Drafting R.Brown was a waste. | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting R.Brown was a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodgers won't be a good QB and that is why everyone passed on him. Brown was the best pick at the time and still is because we can't depend on Ricky. Edwards the other option doesn't make sense because we were stacked at wideout then and even more right now.

Doktor Ivel said:
H2 was the best pick available.
Roth was the next best pick for us

this was the best draft we've had in years, i just think we should have drafted a QB 4th rd.

And yet you made a thread of suggesting us trade Brown for a QB. :eek: :shakeno:

Doktor Ivel said:
H2 was the best pick available.
Roth was the next best pick for us

this was the best draft we've had in years, i just think we should have drafted a QB 4th rd.

You say this then start a thread saying we should trade Ronnie Brown, does one side of your brain not communicate with the other side or something because Im confused :confused:

DonShula84 said:
You say this then start a thread saying we should trade Ronnie Brown, does one side of your brain not communicate with the other side or something because Im confused :confused:
tda0043l-1.jpg

Quick note so I don't get in trouble. The above cartoon is not directed to anyone specific.

to sum up the start of this thread with a memorabe quote by Bob Dylan..."Clowns to the left of me...Jokers to my right..."

yeah minus is right....i think we would've been better off drafting roscoe parrish with the second pick:shakeno:

minus said:
I was preaching the samething before the draft and I'll say it agian:

L.Gordon is a very talanted back.

Drafting a rb with #2 pick and paying him #2 money was a waste.

I know Ronnie Brown has a huge fan club to back him up but the truth is that it was a waste of a pick.There was absolutely no need to draft a runningback with #2 pick.

Now we have a crowded backfield at RB with weirdo coming back and no real QB prospect.

Lamar Gordon, although talented, has NEVER proved he can shoulder the load at any point in his career. He had one chance last season and didn't last 2 full games. Sammie Morris, although less talented, was more durable and more effective running the football than Gordon was. Putting all of the teams stock on Ricky, who's future was still somewhat uncertain at draft time, and Gordon would have been a huge roll of the dice. A crowded backfield is not the worst probalem we could have.

minus said:

I know Ronnie Brown has a huge fan club to back him up but the truth is that it was a waste of a pick.There was absolutely no need to draft a runningback with #2 pick.

Now we have a crowded backfield at RB with weirdo coming back and no real QB prospect.

Of course, this threads comes to us courtesy of the biggest Feidler hugger of them all. :rofl3:
So after a month and half you have determined that Ronnie Brown is a waste. BUT, after 4 years you were still willing to give Feidler another kick at the can. :shakeno: Classic.

pigskinguy said:
Of course, this threads comes to us courtesy of the biggest Feidler hugger of them all. :rofl3:
So after a month and half you have determined that Ronnie Brown is a waste. BUT, after 4 years you were still willing to give Feidler another kick at the can. :shakeno: Classic.

Get over it.

You still haven't gotten over Fiedler.

Im sorry but Id rather not watch a replay of our 2004 season on offense, which is what we wouldve done if we had not drafted ronnie, we had no idea (or still have no idea) if ricky will or can play and i like AJ and ronnie in the back field more then AJ and lamar, aaron rodgers is another Akili Smith waiting to happen, truth is even Alex Smith isnt that great of a QB prospect, he was the best this year, but if u combine last years and next years classes he is not even in the top 5...

1. Big Ben
2. Philip Rivers
3. Eli Manning
4. Matt Leinhart
5. Ryan Leaf, cant think of others off top of my head...
6. Alex Smith...

Ok so its a stretch but I would rather have those 4 guys ahead of Alex Smith, and id rather have jason campbell instead of rodgers....

this is new coaches, new system, new year, give AJ (or Gus :() a shot before u condemn Saban to the U of Pitt for picking the BPA and a franchise back after ricky goes up in smoke again...

minus said:

Were did you get your crack from today?

minus said:

He's valuable because he adds many dimensions to the offense with his hands, blocking, speed and yes good ol' running. Trade the others once we are sure he's the one. Keep the best other option as a backup.

WAIT, did he actually say gordon is quicker than Brown? probably with better hands too, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom