DT are made, not Drafted... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DT are made, not Drafted...

This make's a lot of sense. We would all hope to hit in the Draft with an ALL-PRO from the start, but that is more luck, even when they look like Can't miss. This allows you if you have the right people as teachers to create solid to great players from any players drafted anywhere in a draft.

I think offensive lines are similar. Especially the interior of the offensive line.

I hope they are not even considering getting rid of Waddle unless medically they know something we don't, or someone comes back at us with some ridiculous trade scenario like the Texans did a while back.
Why, what did you hear?

Why, what did you hear?

Zucca just said earlier he gets a feeling they might be working on getting Waddle's replacement, that and the dumb talk a few months ago about trading Waddle made just make that statement, because that would be a dumb move.

Why do I get the feeling we are drafting Waddle's replacement at 21 and a guard in the 2nd round?
Definitely a need for another receiver and with what receivers are getting paid these days, I wouldn’t hate it. There is no depth behind Waddle and Hill if , knock on wood, one of them gets hurt.

Zucca just said earlier he gets a feeling they might be working on getting Waddle's replacement, that and the dumb talk a few months ago about trading Waddle made just make that statement, because that would be a dumb move.
I could see them drafting another WR with some size and speed to supplement the WR corps, but not sure who they would replace Waddle with? You’ve got to keep some of your foundational pieces you drafted for you legacy?

I don't think they are done. They are all over the DT's in the draft. The Dolphins Asst Dline coach is a former LSU defensive coach. He's appearently selling the Fins on all three of LSU's draft eligible DLinemen. Maason Smith is a guy to keep your eyes on. And then there is Baylor's Gabe Hall, who Miami has been showing interest in. They could be done given the ages of some of these F/A signings, but you never know.

I don’t think Miami is looking for Waddle’s replacement. I think they are more likely looking for a long term solution for Hill and some depth at the ever increasing expensive position.

Waddle will stay to become Hill once Hill leaves, anyone else will be the #2 in the future. Hopefully we do draft another stud receiver in the lower rounds. Still want to see what E can do in the regular season. Enjoyed him last preseason.

We have seen multiple teams trading star WRs due to contract issues. Guys like AJ Brown and of course Tyreek. It's not out of the realm of possibility that we will end up at that point with Waddle. This is a heavy WR draft. We need a WR3 anyway. So take one at 21, groom him this year. And then if push comes to shove with Waddle, you have his replacement on the roster. It's smart business.

We have seen multiple teams trading star WRs due to contract issues. Guys like AJ Brown and of course Tyreek. It's not out of the realm of possibility that we will end up at that point with Waddle. This is a heavy WR draft. We need a WR3 anyway. So take one at 21, groom him this year. And then if push comes to shove with Waddle, you have his replacement on the roster. It's smart business.

You don't get rid of your future #1 receiver just because there is a lot of good receivers in this draft.

There are always great college receivers in Draft, that once they hit the NFL, they no longer are as great as people thought they would be.

Waddle is that exception, that receiver that has proven to be just as good as he was in College. Miami might and should take a receiver in this years draft, but it won't to to replace the Dolphins future top receiver.

You don't get rid of your future #1 receiver just because there is a lot of good receivers in this draft.

There are always great college receivers in Draft, that once they hit the NFL, they no longer are as great as people thought they would be.

Waddle is that exception, that receiver that has proven to be just as good as he was in College. Miami might and should take a receiver in this years draft, but it won't to to replace the Dolphins future top receiver.
You might be forced to get rid of him for cap reasons. Do you think the Titans wanted to "get rid" of AJ Brown? I'm not advocating moving Waddle. I'm just saying they would be smart to plan ahead.

We need a WR but not to replace Waddle or Hill. We desperately need a good possession receiver who can step up when teams lock our speed down. Just like we need a power RB for when they do the same to our speed running game. We can still be a speed offense like we were last year, but unlike last year we need a solid Plan B for when teams are able to slow down our speed. We can't go into this year as totally one dimensional on offense as we did last year. When teams have an answer for our speed, we have to be able to hit them with a different question.

Left guard is the glaring weakness IMO. I think Miami might be able to get by with Robert Jones at right guard.

Obviously a long-term solution at left tackle would be great. Maybe that player is Kion Smith? If not, perhaps that should be the top priority.

I'm also not dismissing a pass rusher early.

But, to your point, BPA is now more likely. Maybe even receiver.

I'll meet you halfway. BPA at a position of top need. DL/OL are my top 2. I don't expect QB/LB/TE/RB

You might be forced to get rid of him for cap reasons. Do you think the Titans wanted to "get rid" of AJ Brown? I'm not advocating moving Waddle. I'm just saying they would be smart to plan ahead.

No, that's fine, my point is before they get rid of Waddle, they might get rid Hill. Waddle is the future at receiver, and they will do anything and everything to keep him in Miami.

Either way, I think for a few years, they probably will not need to do anything with those two as far as releasing any if them

Back
Top Bottom