Drew Asks Miami To Trade Freeman... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Asks Miami To Trade Freeman...

Originally posted by fairbanksb
I tend to think that it is Drew who initiates this trash and not Freeman.

Linker

This quote says that's a good theory....
Freeman, who said Tuesday morning that he had not asked for any trade himself, started all 16 games last season.

I'm with that other post that you keep McGarrahan and trade Freeman.You would get a very decent pick for him.If you cut McGarrahan(for which it seems he would gladly take that last safety spot)then you lose Freeman next offseason to free agency then thats both players gone.Management needs to rethink this one.I know they might think Brock might not last another year after this one but you would have a decent draft pick to go after a safety.

i really like that wooden is having such a good camp, i always liked that guy , he had a good rookie season here , then somehow slipped the next year but i think he blew his knee right ? m then he left for chicago but know he is back and i wish him all the best to make this team.

btw i didn´t saw a thread about it but do u guys know that dyer was traded to houston for a conditional 2004 draft choice ?

thats a good team to trade him , although i feel sorry for him because now he has to play against us in week1 at JOE ROBBIE STADIUM and get his butt kicked......:lol:

Freeman had not asked for a trade himself, they never do. They ask the agent to ask. Don't every buy that it's not the player it's the agent line. The player can always initiate or refute a agent. Guess whose in charge. I agree. Trade or Cut Freeman at the last possible minute (just to screw him) and keep McGarrahan. We're going to be in bad shape on ST this year without Gaylon and McGarrahan.

Originally posted by Jaj
For a decent pick why not. If Wooden is so impressive then might have gotten himself the backup job. Bell could definitely be another safety who could replace him as a backup. You never want a depressed player on your team no matter what.

nobody will give a decent pick these days except for us:(.....:yell: Wanny!!!

This is Bullcrap!!!!!I think Drew has brainwashed Turo into thinking he's better off elsewhere now that his Starting prediction went wrong....... no way we give up on Freeman, just wait till he starts.... this guy is a prospect in the making, sure, its tough to beat out Sammy Knight because Sammy is a Probowl type player with lots of experience, but Sammy and Brock are aging each year!! no way would i trade him , AMOF I'd resign him now that his value is low and keep him here.....our starters are getting old.....and if i remember Turo's great season he was sharing time, look out for him this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of you guys are unbelievable. "Cut him just to screw him"?? That's pretty low class man. I'm suprised at that.

Why all the hostility or negative feelings in this thread?? He wasn't being a d*ck about it (Freeman or Rosenhaus). He just wants an opportunity to play and make as much as he can in the few short years he, as an NFL player, has. He didn't demand a trade. He didn't threaten to hold out/leave the team/etc. He just asked for what's in the best interest of his client. The Dolphins said no. And that's it. They'll meet on Friday and that will be the end of it until the offseason.

What would you do in that situation?? You were a starter last year, it's a contract year, and you've been demoted to 3rd team in a VERY deep secondary. You could be starting elsewhere.....setting yourself up for a nice payday.

It's nothing personal. Just business. And contrary to what you might think (again, 'you' meaning we in general), Drew is just looking out for his client. Drew is a very good agent and he's doing what any agent worth his skin would do.

And as was mentioned above, Freeman will be a good soldier. And if there's an injury, he'll likely step in and start. Especially to Marion.

Cut Freeman for McGarrahan?? Not in a million years. ST's will be fine.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
Only in case of an injury...

Not really, Knight doesn't have the spot "locked" up. If it was locked, Wannstedt would've never said that Freeman still has a chance.

Knight has it completely locked up. Freeman still has a chance to play. But not start. Only if a safety gets injured.

Muck I understand your point. But there doesn't seem to be the Team Loyalty over money in the NFL with alot of players (deuce). I guess not in the corporate world either. It's sad knowing the Finheaven Fans are more loyal to their team than the players would you agree on that? For example if someone offered me $75,000 to be a fan of another team and not the Dolphins I may try but I don't think I could.

Miami is facing HUGE problems at QB and DT next year and the draft will have to target that. The cap situation will almost certainly force this to be Marion's final year and there is more chance of Bill Belichick winning a personality contest than there is of Freeman, the FS heir apparent, being traded or allowed to leave next season.

I don't see how DT will be a huge problem next year. Far as I know, this isn't Bowens' last year, Chester is under contract for a while, and we just locked up Zgonina for 3 years. And the coaches like Zgonina so much he's gonna play a whole lot this year...as per DCH he'll play so much that on the rotation "you'd swear he was starting" Its a position we need to start thinking about the future on, either with a young acquisition via FA or trade, or with a 1st or 2nd round draft pick I would think...but to say that it presents a huge problem next year, I don't think thats true. There will be a lot of decisions to make next year on Marion, Fiedler, Griese, Seau, Todd Wade, Ogunleye, and Knight.

CK, Bowen's knee's and other ailments are a huge worry, Chester is solid, but has been injury prone through his career and Zgonina is 32 and better off the bench. Plus Timbo's contract next year will be huge when you consider that there are other, younger players, that we'll want to re-sign, like Todd Wade, Wally Ogunleye, etc, then DT becomes a problem.

Originally posted by Sherif
Muck I understand your point. But there doesn't seem to be the Team Loyalty over money in the NFL with alot of players (deuce). I guess not in the corporate world either. It's sad knowing the Finheaven Fans are more loyal to their team than the players would you agree on that? For example if someone offered me $75,000 to be a fan of another team and not the Dolphins I may try but I don't think I could.

The thing is, we are fans of this team by choice. We've loved them from the beginning of our fanhood and will continue to do so. NFL players rarely get to play for their favorite team. It's their job. They're entertainers. And we are the entertained.

And that being as it is, these entertainers have no choice but to sacrifice their loyalties to a certain extend for the sake of making the best living they possibly can. A living that, on average, lasts only 3 years.

I agree. Next year we will definitely be looking at a young DT, be it in the draft or on FA. The coming offseason will be another exciting and pivitol one for the franchise.

Back
Top Bottom