Drafting R.Brown was a waste. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting R.Brown was a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ether79 said:
3rd time i've asked but here we go again. I looked for that specific post in your history and couldn't find it can you? Because that post is what you've predicated this whole silly thread about. Thank you in advance

minus said:
02-22-2005, 06:14 PM-Drafting a RB with #2 pick will be a waste.Runningbacks are a dime a dozen.Gordon is more of a sure thing than Feeley as far as upside.A mid round RB to backup Gordon or bringing in someone like Chester Taylor to push Gordon is better idea than spending a 2nd overall pcik on a back.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=980873#post980873

Benson wasn't the best RB available

I agree with him. I do believe benson was the best RB available. and the reason saban picked Brown over Benson was because Brown played in the SEC. where saban coached. and he knew him a little better. You get a coach from PA. or some other state out of the SEC. He would have selected Benson...

But thats just my opinion

WestVirginiaFan said:
I agree with him. I do believe benson was the best RB available. and the reason saban picked Brown over Benson was because Brown played in the SEC. where saban coached. and he knew him a little better. You get a coach from PA. or some other state out of the SEC. He would have selected Benson...

I don't think that's the reason we drafted Brown.

minus said:
I was preaching the samething before the draft and I'll say it agian:

L.Gordon is a very talanted back.

Drafting a rb with #2 pick and paying him #2 money was a waste.

I know Ronnie Brown has a huge fan club to back him up but the truth is that it was a waste of a pick.There was absolutely no need to draft a runningback with #2 pick.

Now we have a crowded backfield at RB with weirdo coming back and no real QB prospect.

I suppose we should have taken B. Edwards...oh, no...that would have been a waste too, we have Boston....let's see, Rodgers...yeah, pick him about 20 spots higher than he should have gone...no, let's see...pick Merriman or Johnson...well we do have ZT, DS, JS, EM, DP, CC..no, don't need a LB...how about a DT...yea, pick one of the Cody's 5 or 6 spots ahead of where they should have gone...of course we didn't know that Timbo wouldn't be back and Chester may not be back...

I don't see that Brown was a wasted pick...last year we sure could have used him...with Wacko gone....Gordon hurt, Minor hurt on and off and ineffective when he was in the lineup and finally Morris who did better as the year went on, but was in and out of the lineup...

I guess there is no pleasing some people...Brown was a good choice...perhaps the best choice we could have made...under the circumstances...the best talent available at pick #2....

Here some stuff on Lamar:

minus said:
01-19-2005-Where Lamar Gordon option?

The guy who is 6'1 228 pounds and He's run the 100m in :10.6 ; the 200m in :21.5.

Give him a decent Oline and Gordon can easily rush for over 1300 yards.

minus said:
01-19-2005, 08:08 PM-Good article on Gordon(Pre-draft).
http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives2001/draft_2001/prospects_gordon_022502.asp

Gordon ran a 4.35 40-yard dash in Mobile for those who don't know.

WestVirginiaFan said:

Well I've said this before and I'll say it again...Brown was the BEST prospect for OUR offense available. Benson did not fit into this offense..it would have been a waste of the guy's talent or Linehan would have had to re-structure his offense to fit Benson in...Benson, I'm sure will be a very good back and had Norv still been here, he would have been the perfect back for that offense..but in Linehan's offense, it would not have made sense to draft Benson...But my opinion is that Brown was the best talent available in a need position at the time of the draft for the Miami Dolphins...

minus said:
Arm and Accuracy?

A.J is not accurate and his mechanics are wack....

Aaron Rogers dropping doesn't mean anything.Most of you guys think Saban did right thing just because Rogers dropped to Green Bay.

it does mean miami would of spent a #2 pick for a guy who was worth the #23 pick (memory might be fuzzy). That means a lot.

Unless you believe that Ronnie Brown would of fell to the #23 pick in the draft.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
it does mean miami would of spent a #2 pick for a guy who was worth the #23 pick (memory might be fuzzy). That means a lot.

Unless you believe that Ronnie Brown would of fell to the #23 pick in the draft.

The guy falling to #23 spot doesn't mean anything.THis has nothing to do with Brown not being a good player or not.

minus said:
The guy falling to #23 spot doesn't mean anything.THis has nothing to do with Brown not being a good player or not.

Sure it does. Means that none of the teams inbetween thought he was good enough to spend a 1st round pick on. And that includes some teams that are in pretty bad need of a QB.

touborg said:
Sure it does. Means that none of the teams inbetween thought he was good enough to spend a 1st round pick on. And that includes some teams that are in pretty bad need of a QB.

Does it translate to player success? No........

touborg said:
It's a pretty good indication though. Sorry, but Rodgers doesn't have my confidence.

I guess the same could have been said about Porter and Foster.I guess Tom Brady being drafted in the late round explains why he is such a bad player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom