Drafting R.Brown was a waste. | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting R.Brown was a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roman529 said:
The RB haters wear Jets or Bills t-shirts to bed......leave this site and turn in your Phins card. :lol:
Wait a second, we got Phins cards? Man, I must have been in the bathroom when they handed those out. :(

minus said:
I was preaching the samething before the draft and I'll say it agian:

L.Gordon is a very talanted back.

Drafting a rb with #2 pick and paying him #2 money was a waste.

I know Ronnie Brown has a huge fan club to back him up but the truth is that it was a waste of a pick.There was absolutely no need to draft a runningback with #2 pick.

Now we have a crowded backfield at RB with weirdo coming back and no real QB prospect.

minus how can u say that

Nublar7 said:
tda0043l-1.jpg

Quick note so I don't get in trouble. The above cartoon is not directed to anyone specific.

:rofl3::lol::D:roflmao::lolcry::rofl4:

minus said:
QB wasn't a bigger need? Please....

Saban show me he is not any brighter than Dave when it come to drafting.

thats a ridiculous statement

minus said:

I know Ronnie Brown has a huge fan club to back him up but the truth is that it was a waste of a pick.There was absolutely no need to draft a runningback with #2 pick.

Now we have a crowded backfield at RB with weirdo coming back and no real QB prospect.

The truth is you would have bitched if we didn't pick a rb If we picked a qb with the 2nd pick you would have cryed were stuck with Rogers and AJ was out playing him at qb. Can't win! Just give Ronnie a year or two to pan out just like it would have taken for a qb to pan out. Chill dude!

minus said:
I forgot to mention how Saban is making it worst by bringing back weirdo to the mix.
I know you have a lot of posts and all, but this seems like a post that a Dolphins hater would post, also work on the grammer, like you are the worst Dolphins fan in the world, or You are making yourself sound worse by using incorrect English.:rolleyes:

minus said:

Well you say that now, and sometimes I have thought that it might have been real cool RIGHT NOW to have Edwards. BUT, RIGHT NOW we have depth. It could go either way, but the reason we have the depth is because Gordon has never proven to be healthy, and Ricky has never proven to be reliable. I believe that Saban thought Brown was the best player available as well. There was no QB prospect worth taking there either. I think come November you will be happy to have Brown with Gordon having a hammy pull and Ricky smoking behind the bleachers

Well, at least you have been consistent!

minus said:

At least you have consistently had this position. Some of the other post on here have me scratching my head. Shifts of opinion everywhere; thankfully these guys don't have to make any of the decisions about this team.

Lee2000

minus said:

I think we are all dumber for having read this post.

That's like saying Braylon Edwards was a wasted pick because they have Antonio Bryant and Andre Davis :rolleyes: Seriously, do you not get that Lamar Gordon is an average, at best, NFL running back? Do you not see that Ronnie Brown has the potential to be a franchise NFL running back? We're talking about the potential difference betweem Deuce Staley and Ladanian Tomlinson.

He was the best player available, their was a need, and their was no QB or offensive lineman worth taking there, instead. You take the best player available. The last time we drafted for need, we gave up a fourth rounder to move up one spot and got a guy who wasn't ready to contribute!

Please...listen next time you come to a stop sign, roll down the window and throw that CRACK PIPE as far as you can.:evil: :eek: :eek: :eek:

One thing I hate is that everyone including the media is treating williams like if he's the 2nd coming of Christ!! Gees, the guy scewed our team last year and everyone is kissing his @ss. He still owes the team and fans an apology.
I for one used to be one of his biggest supporters, its going to take me a little while to fully accept him back, but at the same time I'm glad he is back.

minus said:

There was no guarentee Ricky Williams was coming back and even if he does, there's no guarentee he's going to stay or for how long. Lamar Gordon is unproven and injury prone thus far in his career and he's also in the last year of his contract so who knows if would even stay here in Miami or go else where. Sammy Morris performed the best he possibly could last year behind our terrible O-line and I give credit to him for that, he was our best RB last year (if that says much) but not our starting RB of the future by far, he may not even be our RB as we're most likely moving him to possibly backup FB. Travis Minor is a good special teams player and I wouldn't call him anything better than a backup RB, I don't think he's the future RB of this team. Kay Jay Harris, he didn't get drafted and he's a 26 year old rookie, I think he's going to be a GREAT backup for us if he makes the team and give us great depth. But you must realize 26 years as rookie isn't young for RB since it's consider many RB's are over the hill after 30. Ronnie Brown is young, versatile, and extremely talented. If you're calling Ronnie Brown a "waste" maybe by your reasoning he'd just be a waste this year (which I might add will be his rookie year and a better time than ever for him to learn). Because after next year Ricky could be gone, Gordon could be gone (final year of his contract), and Travis Minor might not even make it past preseason THIS SEASON. It seems like you have a win now mentality while Saban is looking at the future, Ronnie Brown is going to be our RB for the future now doubt about it. The funny thing is... our future might come as early as this season and may last 8-10+ years. Do I even have to mention how productive Ronnie Brown and a healthy Ricky Williams can be for us? :rolleyes:

minus said:

By your hint at no real QB prospect, Ill assume you would have wanted to draft Rodgers? A guy who almost slipped out of the first round, and pay him #2 money then?

L Gordon is injured. RW might be coming back but isnt in playing shape.
The only argument I will hear is we should have drafted Edwards at #2, he is the only other player I could see us drafting. However, since we signed Boston, as long as Boston comes back we really dont have a WR problem.

Brown, RW, and Gordon will make a great RB corps. This allows us NOT to overwork any RB. Alex Smith was the only worthy #2 pick at QB... and we couldnt get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom