Drafting R.Brown was a waste. | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting R.Brown was a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doktor Ivel said:
H2 was the best pick available.
Roth was the next best pick for us

this was the best draft we've had in years, i just think we should have drafted a QB 4th rd.

I agree however you may not say\wish that if Daniel's lives up to the hipe. Lets hope so

minus said:
I was preaching the samething before the draft and I'll say it agian:

L.Gordon is a very talanted back.

Drafting a rb with #2 pick and paying him #2 money was a waste.

I know Ronnie Brown has a huge fan club to back him up but the truth is that it was a waste of a pick.There was absolutely no need to draft a runningback with #2 pick.

Now we have a crowded backfield at RB with weirdo coming back and no real QB prospect.

clear.gif

minus said:

I know Ronnie Brown has a huge fan club to back him up but the truth is that it was a waste of a pick.There was absolutely no need to draft a runningback with #2 pick.

Now we have a crowded backfield at RB with weirdo coming back and no real QB prospect.
I'll tell you whats a waste...This thread :shakeno:

no need tp draft a RB at #2?....lamar gordon was going to carry this team? please pass what you are smokin this way

DrAstroZoom said:
Good post.

Thanks man. Appreciate it.

Trekbiz said:
It's not about hanging someone for having a different opinion.
If the differing opinion shows some semblance of thought it's discussed.
To use a blanket statement saying there is absolutely no reason for us to have drafted a RB showed zero thought since there is an obvious need at RB now and for the future.

To discuss whether a QB or a RB would have been a better choice would have been subject for an intelligent discussion yet it just wasn't presented that way.

I agree with and respect what your trying to say here.. Believe me, I don't at all agree with Minus's point that Ronnie Brown was a wasted pick.. Far from it. However, it's his opinion, and as far fetched as it may sound to some of us, calling him "stupid", "idiot" and the other various slurs that were thrown his direction relegate us to Raider Fan status. I know Dolphin fans are better than that.

minus said:

So you think that a NO HITTING, NO PADS, three day, five practice mini camp has proven your theory?

Ronnie Brown knew he was practicing without a contract. Attending was a plus for him considering that he mearly signed a waiver to attend, and has no team insurance that, if injured, he will see anywhere near the 15 million dollar signing bonus he will get.

Come on man, if Gordon was THAT good, and that talented, the Rams would not have drafted someone to replace him, and surely would not have traded him with Faulk aging fast....

minus said:

dug this out... Lamar might struggle to make the team.

Digging out old threads is nothing but a sly way to make personal attacks.

minus said:

Gordon has done squat and is the 4th back right now behind RW RB and Morris.

inFINSible said:
Digging out old threads is nothing but a sly way to make personal attacks.

Whatever, when people make outlandish statements it's GREAT to go back and say..."remember when you said this......what do you have to say now??"

It's one thing to tell someone they are wrong at the time....but it's just opinion vs. opinion at then......better to let the thing play out and then let them have to explain their stupidity when they are wrong. Although this may be a little early for that (might want to wait for when Gordon is cut).

The internet and message boards are such a protected society where people feel the right to say anything and everything behind their online alias with no consequence, the least that you should be able to do is point out the stupid cr@p that some people say. I'm sure that I've said some dumb stuff on here, and if it were so stupid and idiotic that it caused for someone to remeber it months later, then I would expect to get called out on it and I would own up to being an idiot.

burger13 said:
Whatever, when people make outlandish statements it's GREAT to go back and say..."remember when you said this......what do you have to say now??"

It's one thing to tell someone they are wrong at the time....but it's just opinion vs. opinion at then......better to let the thing play out and then let them have to explain their stupidity when they are wrong. Although this may be a little early for that (might want to wait for when Gordon is cut).

The internet and message boards are such a protected society where people feel the right to say anything and everything behind their online alias with no consequence, the least that you should be able to do is point out the stupid cr@p that some people say. I'm sure that I've said some dumb stuff on here, and if it were so stupid and idiotic that it caused for someone to remeber it months later, then I would expect to get called out on it and I would own up to being an idiot.
i wasnt trying to attack the guy... i was merely making the point that less than two months ago it was stated by someone (could have been anyone) that we shouldn't have drafted Ronnie because we have Lamar Gordon... two months on a Lamar Gordon may struggle to make the team and if he does, he'll have very little impact.

unifiedtheory said:
You stand on the rooftops screaming that Ronnie was'nt a good pick at #2 but you would have been happy REACHING for Arron Rodgers?

There is a reason we passed on Rodgers...he's a stiff and would have been a reach at #2.

I trust Saban and our scouting department a hell of a lot more then your narrow minded "Lamar Gordon is a superstar waiting to happen/Sammy Morris is a good option".

In case you missed it...WE WERE THE WORST RUNNING TEAM IN THE NFL LAST YEAR! When you are the worst running teasm in football and running back is good value at #2 you draft a running back.

But the thing is, a combination of Jim Brown and Barry Sanders would still suck with our
O-line.

minus said:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Made no sense to draft him and pay him to get hammered behind our
"offensive" line. Nobody can suceed when you have to break three tackles to get back to the line of scrimmage.

minus said:

Minus is a good name for you. You are minus something. I don't think anyone can say that Gordon is a very talented back. And I don't think any dolphin fan would want to see us rely on Ricky long-term. He is an enigma. If there was a QB prospect at that spot you can bet we would have drafted him. It was Brown or Edwards, and I will take Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom