Drafting R.Brown was a waste. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting R.Brown was a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
minus said:
Honestly,

Aaron Rogers or trade down which would have resulted in Aaron Rogers anyways.

Dude, Aaron Rodgers is no good. He was very hyped up in a great college offense. His mechanics don't translate to the NFL. He's never had to make an NFL type read in his life. That is very crucial on the field. If it was all about arm and accuracy, A.J. would have been a pro-bowler already.

I would have been absolutely sick to my stomach if we would have taken Aaron Rodgers on Draft Day. I would have rathered taken Jason Campbell. He is more NFL ready.

cuban_refugee said:
I couldn't agree more! There were no quality QBs at the top IMO and we weren't sure about R. Williams. Ronnie Brown was the best pick at # 2.

Sorry,

Taking Brown was not smart at all.There far more value in the 2nd round for RB considering our QB position.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Dude, Aaron Rodgers is no good. He was very hyped up in a great college offense. His mechanics don't translate to the NFL. He's never had to make an NFL type read in his life. That is very crucial on the field. If it was all about arm and accuracy, A.J. would have been a pro-bowler already.

I would have been absolutely sick to my stomach if we would have taken Aaron Rodgers on Draft Day. I would have rathered taken Jason Campbell. He is more NFL ready.

Arm and Accuracy?

A.J is not accurate and his mechanics are wack....

Aaron Rogers dropping doesn't mean anything.Most of you guys think Saban did right thing just because Rogers dropped to Green Bay.

minus said:
Gordon and Morris.

Gordon is a big back and quicker than Brown.

QB position was once again ignored.
Well I wouldn't have minded drafting a QB in the later rounds(my pref. was Orton)but we couldn't get enough value in a trade down and Gordon hasn't proven anything so Saban went with who he thought was the best available. As to you reference about RB value historically you just have to hope he'l turn out to be another LT, and if in hindsight you could have LT with the #2 overall pick and RB was a big need on your team you wouldn't draft him?

minus said:
Gordon and Morris.

Gordon is a big back and quicker than Brown.

QB position was once again ignored.

Just because you are a big back doesnt mean you are good.

minus said:
Sorry,

Taking Brown was not smart at all.There far more value in the 2nd round for RB considering our QB position.

Rodgers is pretty horrible value at 2. In Ronnie we have a solid player that fits perfectly into our offense for many years to come.

I think sticking to Feeley and Frerotte is a good choice for the following reasons:

1. Like I said, I think Rodgers, or any other QB was horrible value at 2.
2. It gives us a chance to test Feeley, instead of just throwing at 2nd round pick away, never knowing what it could have gotten us.
3. The choice of QBs is better next year.

minus said:
I was preaching the samething before the draft and I'll say it agian:

L.Gordon is a very talanted back.

Drafting a rb with #2 pick and paying him #2 money was a waste.

I know Ronnie Brown has a huge fan club to back him up but the truth is that it was a waste of a pick.There was absolutely no need to draft a runningback with #2 pick.

Now we have a crowded backfield at RB with weirdo coming back and no real QB prospect.
Another expert! we know you know it all,and as far as Ricky!get over it!

i dont think we should have taken anyone at #2. i think we should have traded down even if it meant taking less than the typical value of that pick.

minus said:
Sorry,

Complain, complain, complain....that is all you are doing.

minus said:
Sorry,

No because other than Smith there was no QB worth taking at #2 overall. Saban gets paid to make the hard choices and you think if he thought Rodgers would be the next Marino or anything close he wouldn't have taken him? Come on.

PhinDude88 said:
Just because you are a big back doesnt mean you are good.

This guy is good.

I've seen him play for Rams and seen highlights from North Dakota state.

minus said:
This guy is good.

I've seen him play for Rams and seen highlights from North Dakota state.
Ive seen some of him too and he has shown as many flashes of being good as AJ has so your reasoning is off IMO

All I have to say is this:

You will see how good Gordon is in the preseason and come regular season and will realize how crappy QB situation is.

minus said:
Arm and Accuracy?

A.J is not accurate and his mechanics are wack....

Aaron Rogers dropping doesn't mean anything.Most of you guys think Saban did right thing just because Rogers dropped to Green Bay.

I'm not going by where he slid to in the draft, I'm going by my studying of his film and mechanics :shakeno:

I think this whole thread is stupid. Ronnie Brown was not a waste of a draft pick. We had no idea ricky was coming back till after Brown got drafted. And gordon and morris cant even touch the duo of ricky and ronnie....Every team can use a good RB. especially since ours deserted us almost 1 year ago.

So in my opinion, drafting Ronnie was not a waste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom