Drafting R.Brown was a waste. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting R.Brown was a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PhinDude88 said:
Dude if you dont like it then go join another team. I am sure nobody will miss ya if ya do.

:shakeno:
This is why there a forum to voice our opinions.I don't have to agree with everything Nick Saban does.

minus said:
L.Gordon is a very talanted back.

if you were wondering why the fins drafted Brown. its because L. Gordon is NOT a very talented back.

minus said:
QB wasn't a bigger need? Please....

Saban show me he is not any brighter than Dave when it come to drafting.

Could you please point out where I said QB was not a bigger need?

What I said was that if I could chose between Ronnie Brown and Aaron Rodgers (presumably the best QB available), I'd stick with Brown, and if it becomes necessary, draft a QB next year, because it looks like a better class.

minus said:
L.Gordon has the talent to be a feature back and you also have Sammy Morris who did fairly good job behind a terrible line.Running wasn't the biggest need.I know Saban excuse was that he drafted best player available but he wasn't even best player available.

Who was better? Braylon? :lol: Mr. Wad ball Benson? :lol: Caddy I feel was the closest overall to Brown.

minus said:
L.Gordon has the talent to be a feature back and you also have Sammy Morris who did fairly good job behind a terrible line.Running wasn't the biggest need.I know Saban excuse was that he drafted best player available but he wasn't even best player available.
thats your opinion. I think you're wrong about that. who do you think was the bpa at the 2 spot?

ch19079 said:
if you were wondering why the fins drafted Brown. its because L. Gordon is NOT a very talented back.

Obviously,

You don't have clue what you're talking about.

minus said:
:shakeno:
This is why there a forum to voice our opinions.I don't have to agree with everything Nick Saban does.

Yes you can voice your opinion. But it is sounding like you arent a fan at all of your comments. Quit complaining about it and just move on. Brown is a good player and he helps the running and PASSING game out.

ether79 said:
thats your opinion. I think you're wrong about that. who do you think was the bpa at the 2 spot?

IMO

Edwards

I think Aaron Roger will be a probowl QB.Just because team pass up on him doesn't mean jack.

I felt the same way before the draft, but then i realized who else would we have taken. Saban tried trading down probably to get a RB in the 2nd-3rd round, and picking up a defensive player in mid 1st etc...with the #2 pick we had to rick Ronnie.

I think Ronnie is a great HB, but will never be as good as ricky once was. Ricky had 52 rushing TDS, and over 4000 yards his senior/junior year at texas. Before he came into the NFL he was the best RB i have ever seen. I think Ronnie/Ricky in the backfield will be unstoppable.

This has nothing to do with Gordon doing well in TC because I expected him to do so.

I started a thread on L.Gordon pre-draft to inform other why I think RB is not a need.

minus said:
I was preaching the samething before the draft and I'll say it agian:

Drafting a rb with #2 pick and paying him #2 money was a waste.

I know Ronnie Brown has a huge fan club to back him up but the truth is that it was a waste of a pick.There was absolutely no need to draft a runningback with #2 pick.

Now we have a crowded backfield at RB with weirdo coming back and no real QB prospect.
Gordon is ridiculously injury prone

You pay #2 money for #2 quality regardless of position

Whatever opinions people have on Feely there was certainly no can't miss qb prospect and drafting a wide receiver in the top 5 has been proven over time to be the definition of stupidity

While i still feel benson was the better prospect and was far more polished, Brown has awesome potential and was IMO an excellent pick

pwn3dyo said:
I felt the same way before the draft, but then i realized who else would we have taken. Saban tried trading down probably to get a RB in the 2nd-3rd round, and picking up a defensive player in mid 1st etc...with the #2 pick we had to rick Ronnie.

I think Ronnie is a great HB, but will never be as good as ricky once was. Ricky had 52 rushing TDS, and over 4000 yards his senior/junior year at texas. Before he came into the NFL he was the best RB i have ever seen. I think Ronnie/Ricky in the backfield will be unstoppable.

I'm sorry but Ricky had ONE great season and the rest were average in the NFL. Ronnie could be better, heck he should be better.

minus said:
IMO

Edwards

I think Aaron Roger will be a probowl QB.Just because team pass up on him doesn't mean jack.
Well IMO you're wrong about Edwards over Brown. You're right about a team passing up on a player and he turns out to be great that has obviously happened a 1,000 times before. That doesn't mean you reach for a player way ahead of where he should be drafted. I personally feel he won't be that great, I could be wrong about that though. Saban obviously felt he wasn't a major upgrade over what we had or he would've at least took 1 QB during the draft.

I forgot to mention how Saban is making it worst by bringing back weirdo to the mix.

minus said:
I was preaching the samething before the draft and I'll say it agian:

Drafting a rb with #2 pick and paying him #2 money was a waste.

I know Ronnie Brown has a huge fan club to back him up but the truth is that it was a waste of a pick.There was absolutely no need to draft a runningback with #2 pick.

Now we have a crowded backfield at RB with weirdo coming back and no real QB prospect.

Drafting Ronnie was a waste?

clear.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom