Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE! | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE!

Let's just take a QB in the second round..... Why not? We've had great luck. NOT! Henne doesnt make reads. He locks on to one target and that's it. He's a joke and should never start in this league again.

While not endorsing or unedorsing Henne I certainly feel like he played much better than Sanchez in New York whose team made the playoffs. THere was like a strech of 3-4 games where Sanchez could hardly complete a pass. Henne never played that bad and you what the Jet won some of those games where the Phins would have lost for sure. Even our defense cost us a couple of game on top of the special team issues we had at the beginning of the year. Sporano for sure has lost a bit of my confidence when he could not fix his offensive line. Which we have spent a ton of money on and a few draft pickst to boot.
With that I can agree 100% (see post #361)

Let's just take a QB in the second round..... Why not? We've had great luck. NOT! Henne doesnt make reads. He locks on to one target and that's it. He's a joke and should never start in this league again.
You are a year to early to be talking Drafting a QB in the first.....I suggest you look at the projected first round QB for next year. It only makes sense to bring in a Veteran QB who can challenge Henne and if you can not name one out of the ones out there it is because Henne is obviously not that bad....many of you Henne haters need to let up off of the guy and see how his 3rd Year as our full time starter under a new OC will pan out along with whoever is his competition.

You are a year to early to be talking Drafting a QB in the first.....I suggest you look at the projected first round QB for next year. It only makes sense to bring in a Veteran QB who can challenge Henne and if you can not name one out of the ones out there it is because Henne is obviously not that bad....many of you Henne haters need to let up off of the guy and see how his 3rd Year as our full time starter under a new OC will pan out along with whoever is his competition.

i can throw that argument right back and say just look at the OL prospects for next year's draft. if you're sold on a QB, there's no use in waiting. i know you aren't, but our FO actually might be.

. I don't understand who you figure we'd get as a vet? VY is hardly the answer. Palmer is old and too high priced. Kolb is inproven and would require a price tag we're not willing to give up.

i can throw that argument right back and say just look at the OL prospects for next year's draft. if you're sold on a QB, there's no use in waiting. i know you aren't, but our FO actually might be.

I agree the front office might be. I think it would be foolish for them to be when Henne is the guy they’ve invested two years into I just think THIS is the last shot for him it also might be the year he steps up. Everybody is disappointed in last year but if you HONESTLY look at last year objectively it’s no way ANYBODY can blame the offensive problems solely on Henne. He does have flaws that it just seems to me that they can correct them, in fact just getting rid of Dan Henning in my opinion solves half the problem. I am willing to see how he responds this year with the new OC.

I along with what I have read from Tony and Jeff see Henne as a guy who deservers a shot at starting this year. But he lost the shot of out right being named the starter. So we all know he will have competition. It’s just who that will be. I am on the side of saying let’s bring in somebody who can come in right away and challenge Henne and I do not think a Rookie QB can do that under normal circumstances and with this labor crap going on it will only further make it hard for a Rookie to compete with Henne this year. So why waste a pick this year especially on a HUGE QUESTION MARK like Mallett, when there are so many holes on offense to plug.....?

It defies logic to me to take that chance on a rookie. But a Veteran QB who is familiar with the system they intend to run is a better option to come in day one and compete…. WHO that is is for Miami's management to figure out. I do not see anybody better so in my mind Henne is our BEST OPTION THIS YEAR. So that is why my post #361 sums up my feelings on the matter

Holy crap. This thread is still going? It's like a train wreck that just won't stop...

So what veteran QB are you going to sign that Miami can win right now with? Vince Young?

There aren't any good veteran quarterbacks available. If they were good, they would not be available.

Agreed, A little of topic, KB weren't you in southeast Kentucky studying PreMed, I was wondering which hospital(s) you were/are doing your rotations at?
Good to see you back on the board.

The originator of this thread has some very non mainstream views. His opinions are fine. I am choosing to read elsewhere.

I was convinced this morning this thread would hit 50 pages by the end of the day.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescripti...s-of-his-drug-use-during-Combine/Default.aspx

Source: Mallett told NFL teams of his drug use during Combine

Apr184/18/2011 1:47:33 PM | More

According to Nolan Nawrocki of Pro Football Weekly, Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett admitted to NFL teams at the Scouting Combine that he had at least experimented with recreational drugs during his college years. One GM noted that "Mallett was the first quarterback ever to admit his drug usage to him in interviews, and his willingness to be honest about his past and acknowledge issues is viewed as a positive.

Concerns about Mallett's drug use could adversely affect his draft position. Although he never tested positive for drugs either at Arkansas or at the Combine, he has been arrested for public intoxication and had the reputation in college as "a big party guy". One league executive said he would not take Mallett "at any point" during the draft but other teams are enamored of his big arm and believe he has matured. Mallett is still expected to be drafted in the second round but a team in love with his arm could sneak him into the first.

Now that Mallett has admitted he's a "Crack Head" maybe you guys can start to look at another option for Miami in the first.

He is officially OFF our board I can almost guarantee that......

Back
Top Bottom