Draft Prospect Visits | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Prospect Visits

the whole process is a game. I would actually think that whoever we bring in to check out is someone we WONT draft lol. Just makes people think we are interested when we aren't. Which would suck because I like Lindstrom.

I think most teams at least make some type of contact with their top pick unless a guys just so clean they don’t need to.

Although if I’m looking for smarts for scheme it’s a good idea to get some whiteboard time

man I really can't wait for the draft. Some of the "ideas" thrown out there are really crazy. A freaking guard at 13 and trade 4 1st round picks for Wilson?.....lol
22 more days till we see reality!!

Also know as 22 days of purgatory.

Ideally, you trade back so you can add Lindstrom and McCoy then you can set 3/5th of the line for about 5 years.

While I don't think Lindstrom at 13 is a bad pick as it helps the team out and feels like one of the safer picks. I would hate to take that over Burns or Oliver is they happen to end up there. If Oliver is there, I'm writing that name as I run the card up. The idea he would slip to 13 in insane, but teams do dumb things all the time...I mean we drafted Dion Jordan.

If Miami buys into misusage with Gary watch out for it. I’m not sure I buy it but I bet they like the poa play for the scheme and the versatility

Wtf. And that’s separate from the contract.
110% worth it

Especially given how the line and receiving Corp look right now. Pretty similar to a lot of his time in Seattle

Though trading for Wilson would make a lot of sense if true (not for 4 #1s...not even close), Miami said there would be no more huge FA or traded players with huge contracts...that includes to a lesser point, to the QB position.

So if by some rediculous 'all the stars' lined perfectly deals to get him did happen, he would have to agree to a deal that did not hold the team hostage for 4 or 5 years with top 3 QB money.

Though trading for Wilson would make a lot of sense if true (not for 4 #1s...not even close), Miami said there would be no more huge FA or traded players with huge contracts...that includes to a lesser point, to the QB position.

So if by some rediculous 'all the stars' lined perfectly deals to get him did happen, he would have to agree to a deal that did not hold the team hostage for 4 or 5 years with top 3 QB money.

So basically it’s 0.0 chance

Do you think Gary has great POA play?

I think as a de he does. It’s better than the pure outside shoulder pass rush. Kicked inside I think he becomes more jag

But we can line him up in a lot of different ask on the los

And if we are gonna run all those heavy db packages we have to get better at the poa. Which is probably why they are sniffing later round nose tackle options for multiple fronts. (Which I like that they are looking later round instead of investing high draft capitol in it)

But at the end of the day if the scheme is gonna drive the pass rush primarily why even invest high draft capitol in it. Just something that they got to weigh I guess.

If we gonna do it with jags by design I’m punting on any high draft capitol investment in it. But we also seriously lack bodies right now so should be interesting couple weeks from now. And post draft even

I just don’t see them greenlighting non poa players schematically at least early

To be fair Gary was not misused his job in Don Browns defense was to anchor the OL and open things up for the other DE and Rush LB.

And that’s definition of misusage in terms of what you project of the player in tbe pros if I’m drafting him top 15.

You aren’t drafting that guy top 15 as a decoy and to clog

I think as a de he does. It’s better than the pure outside shoulder pass rush. Kicked inside I think he becomes more jag

But we can line him up in a lot of different ask on the los

And if we are gonna run all those heavy db packages we have to get better at the poa. Which is probably why they are sniffing later round nose tackle options for multiple fronts. (Which I like that they are looking later round instead of investing high draft capitol in it)

But at the end of the day if the scheme is gonna drive the pass rush primarily why even invest high draft capitol in it. Just something that they got to weigh I guess.

If we gonna do it with jags by design I’m punting on any high draft capitol investment in it. But we also seriously lack bodies right now so should be interesting couple weeks from now. And post draft even

I just don’t see them greenlighting non poa players schematically at least early

Yea, i just think Garys hand usage is too poor to be good at the POA, even on the outside. Not that it cant be developed. But I would pass on him

Yea, i just think Garys hand usage is too poor to be good at the POA, even on the outside. Not that it cant be developed. But I would pass on him

He’s got heavy hands imo. There’s some thump to him.

The production or lack of top 15 would scare me off more than anything. I don’t think I saw an edge option that was better at the poa. But again top 15 man you got to eat on tbe qb. Not create for others

I think the correct fit is as a de ask outside/inside shoulder of the tackle but does he have enough outside shoulder win in that ask? Ehh

And where’s the hand usage when lined up inside to win as a pass rusher? I lose interest more in his overall game when he kicks inside

Back
Top Bottom