DT K. Vickerson : "7th Round Turd".... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DT K. Vickerson : "7th Round Turd"....

Wyvern_Bob said:
Actually we haven't done too badly with recent 7th rounders. Of picks since 1998 Pope and Leonard Henry started games last year, Pape is still on the team, Jermaine Haley was used a fair bit in rotation and is still with the Skins. Jim Bundren started 10 games with the Browns and even Joe Wong (Raiders) and Davern Williams (Giants) are still in the league. Jeff Harris is the only one that didn't get to really play (although he was on team rosters for 2 years).

As far as the story goes I think it was more a case of them adding to their theory that we are thin at DT and will make a run at Wright.

Henry only started because we were down to our 5th string RB at that point, including Ricky and Gordon. I did think Henry had some talent, but he flubbed some of his oppurtunities last year and our entire offense was in disarray.

Soon as I read this article, I could tell it was from PFT...so I therefore discarded it as not good info, as usual with those guys. Please, stop posting PFT trash...it's just not worth the effort to read it...

One - is it right to copy entire articles from other sites?

Two - what's the ulterior motive behind not giving the source? A lack of confidence in its acceptance? A recognition that it is going to be dissed? Give the source when you provide a report.

Three - the fact that the source is from PFT makes it highly suspect. This is the same group that reported the almost certain trade of Jason Taylor. Neither do they give their sources - which is ridiculous. The fact is, every single report from there is worthless UNLESS it is then backed up by reputable media outlets (national or local) that do have valid sources.

This kind of posting is pretty unethical.

phunwin said:
Derrick Pope started some games last year, and he was a 7th round pick.

The great JB Brown was a 12th round pick (shortly before the draft was cut to 7 rounds). He sucked, but hey, what do you want from a guy chosen at the end of the draft?

Jeff Cross- 9th rd pick (DE)

Philter25 said:
Good call on Pope.... so we have had one guy actually start a game for us in the past 10 years that we drafted in the 7th round. That pretty much sums it up.

Leonard henry was a 7th rounder he started some also

Da 'Fins said:
One - is it right to copy entire articles from other sites?

Two - what's the ulterior motive behind not giving the source? A lack of confidence in its acceptance? A recognition that it is going to be dissed? Give the source when you provide a report.

Three - the fact that the source is from PFT makes it highly suspect. This is the same group that reported the almost certain trade of Jason Taylor. Neither do they give their sources - which is ridiculous. The fact is, every single report from there is worthless UNLESS it is then backed up by reputable media outlets (national or local) that do have valid sources.

This kind of posting is pretty unethical.

Huh??.....Ok Dad. Are you trying to tell me that by posting this from PFT, that I've broke the law???....or some kind of "ethics code"???...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

If you want to retreat decades, Jake Scott was a 7th rounder and a Super Bowl MVP. Of course, he was drafted later than his talent would warrant because he was already a noncomformist, to say the least, bolting the University of Georgia early to sign with the CFL. I think Mark Clayton was an 8th rounder.

In the late rounds it's sensible to take chances on guys with high talent level in hopes an injury or motivation problem will turn around in your favor. In this case perhaps it did not. Still much better than taking slow unathletic camp fodder, which we have done plenty of times.

BLITZKRIEG said:
Huh??.....Ok Dad. Are you trying to tell me that by posting this from PFT, that I've broke the law???....or some kind of "ethics code"???...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I don't know the copyright rules on this site. Elsewhere where I post, the strict rule is to attribute the source via link and paste no more than 4 paragraphs. Usually the first four, but if you paste one graph then select others from further down in the article, the word "snip" is used to designate where you have broken away from consecutive sequence.

Awsi Dooger said:
I don't know the copyright rules on this site. Elsewhere where I post, the strict rule is to attribute the source via link and paste no more than 4 paragraphs. Usually the first four, but if you paste one graph then select others from further down in the article, the word "snip" is used to designate where you have broken away from consecutive sequence.

the rules state you can't copy the whole article and post it here, so yes, the orginal poster was wrong for what he did, he should have posted a paragraph or 2 and then posted the link..

Philter25 said:
Over the past years, I cant think of a single 7th rounder that started for us... Im gonna haveto look it up and see if there actually were any over the past decade.
If you want to count kickers then it was Fuad Reveiz in '85. If not, then it I guess it was Dan Johnson in '82 if he started. Joe Rose was drafted in the 7th in '80.

If this is true, the guy's an idiot. How many of us would give their eye-teeth to be in his position? He got drafted into the NFL for chrissakes! This isn't some menial summer job at a fast-food joint. Buck up little camper!

Since we are talking about low draft picks that made it how about Johnny Unitas who was drafted in the 12th round.

I just saw that this was from PFT. Then I scratched my HELLO!

I am reviving this thread because it would appear that PFT has erased the article that BLITZKRIEG referenced from their rumor mill archives, and meanwhile an article comes out in the Sun Sentinel showing that PFT had this whole thing dead-on, and about 3 weeks before anyone else did.

Back
Top Bottom