DT are made, not Drafted... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DT are made, not Drafted...

tay0365

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This make's a lot of sense. We would all hope to hit in the Draft with an ALL-PRO from the start, but that is more luck, even when they look like Can't miss. This allows you if you have the right people as teachers to create solid to great players from any players drafted anywhere in a draft.

This make's a lot of sense. We would all hope to hit in the Draft with an ALL-PRO from the start, but that is more luck, even when they look like Can't miss. This allows you if you have the right people as teachers to create solid to great players from any players drafted anywhere in a draft.

CK is wise. We also have a very good DLINE coach…

all these moves tells me we're going with a bigger rotation at DT instead of having two guys playing 80% of the snaps.....I think DT is a no with our top pick.....I could see them drafting one in the 2nd round but even that is iffy now

all these moves tells me we're going with a bigger rotation at DT instead of having two guys playing 80% of the snaps.....I think DT is a no with our top pick.....I could see them drafting one in the 2nd round but even that is iffy now
Baltimore rotates 4 men through defensive end and 4 in the edge.

This is due to the Ravens Drafting philosophy more than anything to do with Weaver.

Now he saw that strategy work in Baltimore so maybe he is on board with doing it that way but it is not a reason to predict what the Fins will do at that position.

Slowly Miami is putting themselves in best player available rather then need...Though O-Line needs are still to big to discount it being #1 need.
Left guard is the glaring weakness IMO. I think Miami might be able to get by with Robert Jones at right guard.

Obviously a long-term solution at left tackle would be great. Maybe that player is Kion Smith? If not, perhaps that should be the top priority.

I'm also not dismissing a pass rusher early.

But, to your point, BPA is now more likely. Maybe even receiver.

This is due to the Ravens Drafting philosophy more than anything to do with Weaver.

Now he saw that strategy work in Baltimore so maybe he is on board with doing it that way but it is not a reason to predict what the Fins will do at that position.

This is very true, but if Miami is convinced with Weaver and the D-Line coaches they have, can get it done this is still an option that makes sense and might be done.

That would not be bad at all,especially with Sieler being one of the guys.
Yep. I also believe that Fuller is an upgrade over X at this stage of. X’s career, and with the exceptional coverage skills that Jordon Brooks as a poor man’s Fred warner brings to the table, should lead to better coverage, more turnovers, and another 1/2 second to 1 second more to get to the QB than last year’s group. But we shall see as no battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy…

DT isn't a high value position. Kind of like guard. There are number of good DTs in the league. There are very few great ones for a reason. Short of prime Aaron Donald or Chris Jones, don't really see any DTs worth breaking the bank for.

Why do I get the feeling we are drafting Waddle's replacement at 21 and a guard in the 2nd round?

DT isn't a high value position. Kind of like guard. There are number of good DTs in the league. There are very few great ones for a reason. Short of prime Aaron Donald or Chris Jones, don't really see any DTs worth breaking the bank for.
As reinforcement to your point, Both of those guys had about 50 sacks in the last 5 years, or since Christian Wilkins came in the league. Wilkins? He had 20, and 9 of them were last year in a contract year when we had AVG, Sieler, Phillips, and Chubb flying around helping to create opportunities for him. Big drop off after those two, and I doubt that 9 sacks are going to be Christian Wilkins new normal…

I hope they are not even considering getting rid of Waddle unless medically they know something we don't, or someone comes back at us with some ridiculous trade scenario like the Texans did a while back.

Back
Top Bottom