Drafting R.Brown was a waste. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting R.Brown was a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
minus said:
I was preaching the samething before the draft and I'll say it agian:

L.Gordon is a very talanted back.

Drafting a rb with #2 pick and paying him #2 money was a waste.

I know Ronnie Brown has a huge fan club to back him up but the truth is that it was a waste of a pick.There was absolutely no need to draft a runningback with #2 pick.

Now we have a crowded backfield at RB with weirdo coming back and no real QB prospect.
So....have you sent the Dolphins your resume'?

I'm glad Saban doesn't feel the same way as you do. I'm also glad that your opinion is just that. It means nothing at all.

Dude, are you saying this just because the reports from mini-camp are saying that Gordon looked real good? If so, you better reconsider. Gordon got his shoulder dislocated by a guy Ricky or Ronnie would've run over EASILY on the play. I'm not real sure how durable Gordon is, and it's always good to have a few good RBs on the roster. These days in the NFL you probably need THREE good RBs.

Absolutely ridiculous. Gordon has never proven anything in this league except that he can get hurt. Even if he can remain healthy, its foolish to consider our backfield "crowded". Morris? Kay-Jay? Ricky? Minor? Do you really consider that a backfield you can depend on?

yankeehillbilly said:
Absolutely ridiculous. Gordon has never proven anything in this league except that he can get hurt. Even if he can remain healthy, its foolish to consider our backfield "crowded". Morris? Kay-Jay? Ricky? Minor? Do you really consider that a backfield you can depend on?

Yes

Minus, we respect your opinion, but come on man, you cant be that serious about this can you? Unless....nah cant be..

minus said:

I know Ronnie Brown has a huge fan club to back him up but the truth is that it was a waste of a pick.There was absolutely no need to draft a runningback with #2 pick.

Now we have a crowded backfield at RB with weirdo coming back and no real QB prospect.

I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO READ ANYONE'S REBUTTLE TO WHAT YOU SAID BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO BE INFLUENCED ON WHAT I THINK.........

FIRST:

IT IS JUST MINI CAMP AND IT IS TOO EARLY TO MAKE ANY SOUND OPINIONS
AS WHO IS WHERE ON THE DEPTH CHARTS..ESPECIALLY ROOKIES. I ASSUME THAT GORDON COULD BE VERY TALENTED, BUT HAS YET TO PROVE WE SHOULD OF AVOIDED PICKING UP A RB AT NUMBER 2 IN THE DRAFT. IF HE IS GOOD THEN GREAT....WHAT A WONDERFRUL PROBLEM TO HAVE.....SOMEONE IS TRADE BAIT.

SECOND:

ARE YOU COUNTING ON RICKY.......DON'T.....AND IF HE RETURNS AND PLAYS WELL.....DO YOU COUNT ON HIM NEXT YEAR......DON'T

THIRD: ARE YOU RICK SPEILMAN?

phinphan11 said:

Then you are depending on a proven quitter, an undrafted free agent, and 2 very average backs (3 counting Gordon).
Morris is a good Sp teamer, and a versatile backup since he can play both tailback and fullback, but not a featured running back, Minor is a good change of pace/3rd down back, but again not exactly the guy you want carrying the load, Gordon may or may not be capable, but he is hurt an awful lot, Any given day Ricky may decide to go chase kangaroos again, and Kay-Jay will be lucky to make the team.

Dude,
you have got to be kidding! Brown was drafted because he was the best player available and we couldn't get value in a trade out. Drafting Rogers or any other QB would have been a disaster. We would then have no RB and no QB.
If Gordon was so great then how come know one claims he can be? Everyone sais pretty good but injury prone. Flat out poor post!

Ok lets go throught the facts.

We tried to trade down, no one wanted to.

There were no marquee players available except WR.

If we took a WR, you'd be sitting here complaining that our WR pick was a waste.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

GRT8 said:
BUT HAS YET TO PROVE WE SHOULD OF AVOIDED PICKING UP A RB AT NUMBER 2 IN THE DRAFT. IF HE IS GOOD THEN GREAT....WHAT A WONDERFRUL PROBLEM TO HAVE.....SOMEONE IS TRADE BAIT.

Yeah, cause the running back, or any other trade market is that lucrative these days.

The only back you could get a pick higher than 5 for is Ronnie Brown, and he ain't going anywhere.

Nobody is trading for Ricky.

Losman7 said:
Yeah, cause the running back, or any other trade market is that lucrative these days.

The only back you could get a pick higher than 5 for is Ronnie Brown, and he ain't going anywhere.

Nobody is trading for Ricky.

hey a 3rd rounder is valuable....which you could get for henry, but donahue knows you don't have any insurance and will not let him go.

gordon is inexpensive and so is sammy.......depth is very good though.

we'll see if you feel the same way when they jam the "rock" down your a@*!

minus said:

I'm kind of curious though. Who would you have picked?

minus said:

1. I cant believe that you are possibly making an opinon based on MC.

2. I cant belive that we are still discussing the draft from 2 months ago.

3. The off season sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom