Drafting R.Brown was a waste. | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting R.Brown was a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is getting a versatile running back a waste?? Half of the backs we already have are injury prone, so what good are they. I think Gordon has potential, but has to be on the field more than on the bench!! Once again, can we at least wait until the season starts before we rip to shreds the draft picks!!:fire:

minus said:
Obviously,

You don't have clue what you're talking about.
you are obviously so blinded by your love of the fins, that you can't see L. Gordon is not a starting RB.

he may be a good RB, but definatly does not have the tallent needed to be the full time starter.

Lamar Gordon is soooooooootalented that the Rams decided to trade hime to us for a third rounder so they could draft RB Stephen Jackson. That should tell yu something about the talent of Lamar Gordon.

Drafting Ronnie wasn't a waste, but I don't think it was our best move, either. Our secondary is swiss cheese, our QB position is weak, and our OL is far from great. If we were drafting Brown based on need, then there were certainly other needs that could have been looked at first. Sammy Morris and Lamar Gordon could have been an effective (if not great) RB group. Unfortunately, San Fran ruined our chance at the only QB worth taking that high, but if we were drafting on need, what about Rolle? I am told some actually believed him the best player in the first round.

If we did the right thing and left Ricky to languish in India, then Ronnie Brown would look like a better move than it does now.

minus said:
I was preaching the samething before the draft and I'll say it agian:

L.Gordon is a very talanted back.

Drafting a rb with #2 pick and paying him #2 money was a waste.

I know Ronnie Brown has a huge fan club to back him up but the truth is that it was a waste of a pick.There was absolutely no need to draft a runningback with #2 pick.

Now we have a crowded backfield at RB with weirdo coming back and no real QB prospect.

i take it you're drunk

minus said:
I was preaching the samething before the draft and I'll say it agian:

L.Gordon is a very talanted back.

Drafting a rb with #2 pick and paying him #2 money was a waste.

I know Ronnie Brown has a huge fan club to back him up but the truth is that it was a waste of a pick.There was absolutely no need to draft a runningback with #2 pick.

Now we have a crowded backfield at RB with weirdo coming back and no real QB prospect.

Saban.... that fool!

God forbid he take the best player available, let alone one at a position where we have ZERO legitimate young stars.

"Weirdo coming back" as you say, guarantees nothing for our RB position.
Who knows how this will work out, and no one that uses his head would rely on "Weirdo" as their future. Bad point.

Crowded backfield..... :shakeno:
How do you get that?
Because we have a number of "bodies" there with little talent?
Do large numbers of mediocre RB's = being strong at that position? Again, bad point.

Saban drafted what most analysts agree was the best player available, at a position where we in fact did need help..... RB.
QB was a position of need as well but obviously the Phins didn't think any of them were a better investment than Brown.
You can argue whether a QB would have been a better choice but to say that "there was absolutely no need to draft a RB with the #2 pick" is a rediculous statement 10X over.

These posts..... :shakeno:

I cant believe that this thread is still going on.

Wow.. Talk about hanging a person for having an opinion that goes against the grain. Remind me if I ever find the urge to disagree with the consensus that I'm better off keeping my opinion under wraps will ya?

That being said, I can understand your thoughts here Minus. I've always thought Gordon has some tools to be a good HB in the NFL. Truthfully, I don't think we can make judgement on Gordon because we've never seen what he's capable of doing as a 16-week starter. That being said, he HAS had opportunities to show his potential over the last couple of seasons (with Marshall Faulk's health issues attacking him seemingly yearly). In his "try-out runs" he's shown potential, but he's also shown a knack for getting bit by the injury bug.

That being said, would you want to be known as the team that passed on the next LaDanian Tomlinson? Or, do you want to once again re-live the nightmare of drafts past (like where Miami passed on Moss for John Avery?)

To me, this guy is a franchise back, which as highly as I think of Gordon, I can't picture him as a franchise guy (to me he's more suited to be a complimentary player on a team with a strong QB-- see Warrick Dunn). Everything I've seen and heard of Brown (which included a bowl game against my beloved Penn State a few years ago), this guy is the total package. He is a combo of power and quickness, can catch the ball out of the backfield and serves as a solid blocker. I think he was too good to pass up on.

ch19079 said:
you are obviously so blinded by your love of the fins, that you can't see L. Gordon is not a starting RB.

You can't blame it on blind love for the Phins for a few of these posters.
There is a small group of posters on here that you can count on to make anyone scratch their heads in disbelief every time they post.
It's just the way they think.

A disclaimer should be automatically attached to all of their posts. :lol:

Dolphins13Fan said:
Wow.. Talk about hanging a person for having an opinion that goes against the grain. Remind me if I ever find the urge to disagree with the consensus that I'm better off keeping my opinion under wraps will ya?

That being said, I can understand your thoughts here Minus. I've always thought Gordon has some tools to be a good HB in the NFL. Truthfully, I don't think we can make judgement on Gordon because we've never seen what he's capable of doing as a 16-week starter. That being said, he HAS had opportunities to show his potential over the last couple of seasons (with Marshall Faulk's health issues attacking him seemingly yearly). In his "try-out runs" he's shown potential, but he's also shown a knack for getting bit by the injury bug.

That being said, would you want to be known as the team that passed on the next LaDanian Tomlinson? Or, do you want to once again re-live the nightmare of drafts past (like where Miami passed on Moss for John Avery?)

To me, this guy is a franchise back, which as highly as I think of Gordon, I can't picture him as a franchise guy (to me he's more suited to be a complimentary player on a team with a strong QB-- see Warrick Dunn). Everything I've seen and heard of Brown (which included a bowl game against my beloved Penn State a few years ago), this guy is the total package. He is a combo of power and quickness, can catch the ball out of the backfield and serves as a solid blocker. I think he was too good to pass up on.

Good post.

Dolphins13Fan said:

It's not about hanging someone for having a different opinion.
If the differing opinion shows some semblance of thought it's discussed.
To use a blanket statement saying there is absolutely no reason for us to have drafted a RB showed zero thought since there is an obvious need at RB now and for the future.

To discuss whether a QB or a RB would have been a better choice would have been subject for an intelligent discussion yet it just wasn't presented that way.

Minus you gotta back your opinion up......... who do you prefer we took at No.2 ???????????? yeah thats what I thought. Ssssshush

you call drafting Brown, Roth, and Crowder in the same draft (all of whom are 1st round talents) a bad draft? if so then you got problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom