weak in this years draft. Yet with all this conjuncture about drafting a rookie QB next year building a offensive line this year would be some logical.

Take into account that it takes longer to build the oline than the defense I am going to find it interesting how we address the oline this year.

Thanks @ChambersWI this is definitely a needed thread! Keeping that first post updated would be awesome.

There are a few prospects that I find intriguing in that group, such as Maxx Crosby (athletic, but haven't really seen him play), Jaylon Ferguson (been intrigued for a while! He has a hell of a bull-rush, but is he quick enough to have any other pass rushing moves?), and Jimmy Moreland (I always love the small school CB's … you can really find some gems there late!).

I can see why these guys might merit a closer look … hard to know exactly what you're getting from some of these guys. Overall, I like the list, because it shows they're doing the deeper due diligence on lesser known prospects.

Heavy on defense makes sense seeing as we have no defensive ends.

No offensive linemen hum.

I understand the offensive line is somewhat weak in this years draft. Yet with all this conjuncture about drafting a rookie QB next year building a offensive line this year would be some logical.

Take into account that it takes longer to build the oline than the defense I am going to find it interesting how we address the oline this year.

We have worked out Lindstrom 3 times and I've heard rumors he could be coming in. We're also looked at a few OL at pro days so don't read too much into that

Thanks @ChambersWI this is definitely a needed thread! Keeping that first post updated would be awesome.

There are a few prospects that I find intriguing in that group, such as Maxx Crosby (athletic, but haven't really seen him play), Jaylon Ferguson (been intrigued for a while! He has a hell of a bull-rush, but is he quick enough to have any other pass rushing moves?), and Jimmy Moreland (I always love the small school CB's … you can really find some gems there late!).

I can see why these guys might merit a closer look … hard to know exactly what you're getting from some of these guys. Overall, I like the list, because it shows they're doing the deeper due diligence on lesser known prospects.

I think based on who we are looking at it is very clear the Pats influence on the draft

We have worked out Lindstrom 3 times and I've heard rumors he could be coming in. We're also looked at a few OL at pro days so don't read too much into that

I think based on who we are looking at it is very clear the Pats influence on the draft
They've worked Lindstrom out 3 times? I hope he has something left for TC

Don't get tweaked about who we bring in. Usually we draft half or less from the group we bring in. We don't tip our hand with who we bring in. We just bring in people who we can't really get the full picture for, and want more info.

Good info.

Is Lindstrom a prospect for pick 13?

A possible trade back target?

2nd round?

I could definitely see Lindstrom sliding to us in the 2nd. I'm not in favor of drafting any OL in the 1st round this year … the talent simply isn't there, IMHO. But of the next tier talent, I'm a big fan of Lindstrom. I know a lot of other people are head over heels for Garrett Bradbury as well, but he probably will not last to the 2nd round.

They say that this isn't a great OL draft, but that's only at the elite 1st round level. There's actually a LOT of good OL in this draft, with some decent selection in every round. While this is definitely a defense-heavy draft, we can easily rebuild our OL in this draft. I see us drafting 2 OL, and starters are available in every round.

Lindstrom is seen as a late first. Trade back candidate imo

I think people are underrating Lindstrom a bit. I think j off is right in that he is seen as a top 20 prospect. I also think silver made a good point in VIP saying that teams see the effect Quinton Nelson had on the Colts offense and will now prioritize a top notch guard prospect

Don't get tweaked about who we bring in. Usually we draft half or less from the group we bring in. We don't tip our hand with who we bring in. We just bring in people who we can't really get the full picture for, and want more info.

Yup, that’s the only problem with the visit list, I mean possibly mis construing that it means these are the ‘targets’ and others are not.

History has shown that is not the case.

Back
Top Bottom