Dt = Post June 1st Cuts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dt = Post June 1st Cuts

DolfinJohnNY

Active Roster
Reaction score
I think this was the idea all along. With 3 young guys on the interior, I think the idea all along was going for that veteran cut that could be plugged into the rotation & also show the youngins what playing DL in the NFL is all about.

I'm completely in agreement with this strategy.

No need to wait till cuts can sign Hankins today. I do agree that there will be more options and June and even more after training camp. It's not like a defensive tackle can't join the team late in camp and still be productive. I'm sure they'll add someone to Phillips, Godcheaux, Taylor and Wright.

No need to wait till cuts can sign Hankins today. I do agree that there will be more options and June and even more after training camp. It's not like a defensive tackle can't join the team late in camp and still be productive. I'm sure they'll add someone to Phillips, Godcheaux, Taylor and Wright.

If I'm not mistaken we don't have the $ to sign Hankins. Suh's cap doesn't come off our books until June 1.

Hankins is still surprisingly unsigned. He must be want a crazy amount of money that so far no team has been willing to pay.

I’m scared to death about the DT position. I have no confidence in anyone of them, being able to occupy multiple blockers. I get the feeling Miami is about to spend stupidly on an over the hill F/A to fill in, as a stop gap, until 2019 and the abundant riches of d-lineman in the draft. And lets not forget a QB to groom behind #17.

Wonder if there is an agreement between the Dolphins and Hankins that they will sign him after June 1st when they have more cap space. Though Hankins has yet to visit the Dolphins and after cutting Suh I doubt they will be spending a big cap # on another DT.

We lost one of the most impactful and highest snap-count DT's in the game. Ndamakong Suh played 85% of our defensive snaps, which is insane. Jordan Phillips would be lucky to play 20%. Even if we promote everyone, we are severely lacking on our rotational DT's from a snap count perspective.

We WILL be adding DT's. The only question is who?

I think we can all expect a heaping dose of Jordan Phillips, Godcheaux, and Vincent Taylor this year with 2 possible UDFA backing them up.

Back
Top Bottom