Dt = Post June 1st Cuts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dt = Post June 1st Cuts

IMHO they wanted to see how the draft played out before adding a vet that they might not otherwise have needed.

Maybe we go into the season with what we have at DT.

I think they are willing to go with the guys they have and let them prove themselves this year. If they dont step up, next year will feature d line players.
Im ok with that mindset. Dont overpay, dont limit the playing time of the players we already have.

Hankins would make a lot of sense after ignoring DT the entire draft. This was a pretty deep draft at DT and a lot of teams filled that void. We could be one of Hankins' only opportunities to start. He's probably asking for too much money, but his market will come down now that so many potential suitors have filled that need.

I'm pretty sure Hayes is going to get a lot of snaps inside, especially on passing downs.

If I'm not mistaken we don't have the $ to sign Hankins. Suh's cap doesn't come off our books until June 1.
You are mistaken we get 17 million from cutting suh 6/1 giving us 20 million then after we sign rookies we should have 15 million

I’m down with a little post June 1 Hankypankins

Hankins would be great. Trade market is another option. Wonder who has depth?

There was some chatter about Brockers maybe being able to be traded for with the Suh signing.

Alot of us want something done, not sure the FO mindset is, maybe the Hayes move. I wouldn’t believe they are as concerned about it as me until they actually add a player.

You are mistaken we get 17 million from cutting suh 6/1 giving us 20 million then after we sign rookies we should have 15 million
Rookies will take 7.7mill so we'll have about 12 mill left. Need at least 5 mill for in season moves. We could bring in a vet DT

No need to wait till cuts can sign Hankins today. I do agree that there will be more options and June and even more after training camp. It's not like a defensive tackle can't join the team late in camp and still be productive. I'm sure they'll add someone to Phillips, Godcheaux, Taylor and Wright.

I think the salary cap is the biggest hurdle to signing FAs before June 1. Miami has something like 3 or 4 under the cap. Gotta sign draft picks as well. If Miami signs any FA before June 1 they will have to cut another player to manipulate the cap. That 10 million Miami blew on Cutler really hurts them.

Rookies will take 7.7mill so we'll have about 12 mill left. Need at least 5 mill for in season moves. We could bring in a vet DT

Not again, go back and read the information on rookie pools again. That isn't how it works man.

Redskins released Terrell McClain today. Started two games for Washington in 2017 and 15 for Dallas in 2016.

Back
Top Bottom