DT K. Vickerson : "7th Round Turd".... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DT K. Vickerson : "7th Round Turd"....

thedayafter said:
  • That's a little harsh don't you think.... and unfounded as well. Any reason to believe Vickerson was his "first recommendation"?
  • The draft is a "crap shoot" with the best in football only getting a 56% return on their picks.
  • This is way overblown and the source is suspect as well.

True.But I had to bash someone today now that I dont have Speilman,Wanny and Jay anymore.:rolleyes:

CrunchTime said:
True.But I had to bash someone today now that I dont have Speilman,Wanny and Jay anymore.:rolleyes:

There's always Bill fans. :D

Well this story goes to show you that we need Wright even more now. I started to really become a fan of Vickerson because he said that he would work and and he was a steal. I guess he is full of BS.

Den54 said:
There's always Bill fans. :D

:rofl3:

Errr... sorry, but there's nothing you can do to Jills fans that they haven't already done to themselves. They ARE Buffalo Bills fans, right? So... by definition...

Ok.

Really, where's you all's compassion, dammit!?!? :rolleyes:

It is amazing how we listen to everything as the gospel..

I am as guilty as you are, but we put way too much on reports. Some of you would question the existence of God, yet buy any report on your favorite team as the gospel. I have found myself doing that on occassion because I am so bored in the off-season, wanting something to focus on with regard to the team. I am not saying this stuff could have elements of truth. But come on guys. This isn't CSI, but it isn't a format for the Star either.

Lee2000

If this is true, it really makes me wonder what the guy has between his ears. Here's a guy who's a 7th round pick, and is nowhere near a lock to make the team. If he busts his but he's got a chance to stick around for a few years and be pretty much set for life, yet he can't even make it to team meetings? Its not a big deal to the team, but it really does make me scratch my head.

I was really hoping that Vickerson would pan out at DT. I was also under the impression that he had a good chance to make the team this year, and would at the very least provide some depth....

The funny thing about this article though, is that it mentions nothing about his play on the field. It only says he's been late to school for the most part. I'll have to wait and see what he does during TC before calling him a "turd". I didn't even know there was such a thing as a "7th round turd". The fact remains however, that we need some players at DT. I hope he turns it around.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Although I don't believe Vickerson is likely to make the 53 man roster, I have a hard time believing this because the source is PFT. PFT who seems to have it out for Saban. Saban and his staff have been tight-lipped about everything so how is it that PFT got a "team source" to open up about Vickerson? If it were ESPN, Fox, SI, or CBS sportsline I would believe it more but since it's I can't say I believe it. DT will be a problem area for us unless we find some good quality depth or there are some huge suprises in camp. I kind of liked Mario Monds late last season but he was cut. I guess he wasn't fat enough.

I know PFT isn't the most credible, but this was info on a player I'm interested in, and I hadn't heard much regarding him, so I posted it. Vickerson was a name that was mentioned alot, well more than a few times around here the day after the draft, so naturally, this news somewhat surprised me....

I hope he turns it around. TC will test him no doubt....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Philter25 said:
How many times do 7th rounders turn into starters? Now if we shelled a 1st-3rd on him, I might actually care.

Over the past years, I cant think of a single 7th rounder that started for us... Im gonna haveto look it up and see if there actually were any over the past decade.
derrick pope started games last year.

EDIT: Oops... didn't see this was already posted.

I know these guys are the kings of making up stories and have aero credibility....BUT...why would they go to such lengths to trash an anonymous seventh round pick?

:confused2

Jeff Cross was a 9th round pick and one of the all time great Dolphins pass rushers.

Back
Top Bottom