Drew Asks Miami To Trade Freeman... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Asks Miami To Trade Freeman...

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Agent Drew Rosenhaus had asked the DOlphins today...if he could seek a trade---for his client...ARTURO FREEMAN....in which the DOlphins said a big "NO" as the answer to his inquiry.

Drew and ARTURO for that matter....are extremely upset about him now being cut out of the dime packages....as it appears that S SHAWN WOODEN...has stepped up and is gettting more of the reps in practice.

FREEMAN is in the last year of his contract with the DOlphins---and Drew knows that his value....on the open market next year---if he has limited playing time...will hurt ARTURO...financially.

The bottom line here is that the DOlphins brought in SAMMY KNIGHT for big plays, hard hits and turnovers....and they brought him in here to challenge FREEMAN...and he did that...and won the battle.

Unfortunately even more for ARTURO...is the fact that WOODEN is having his best camp ever in a DOLPHIN uniform...and has graded out better than Freeman this pre-season so far...

Freeman and Drew are going to be dissapointed this entire year...because there is no way that the Dolphins allow Freeman to be traded or go anywhere this season.

The team will worry about FREEMAN's imminent departure next season... he will just have to get use to not being a starter on this particular team for this season..as the DOlphins see it.

Freeman remains quite dissapointed now....but he should not be a locker room cancer...he is not the type of player who is going to cause disharmony....

For a decent pick why not. If Wooden is so impressive then might have gotten himself the backup job. Bell could definitely be another safety who could replace him as a backup. You never want a depressed player on your team no matter what.

I thought we were goin to replace marion next year with freeman? Or is that a best case scenario?

Let's see how he does this season. It is not like he is Woodson that needs immediate replacement due to age. Bell plays a bit like Marion and could develop.

KNOWING DREW....FREEMAN WILL PLAY ELSEWHERE NEXT SEASON...

I think this is going to be an exact replica of what we saw with DT JERMAINE HALEY this off-season...

Freeman will be a good soldier...and take this demotion and play within the team schemes that he is called upon...

But after this season....Drew will make sure that he goes to a team that will offer him the chance to start...

I do believe though....this. If Brock MARION has a good year....then I believe he still has another year in a Fins uniform anyway. And if he does not play up to standards....then you will see the DOlphins go back into FA or the draft...and take of the situation that way....but right now....I don't think that the coaches are thinking about FREEMAN replacing anyone right now. They want him backing up in a lot...if most all the packages...and just be ready to play when called upon.

DREW will probably initiate a change of scenery for Freeman next season...that is the way I see it...

Trade him! In fact, I would try to trade Freeman and keep McGarrahan - unless Freeman is going to be a total team guy and bust his but on special teams.

If Freeman knows what's good for him, he'll sell out completely on Special Teams and demonstrate to teams that a) he's a team player; b) he's still a playmaker and c) he can hit. If that's his attitude, then keep him. Otherwise, try to make a trade and get a 4th or 5th rounder for him (to someone OTHER than our division foes) and keep McGarrahan from going to the Jets or the Pats.

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
Agent Drew Rosenhaus had asked the DOlphins today...if he could seek a trade---for his client...ARTURO FREEMAN....in which the DOlphins said a big "NO" as the answer to his inquiry.

Drew and ARTURO for that matter....are extremely upset about him now being cut out of the dime packages....as it appears that S SHAWN WOODEN...has stepped up and is gettting more of the reps in practice.

FREEMAN is in the last year of his contract with the DOlphins---and Drew knows that his value....on the open market next year---if he has limited playing time...will hurt ARTURO...financially.

The bottom line here is that the DOlphins brought in SAMMY KNIGHT for big plays, hard hits and turnovers....and they brought him in here to challenge FREEMAN...and he did that...and won the battle.

Unfortunately even more for ARTURO...is the fact that WOODEN is having his best camp ever in a DOLPHIN uniform...and has graded out better than Freeman this pre-season so far...

Freeman and Drew are going to be dissapointed this entire year...because there is no way that the Dolphins allow Freeman to be traded or go anywhere this season.

The team will worry about FREEMAN's imminent departure next season... he will just have to get use to not being a starter on this particular team for this season..as the DOlphins see it.

Freeman remains quite dissapointed now....but he should not be a locker room cancer...he is not the type of player who is going to cause disharmony....

Does Arturo think that he has proven he deserves more playing time?

ops posted in the wrong thread but here it is again

This is about the most selfish article i've ever read. "Arturo needs the snaps because it's a pivitol year for him." "Arturo wants to start or be traded." What about playing your role and helping the team. Is the NFL not a team sport anymore just everyone looking out for their contract

Originally posted by Sherif
ops posted in the wrong thread but here it is again

This is about the most selfish article i've ever read. "Arturo needs the snaps because it's a pivitol year for him." "Arturo wants to start or be traded." What about playing your role and helping the team. Is the NFL not a team sport anymore just everyone looking out for their contract

Sherif, give Duce Staley a call and ask him the same question :yes:

I tend to think that it is Drew who initiates this trash and not Freeman.

Originally posted by fairbanksb
I tend to think that it is Drew who initiates this trash and not Freeman.

You may be right, without starting Freeman won't get paid next year, and neither will Drew, not the big bucks that is... :rolleyes2

Originally posted by Peanut
Bet Turo starts by mid-season..

Why do you like Arturo? The guy is total garbage. The only way he will see the field this year is if there is an injury. This guy was BY FAR the worst Dolphins starting defender last year. Sammy Knight was a great signing because he is so much better than Freeman. Knight will have a good year and the only way that he won't start a game is if he is injured. He beat our Arturo for a job, and he did it very quickly as well. It just shows how much better Knight is.

Should we trade Arturo? No, and it won't happen as well. He is good depth, but lets just hope he never starts.

Back
Top Bottom