Draft, Schedule, Free agency: An early Dolphins look ahead to 2016 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft, Schedule, Free agency: An early Dolphins look ahead to 2016

Go Guard in the 1st round. LB in the 2nd and DB in the 3rd.

It's one thing to say pick a guard with a top 10 pick, but it's an entirely different thing for there to actually be one that's worth that high of an investment (I don't think there are). On the other hand, there are numerous Playmaking defensive players that are top 10 worthy. Gotta go defense with our first pick. Give me Ramsey, Hargreaves or Smith. I also like Myles Jack, but I believe there will be better options on the board when we pick.

Offensive line guys are for getting in FA. You need guys with experience on day 1 at those positions.
True Left Tackles are the only OL I would consider high in the first round. At this high position, you'd get a good enough athlete with foot quickness allowing you to sub him in at guard if necessary to fill a short term hole.

It's tough, though. Many OTs need seasoning or just get overdrafted. KC's Eric Fisher is still not a starting left tackle and I believe he was a top 5 pick.

We have to get a MLB this year right? Lord I hope so. CB, Safety, DE any of those guys has to be the round one pick I would assume. We have some many needs on defense we should be able to get a top player for one of them round 1 hopefully round 2 as well.

I guess it depends how high we draft and NE losses a pick so technically thats one pick higher in the second round than we would be picking.

Yes, for this defense to move forward they need to find a Mike...

Smith will be gone top 10, but if Ramsey and Hargreaves are gone, I jump all over that and look to someone early in the second to play corner (maybe even move up into the first...have to be bold to improve). Those guys I listed will all be upgrades...Scooby is my first choice, but would be fine with the other 2.

Miami is picking top 10 this year. That can land l Hargreaves, Ramsey, or Smith. One of those 3 will fall enough for Miami to scoop up.

from what I've seen ramsey plays with more cushion...has more safety mindset

Hargreaves is in your pocket

but i haven't looked much at anyone yet...just bits and pieces

yes. that florida defense is legit and hargreaves is a big reason why

Miami is picking top 10 this year. That can land l Hargreaves, Ramsey, or Smith. One of those 3 will fall enough for Miami to scoop up.

And they will draft Shawn Oakman...because **** us...right

have to get a mike...absolutely have to...ragland doesn't have 43 mike range best fits in a 34 inside where you can hide his lack of range more...I have to look at wright still

if Miami goes into 2016 with a true solid mike and vigil as the back up that's not the worst thing in the world...get rid of sheppard...the only thing he does is make the staff feel comfortable with a below average veteran and get in the way of progress

wherever we draft these guys make sure we draft them as ideal fits...I don't want an ideal fit will I draft to play as a mike cause I need one if you get my drift...you end up with an average mike or worse there and you could have an all pro olb

get the mike if it's out there...otherwise when I play Miami if I was a oc I'm gonna continue to get you in base and hammer you with misdirection which nullifies suhs impact when he plays his assignments front side

Rolando McClain is going to be a FA. He is nitwit and what not, but he has great football smarts and on a short contract, I could be convinced. Damario Davis has struggled in NY this year, but I wonder if it is the change of systems. I always liked his game. He has lost snaps this year though in sharing the position.

the other thing is if you add another will with Jenkins and an athlete with upside who needs to gain weight and develop as a lb in Hewitt i think you are gonna be frustrated with the top picks package run instead of every down...and i think jack and smith are both wills

so I'm jumping on Hargreaves if he's there and adding a top level physical talent with awareness on the boundary cb

if you think smiths a mike then that makes sense but i see more athlete than instincts there right now...although i do believe that will develop with him

I think you're spot on about Jaylon. Much better suited for wolb, and more athlete than instincts but I don't think they're lacking a ton and I see him as a guy always working to get better. I think he could stand to up his weight 10-15 pounds and I think he could be a fine mlb

I think you're spot on about Jaylon. Much better suited for wolb, and more athlete than instincts but I don't think they're lacking a ton and I see him as a guy always working to get better. I think he could stand to up his weight 10-15 pounds and I think he could be a fine mlb

You wants him at 245?

and Smith has excellent instincts and would transition very well inside...best LB prospect since Kueckly.

I am finding free agent money for a guard. We are looking at 0-6 in the division. We need to stop being in denial about being wimps against the divisional defensive fronts. Look at Kelechi Osemele from the Ravens. Young and a stud. Pay the man. His teammate Marshal Yanda is an option but is older. It may be tough for the Ravens to pay both. Alex Boone from the Niners and Manny Ramirez from the Broncos are big boys. Get a freaking guard. No screwing around on this. The nastier and more aggressive, the better. Someone who will wipe that smirk off Todd Bowles' face and play to the echo of the whistle. Someone who goes and looks for the Louisville DB from the Jets and takes him out and then tweets about it. It's time for nasty. The beauty of football is he who talks tough today is on a gurney tomorrow. Enough marks were left that the Dolphins will remember.

See if you can get a free safety too. Someone competent who understands geometry and has reasonable hands and hips.

I am finding free agent money for a guard. We are looking at 0-6 in the division. We need to stop being in denial about being wimps against the divisional defensive fronts. Look at Kelechi Osemele from the Ravens. Young and a stud. Pay the man. His teammate Marshal Yanda is an option but is older. It may be tough for the Ravens to pay both. Alex Boone from the Niners and Manny Ramirez from the Broncos are big boys. Get a freaking guard. No screwing around on this. The nastier and more aggressive, the better. Someone who will wipe that smirk off Todd Bowles' face and play to the echo of the whistle. Someone who goes and looks for the Louisville DB from the Jets and takes him out and then tweets about it. It's time for nasty. The beauty of football is he who talks tough today is on a gurney tomorrow. Enough marks were left that the Dolphins will remember.

See if you can get a free safety too. Someone competent who understands geometry and has reasonable hands and hips.

yanda signed an extension in Baltimore already this year

Back
Top Bottom