Dwayne Allen Signing Not A Good Sign For Dolphins Chris Grier | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dwayne Allen Signing Not A Good Sign For Dolphins Chris Grier

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usatsi_11148250.jpg

It’s too early to say whether Gesicki will work out as a pass-catching threat but he clearly isn’t a skilled blocker. To compensate for his known deficiency in this area, Grier also used a fourth round selection on TE Durham Smythe. Finally, since neither Gesicki nor Smythe looked ready as rookies, the Dolphins signed Nick O’Leary off their practice squad to a two year contract last year. That is three tight ends acquired under Grier’s ‘watch’ that have now been nullified by the free agent signing of Allen.

There are those that will point to the fact that releasing O’Leary would only count $100k against the cap. You’re right.

There are those that would say that Adam Gase was given control over the 53-man roster. Their right too.

That said, Grier was the “GM” and is supposed to be this ‘savant’ talent evaluator that is going to lead the Dolphins into the next “golden age” in franchise history. If that’s the case, how does he justify the signing of Allen?

https://phinphanatic.com/2019/03/10/dwayne-allen-signing-not-good-sign/

I would say the past 20 years have not been a good sign for Grier. But that’s me
No this would explain where much of my worries come from. Grier has been one of the major players in this hellhole of mediocrity that doomed us. Sure head had some nice picks over the years, but man when he misses he misses hard. Harris, Parker, that 2013 draft. There is reason to be concern

We knew when we drafted Gesicki that he was very inexperienced as a blocker. He had played wide receiver in high school where he displayed good catching skills and he just kept growing bigger and bigger to the point where he was considered big enough to play TE. At Penn State they continued to develop his pass catching skills and he had the speed to be an offensive weapon. Gesicki is around 6'5" and 248 lbs but there is scope for huge improvement in his physical strength to become a better blocker.
In stark contrast, Dwayne Allen is a great blocking TE. His best asset is his blocking skills. I have absolutely no problem at all with Allen's signing. Maybe he can help to improve Gesicki's blocking technique. As for Durham Smythe, he is also a development prospect. Let's see what the new coaching staff can do with Gesicki and Smythe before declaring disaster.

does this dude make money making shitty, baseless connections? taking the ****tarded "Gesicki is a bust" mentality as a basis for some insight? the internet was invented by brilliant people so assholes could represent knowledge

Back
Top Bottom