DT K. Vickerson : "7th Round Turd".... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DT K. Vickerson : "7th Round Turd"....

BLITZKRIEG said:
I know PFT isn't the most credible, but this was info on a player I'm interested in, and I hadn't heard much regarding him, so I posted it. Vickerson was a name that was mentioned alot, well more than a few times around here the day after the draft, so naturally, this news somewhat surprised me....

I hope he turns it around. TC will test him no doubt....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I wasn't saying this to discredit you in any way. I was just posting that I'm not going to believe it until a more credible source comes out with the same info. I too am interested in him and I would love for him to somehow be a good surprise for us this year. Unfortunately, I think he is too raw to play for us this season despite him having the size and strength to play for us.

who cares about vickerson, he s a lazy P O S cut his *** and save some cash.

BLITZKRIEG said:
FINS NOT HAPPY WITH VICKERSON

Word out of South Florida is that the Miami Dolphins are unhappy with seventh-round pick Kevin Vickerson, a defensive tackle from Michigan State.

Per a league source, Vickerson has missed and/or arrived late for multiple meetings during the offseason, causing the team to wonder whether it's gotten its teeth into a turd.

Miami's current view of Vickerson could affect his contract negotiations. Typically, low-round picks receive a signing bonus plus three years of minimum salaries. Don't be surprised if the Fins lowball Vickerson on the bonus portion of his package. If Vickerson balks, the team could, in theory, not sign him at all, allowing him to re-enter the draft pool in 2006.

Vickerson's behavior, and the team's reaction to it, makes their interest in USC defensive tackle Manuel Wright, who'll be taken in the July 14 supplemental draft by someone, even more understandable. The Fins already are thin at the D-tackle position, and if they've got questions about one of their 2005 rookies at the position, it's all the more reason to look for more bodies.

Vickerson didn't play for Miami coach Nick Saban at Michigan State. However, Vickerson started in his sophomore season under then-head coach Bobby Williams, who now is a member of the Nicktator's staff.

As a junior, Vickerson was benched by coach John L. Smith. Vickerson got back into the starting lineup as a senior.
=============================

Man, DT isn't looking too good right now. Saban and Mueller better put their heads together, and find some solid replacements for Bowens / Chester fast. I thought Vickerson was going to be a decent addition, but he sounds lazy, and uninterested in the rules being laid out for him. Too bad, I was hoping he would emerge....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Couldn't a league source be the Seattle Seahawks assistant janitor?

I've been following PFT for years, since back when they were known as NFLTalk.com and they had a rumor mill, and then they went to a pay site sponsored by I believe ESPN or someone like that, and then they came back to being free.

This is the kind of stuff that I actually tend to believe from them. If this league source were commenting on a higher profile guy, then I would view it much more skeptically. But, this is very out-of-the-blue, about a player whose name most PFT readers won't even recognize.

I think it's true, and yes, I find the news to be disappointing. He has the physical stature that Saban wants, and he probably WAS going to make the team. He still might, but I find it discouraging that the guy is already showing some 'tude problems before he even gets paid anything significant.

PatsSuck456 said:
who cares about vickerson, he s a lazy P O S cut his *** and save some cash.
Can you even cut someone and save some cash on someone who isnt even under contract yet? :lol:

ckparrothead said:
I've been following PFT for years, since back when they were known as NFLTalk.com and they had a rumor mill, and then they went to a pay site sponsored by I believe ESPN or someone like that, and then they came back to being free.

This is the kind of stuff that I actually tend to believe from them. If this league source were commenting on a higher profile guy, then I would view it much more skeptically. But, this is very out-of-the-blue, about a player whose name most PFT readers won't even recognize.

I think it's true, and yes, I find the news to be disappointing. He has the physical stature that Saban wants, and he probably WAS going to make the team. He still might, but I find it discouraging that the guy is already showing some 'tude problems before he even gets paid anything significant.

Talent over Turd even for a 7th rounder. I mean if you have say the 19th pick in the draft and need a WR. You pass the talent trade your pick and take that stud RB. In the 7th though turds will talent are hot items.

Jnaledu3 said:
Vickerson was probably Spielmans choice.
First you guys say Rick had nothing to do with the draft, and then when something goes wrong, you want to give him credit for that? What's next? Zach gets jock itch, gee, must've been Rick's fault!!!

:rolleyes:

Philter25 said:
How many times do 7th rounders turn into starters? Now if we shelled a 1st-3rd on him, I might actually care.

Over the past years, I cant think of a single 7th rounder that started for us... Im gonna haveto look it up and see if there actually were any over the past decade.

Brock Marion was a 7th rounder. We didnt draft him but he was a 7th rounder that started for us.

For what it is worth..PFT took it off the rumor mill...doesn't mean its not true...just thought it was interesting.

Philter25 said:
How many times do 7th rounders turn into starters? Now if we shelled a 1st-3rd on him, I might actually care.

Over the past years, I cant think of a single 7th rounder that started for us... Im gonna haveto look it up and see if there actually were any over the past decade.

Derek Pope started at the end of last season.

Actually we haven't done too badly with recent 7th rounders. Of picks since 1998 Pope and Leonard Henry started games last year, Pape is still on the team, Jermaine Haley was used a fair bit in rotation and is still with the Skins. Jim Bundren started 10 games with the Browns and even Joe Wong (Raiders) and Davern Williams (Giants) are still in the league. Jeff Harris is the only one that didn't get to really play (although he was on team rosters for 2 years).

As far as the story goes I think it was more a case of them adding to their theory that we are thin at DT and will make a run at Wright.

Back
Top Bottom