Drafting R.Brown was a waste. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting R.Brown was a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DolphinDevil28 said:
I'm not going by where he slid to in the draft, I'm going by my studying of his film and mechanics :shakeno:

Funny thing is:

All scout rave about his mechanics.

minus said:
All I have to say is this:

You will see how good Gordon is in the preseason and come regular season and will realize how crappy QB situation is.

Are you done now?

Minus, wrote, in part,
I was preaching the samething before the draft and I'll say it agian:

L.Gordon is a very talanted back.

Drafting a rb with #2 pick and paying him #2 money was a waste.

Being a great watcher of SEC teams and coaches, I very much disagree with you and I am sure that Saban knows a lot more about Brown than any of us do. One thing I will say for Brown is that he has a grand work ethic. I read where one of the articles here said that one mini-camp was phys. ed. class. One of the things Saban is known for is making sure his players are physically ready to play and less apt to get injured because of their strength training. I don't think we will see big results on this until his third year or so, but it is one his own strengths as a coach. Getting back to Brown...he will work for Saban. He will be a successful RB for the Fins. I just wanted to get that off my chest!

People take player performance durring minicamp waaaaay too seriously. News flash, Lamar Gordon, solid backup. Nothing more, nothing less. Brown has all the skills to be a top five back in the league, the kind that can take over a game. Lamar Gordon is hard to take over a game of Madden

minus said:
L.Gordon has the talent to be a feature back and you also have Sammy Morris who did fairly good job behind a terrible line.Running wasn't the biggest need.I know Saban excuse was that he drafted best player available but he wasn't even best player available.
Wow I hope you come back here with this talk ready to eat crow if Brown run for 1000 yards and Our QBs do a fine job under Linahan's new offense. :shakeno: . Have some faith in your own team jez we havent even started real practice

GMP-AGAIN said:
Minus, wrote, in part,

Being a great watcher of SEC teams and coaches, I very much disagree with you and I am sure that Saban knows a lot more about Brown than any of us do. One thing I will say for Brown is that he has a grand work ethic. I read where one of the articles here said that one mini-camp was phys. ed. class. One of the things Saban is known for is making sure his players are physically ready to play and less apt to get injured because of their strength training. I don't think we will see big results on this until his third year or so, but it is one his own strengths as a coach. Getting back to Brown...he will work for Saban. He will be a successful RB for the Fins. I just wanted to get that off my chest!

I'm not questioning wether Brown is good or not.I'm just saying he is a waste of pick because QB was alot more important and higher on the list.

you know nothing man. bad post. you are misimformed, you need to be a jets fan ...ronnie is a franchise back. b lee dat.

PassRush said:
People take player performance durring minicamp waaaaay too seriously. News flash, Lamar Gordon, solid backup. Nothing more, nothing less. Brown has all the skills to be a top five back in the league, the kind that can take over a game. Lamar Gordon is hard to take over a game of Madden

News Flash

I posted about drafting a RB will be mistake pre-draft and why I thought Lamar was a feature back in this league.

minus said:
Funny thing is:

All scout rave about his mechanics.

Umm, Noooooo.

He's TOO mechanical. Like a robot. That is not good.

...and like I said he has never had to make an NFL decision as far as reading defenses. His offensive system took care of everything.

Watch Jason Campbell. He'll be way better than Rodgers.

Brown was obviously the BPA at #2. If you think otherwise then you've never seen him play.

minus said:
News Flash

I posted about drafting a RB will be mistake pre-draft and why I thought Lamar was a feature back in this league.
3rd time i've asked but here we go again. I looked for that specific post in your history and couldn't find it can you? Because that post is what you've predicated this whole silly thread about. Thank you in advance

byroan said:
Brown was obviously the BPA at #2. If you think otherwise then you've never seen him play.

I've seen him play and Benson was best RB available.Most of you can't comprehend that I'm not bashing Brown the player but decesion to draft a RB at # 2.

minus said:
I've seen him play and Benson was best RB available.Most of you can't comprehend that I'm not bashing Brown the player but decesion to draft a RB at # 2.

Benson wasn't the best RB available. Maybe in your own opinion. But Brown was the BPA on MANY people's boards. Including Saban's.

Minus you can be right and im glad your sticking to your opinion but if we did draft Rodgers, his rookie season I dont think would be great for a QB and our runningbacks would still be looking decent with Gordon as are starter. Now since we drafted Ronnie were solid in the backfield and we will have at least one reliable game plan rather then last year in which our offense was just horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom