Draft Rankings | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Rankings

That's not really relevant to the thread, as it hurts our SoS, but yeah, it helps our pick for that punk from Alabama.
Yeah, but we played Pittsburgh once and Buffalo twice. This hurts our SoS, unless I'm wrong.

I figure it helped us andd hurt us... Steelers losing and Bills winning. But the Bills win also hurt the Giants and Redskins strength of schedule since they both played Buffalo.

I figure it helped us andd hurt us... Steelers losing and Bills winning. But the Bills win also hurt the Giants and Redskins strength of schedule since they both played Buffalo.
But we played the Jills twice, yeah? So that's two strikes against Miami.

Last edited:
But we played the Jills twice, yeah? So that's to strikes against Miami.

AFC east 2 winners and 2 losers plus we all play the NFC east.

NFC east 3 winners and 1 loser. And they all play AFC East. So it was good in the scheme of things.

Last edited:
AFC east 2 winners and 2 losers plus we all play the AFC north.

AFC North 1 winner and 3 losers. And they all play AFC East. So it was good in the scheme of things.
What are you saying? A Jills win is a double strike, as far as draft position is concerned. The rest is gibberrish.

What are you saying? A Jills win is a double strike, as far as draft position is concerned. The rest is gibberrish.

I meant NFC East instead of AFC North. I’ll fix it. The Phins moved ahead of Skins and moved closer to the Giants in terms of SoS. We currently sit at #3. We were #4 before today and Skins also lost. Just look at the damn Tankathon website that is all over this board in multiple threads.

But we played the Jills twice, yeah? So that's two strikes against Miami.

True, but if you look at it as two minus and one pluse for Miami that's .666 while the Giants and Redskins would each be looking at it as one minus or1.000. For example if your sos was .500 and your opponents had a .50/50 going 2 and 1 would make you 52/51 or .50485, while going 1-0 would make you .50495. It's a slight difference but the strikes and Steeler loss would be better than the one strike and no positive for the Giants and Redskins. At least that's the way I took it. The truth is we'll just have to wait two weeks and see how it all plays out. I figure if Miami loses to the Bengals and Patriots they will at worse be third and possibly 2nd. With a oustside shot at catching the Bengals if Miami loses both and the Bengals win both. The irony of that is that if the Bengals win both it hurts Miami's sos in the fight with either the Redskins or Giants. And Miami losing both would benfit the Giants or Redskins sos number.

I think there should be a pinned/stickied thread about draft rules, every week there's a thread and various questions about it and every week people seem incredulous that it works the way it does.

Probably a fired front office because if they neglect the QB position again, this fan base will riot.
Burrow is the only one worthy of a top 5 pick.

I could see Herbert, but it would be overdrafting.

Not having a shot but asking a question that's been on my mind for awhile. [any one answer please]
What teams need a QB and are their GM's gamblers or conservative in nature, so taking a risk on him with a high r 1 draft pick especially if come draft time he is still unproven health wise how well he will come back?
Of course a lot will be determined by his medical reports but if they come back and they are encouraging, I feel there would be plenty of teams willing to take a gamble on a potential franchise QB, especially those teams that feel their team is close but could use a special type QB. Teams like the Chargers, Carolina, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, and I wouldn't rule out teams like Detroit, Tampa, and Oakland.

Last edited:
Tua must be healthy. If not it waste of time to draft hurt guy. Than when it dont work out yall going be mad at front office.
I would be more mad at the front office if they decide to pass on Tua and he goes on to have a great career. I would never hold it against them for gambling on greatness when it comes to the QB position. Nothing can change a franchise's fortunes faster than an elite QB. It won't matter what anyone thinks of this front office because if they don't find a franchise QB, they will be gone anyway.

Trying to get as high as #2 in the draft for me means more because of rounds two and three. At this point IF we want Tua we would take him at 2 or at 4 so that probably wouldn't change but having the 2nd pick of the 2nd round gives us a lot of options. Some good players will fall off the first round so we could trade down for more picks or we're in a position to draft a top player that didn't go in the first round. Same thing in the 3rd round. That's why I really want us with the #2 pick as the 1st pick is out of reach.

I would be more mad at the front office if they decide to pass on Tua and he goes on to have a great career. I would never hold it against them for gambling on greatness when it comes to the QB position. Nothing can change a franchise's fortunes faster than an elite QB. It won't matter what anyone thinks of this front office because if they don't find a franchise QB, they will be gone anyway.
Either way these coaches could be out of job.. I dont see Mayfield or murry winning that easy. Still got build team around these young qb.

Of course a lot will be determined by his medical reports but if they come back and they are encouraging, I feel there would be plenty of teams willing to take a gamble on a potential franchise QB, especially those teams that feel their team is close but could use a special type QB. Teams like the Chargers, Carolina, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, and I wouldn't rule out teams like Detroit, Tampa, and Oakland.

Agree. But, it's not the garden variety gamble. It's 'how much do I gamble.' The draft itself is a gamble. At some point, the gamble becomes too risky. That seems to be the debate here.

No change. Still #3. It is because we played the Bills twice/Steelers once and NFC East played the Bills once. That’s a one game jump for each of the top 2-4.
Not sure if this is right or not, but sounds good enough to me lol

Back
Top Bottom