Drafting R.Brown was a waste. | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting R.Brown was a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh.

I'm simply astonished of all the momentum Lamar Gordon has garnered this off-season when the best thing he did all year was get hurt.

Gordon has a great size-speed ratio (ran in the 4.45 range for the 2002 draft at 215-220 pounds) and has a decent set of hands. Physically, he's almost comparable to Ronnie Brown. Unfortunetely, he's soft (prefers to back into holes rather than put his head down), he fumbles, (6 in his 221 NFL touches) and shows HORRENDOUS vision when running.

To me, he's no better than the fifth best RB on the roster if Ricky returns.

minus said:
I was preaching the samething before the draft and I'll say it agian:

L.Gordon is a very talanted back.

Drafting a rb with #2 pick and paying him #2 money was a waste.

I know Ronnie Brown has a huge fan club to back him up but the truth is that it was a waste of a pick.There was absolutely no need to draft a runningback with #2 pick.

Now we have a crowded backfield at RB with weirdo coming back and no real QB prospect.

R Brown is better than L Gordon period. This is a pretty good thread to checkout www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=82467

Drafting someone like B Edwards at 2 would have been been pretty stupid "da Phins WR's are good enough" plus a great RB was a bigger impact to a game than a great WR. A. Rodgers currently does'nt look that hot in Greenbay, but in two or three years we will see if he's any good or just another Telvon (Cal QB coach, whose name I know is mis-spelled oh well) system QB that becomes a bust in the NFL- name one of his QB's that is good in the last 10 years :rofl3: now what that kid on the Raven's name - he's a Telvon gem :lol:

Gordon has a good non-contact mini-camp and all of a sudden the guy is a golden horses balls?

What did you want us to do, Ebeneezer Scrooge? Draft Aaron Rodgers? Wow, what an upgrade from out ball-machine A.J. Feelme.

Perhaps Braylon Edwards, Mike Williams, Troy Williamson...yeah, we could use a good 4th/5th stringer.

Ooh, ooh, I know! Lets forefit the pick and roll out a red carpet for those who had a good mini camp.

It's obvious Lamar Gordon is a better back...I mean, he's slower, less agile, weaker, smaller, older....

Oh, and if any of you guys know HTML, can someone please tell me how to use the </sarcastic> code. :rolleyes:

dont beat him up on opinion...clearly he wanted Braylon, cause god knows he couldnt have been talking about Aaron Rogers

Ummmm just one question though....why was Steven Jackson Drafted if Gordon was as great as you say he is.......

ch19079 said:
if you were wondering why the fins drafted Brown. its because L. Gordon is NOT a very talented back.

Ditto. I never thought i'd be agreeing with the Bill's fans on something. Never the less I respect your opinion just as a i would any other poster on this thread.

minus said:
I was preaching the samething before the draft and I'll say it agian:

L.Gordon is a very talanted back.

Drafting a rb with #2 pick and paying him #2 money was a waste.

I know Ronnie Brown has a huge fan club to back him up but the truth is that it was a waste of a pick.There was absolutely no need to draft a runningback with #2 pick.

Now we have a crowded backfield at RB with weirdo coming back and no real QB prospect.

Listen Lamar Gordon,

If you wanted to say you were a talented back you didn't nned to pose as a 21 year old and post thousands of posts.

Then again since you picked a nick name of "minus" I guess you realized that you're not that good Lamar!

I'll admit, Lamar isn't too bad on Madden.

WestVirginiaFan said:
I agree with him. I do believe benson was the best RB available. and the reason saban picked Brown over Benson was because Brown played in the SEC. where saban coached. and he knew him a little better. You get a coach from PA. or some other state out of the SEC. He would have selected Benson...

But thats just my opinion

I agree with you on that but I also think that he didn't pick Benson because of the mileage that he brings with him. The guy is a really good back but I think we get more out of Ronnie Brown. I seriously think though we couldn't have gone wrong with picking any of the big three.

we picked RB for his all around game, plain and simple. he offered the total package that the other 2 didnt

Every time the fins rely on any one player too much...

PHP:
MDFINFAN said:
Minus, you my man and all, but this is so unlike you...you know that it's mini camp, you know, no pads, no nothing...what a player does in MC vs TC vs PS vs RS is never the same, we need as many rb's as we can get, it seems to work for Denver, we should never rely on one rb again.

Players seem to get hurt every year and sometimes they just leave for no real reason. If the fins have to many good RB's at the end of training camp they can trade for a saftey or CB.:evil::evil::evil:

I can't belileve that I read every single reply. I guess it is like a train wreck, I couldn't not look.

BTW I like the trade for Plummer and a corndog, but make mine with mustard instead.

Don't you think Saban has looked at Gordon's tape over and over, before the draft? If he saw someting special he wouldn't have taken Brown.

minus said:
IMO

Edwards

I think Aaron Roger will be a probowl QB.Just because team pass up on him doesn't mean jack.

So you know better than the GMs and directors of pro personnel of 23 NFL franchises? I know talent slips sometimes but, no offense, I'll take their word over yours anyday. Thanks for playing. :rofl3:

The RB haters wear Jets or Bills t-shirts to bed......leave this site and turn in your Phins card. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom