Drafting R.Brown was a waste. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting R.Brown was a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GRT8 said:
hey a 3rd rounder is valuable....which you could get for henry, but donahue knows you don't have any insurance and will not let him go.

gordon is inexpensive and so is sammy.......depth is very good though.

we'll see if you feel the same way when they jam the "rock" down your a@*!
Henry will be gone before training camp.

And you're gonna need a line to jam the rock anywhere, which you don't have.

houck is good, but LT was running wild long before he got there

Minus, I respect your point of view, however, I don't think Saban shared your opinion regarding Rodgers and word on Rodgers so far isn't that glowing. Maybe none of the QBs excited Saban and company. I was at the practices all weekend and Ronnie Brown is awesome. I love this kid. Great attitude etc. NOW, could we have used a great new wide reciever instead of a runningback. Yes, no doubt about it. Time will tell.

minus said:
I was preaching the samething before the draft and I'll say it agian:

L.Gordon is a very talanted back.

Drafting a rb with #2 pick and paying him #2 money was a waste.

I know Ronnie Brown has a huge fan club to back him up but the truth is that it was a waste of a pick.There was absolutely no need to draft a runningback with #2 pick.

Now we have a crowded backfield at RB with weirdo coming back and no real QB prospect.

Don't Look now the Sky is Falling !!! Come on, Put Down the Kool-Aid before we see him play. I bet you would have been one of thos Dallas fans who were pissing and moaning that Emmit was too small when they drafted him. How bout we see him play with pads under contract. K.

Losman7 said:
but LT was running wild long before he got there
actually LT was only there 1 year before Houck got there and his yard went up by 300 the next 2 years. Also he was with the Cowboys the prior 8 years and they did a pretty good job running from 93 to 2001 I'd say.

minus said:

I know Ronnie Brown has a huge fan club to back him up but the truth is that it was a waste of a pick.There was absolutely no need to draft a runningback with #2 pick.

Now we have a crowded backfield at RB with weirdo coming back and no real QB prospect.

I wouldnt say it was a waste but I do think we did not get enough value for that high a pick.

A good value pick would have been a QB or tradedown for more picks but it was not to be for various asundry reasons we are all familiar with.

The unfortunate part of it that we may not pick that high again .

Chisel Monkey said:
Don't Look now the Sky is Falling !!! Come on, Put Down the Kool-Aid before we see him play. I bet you would have been one of thos Dallas fans who were pissing and moaning that Emmit was too small when they drafted him. How bout we see him play with pads under contract. K.

This has nothing to do with Brown being a bust or not.Brown could end up being great or an average player but that not the point.The point is that he was a waste of pick because RB wasn't a high priority.

minus said:
This has nothing to do with Brown being a bust or not.Brown could end up being great or an average player but that not the point.The point is that he was a waste of pick because RB wasn't a high priority.

Again, who would you pick?.

CrunchTime said:
I wouldnt say it was a waste but I do think we did not get enough value for that high a pick.

A good value pick would have been a QB or tradedown for more picks but it was not to be for various asundry reasons we are all familiar with.

The unfortunate part of it that we may not pick that high again .

There so much more value for running back in the second historically which is why Brown at #2 was a waste.

touborg said:
Again, who would you pick?.

Honestly,

Aaron Rogers or trade down which would have resulted in Aaron Rogers anyways.

minus said:
Honestly,

Aaron Rogers or trade down which would have resulted in Aaron Rogers anyways.
no one offered what the pick was worth if we had got a shoddy deal on a trade down you probably would've blasted Saban for that. Again where is the gem of a post about why we shouldn't draft Brown because we have Gordon you've been talking about?

minus said:

There was no QB worth taking at #2, Saban did the right thing and took the best player available. Ricky coming back wasnt a sure thing during the time of the draft and it still isnt imo. Even if he does come back, how good will he be and how long will he stay? Gordon could be good, I agree, but he unproven. It wasnt a waste of a pick at all

touborg said:
We never knew if Gordon would be good or bad because of the injuries, and we had no idea Ricky came back. On draftday, we took what we needed, the fact that our backfield is talented is something you should appreciate. It gives us a good year RB wise, and maybe we can trade some of them for a pick.

Also, if you preferred that we pick Aaron Rodgers at 2, I don't agree at all.

I couldn't agree more! There were no quality QBs at the top IMO and we weren't sure about R. Williams. Ronnie Brown was the best pick at # 2.

ether79 said:
no one offered what the pick was worth if we had got a shoddy deal on a trade down you probably would've blasted Saban for that. Again where is the gem of a post about why we shouldn't draft Brown because we have Gordon you've been talking about?

Gordon and Morris.

Gordon is a big back and quicker than Brown.

QB position was once again ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom