Dwyane Wade vs. Kobe Bryant - Who's Better?? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dwyane Wade vs. Kobe Bryant - Who's Better??

KOBE is better nuff said. Kobe can be double and triple team and still fight off defenders and make the shot. (ie. Last year final against the Pistons) DWADE hasn't even been double team yet by the Pistons. Kobe is CLUTCH, he has 17 Game Winning shots during the 3 championship run. Kobe only get better when the game is ending and on the line. Remember the lakers won the championship because of Kobe not shaq. Shaq was bricking free throws at the end of games in the playoffs. Kobe was draft out of high school and went to the LAKERS the premier basketball franchise that alone shows you he can handle big time pressure and expectation. Dwade went to marquette didn't leave until he junior year and went to miami with less expectation then the lakers. Dwade is good but KOBE By far is great.

Amars said:
KOBE is better nuff said. Kobe can be double and triple team and still fight off defenders and make the shot. (ie. Last year final against the Pistons) DWADE hasn't even been double team yet by the Pistons. Kobe is CLUTCH, he has 17 Game Winning shots during the 3 championship run. Kobe only get better when the game is ending and on the line. Remember the lakers won the championship because of Kobe not shaq. Shaq was bricking free throws at the end of games in the playoffs. Kobe was draft out of high school and went to the LAKERS the premier basketball franchise that alone shows you he can handle big time pressure and expectation. Dwade went to marquette didn't leave until he junior year and went to miami with less expectation then the lakers. Dwade is good but KOBE By far is great.

Wade is better NOW than Kobe was in his 4th year.....

And saying that they won championships because of Kobe and not SHAQ...well.....the evidence shows otherwise.

Amars said:

keep dreaming about kobe being the reason for those championships. it was the combination of kobe and shaq, and only one of those pieces was disposable. unfortunately for the lakers, they disposed of the wrong one.

kobe was a big reason the lakers lost the finals last year. put any half-decent, unselfish guard in his place and they have a shot. wade is smart enough to pass the ball when he's doubled. the lakers didn't get the ball in to shaq until luke walton saw time. go back and watch the tapes of last year's finals. how many times were other lakers hanging out, clapping their hands, while kobe went up against three defenders? it was unwatchable.

kobe can go on being great with a mediocre team in front of an empty gym. i think he's more suited for a 1-on-1 league. basketball is a team sport. and he probably won't figure that out until he's retired.

i'll take dwayne wade over kobe every time. hell, i'd take allen iverson over kobe every time. at least iverson can carry a team to the playoffs.

nyjunc said:
Kobe is a jerk and selfish but he is definitely the better player.

Yeah because those are some great qualities you mentioned there. :D

It's hard to say who has more talent. They are both pretty much dead even in all stats.

Kobe can hit the 3. Wade can't

People will probably disagree with me here, but I think Dwyane's mid-range jumper is coming along real well and is just about on par with Kobe.

They are even when it comes to driving to the lane.

I think Wade may have slightly better ball-handling ability.

Kobe already has 3 rings. Wade is just a sophmore.

I don't really know, i'd have a better assessment after Wade's been in the league a few more years.

Al13 said:
i dunno what you talking about, but the lakers in their 3 seasons when they won the championship, were a great defensive team, they showed some swagger, as they were kind of vanilla during the regular season and then once the playoffs started, they stepped it up defensively and they still hold the record for going undefeated in the playoffs on the road with sweeps of sacramento, san antonio respectively, you can´t do that if you play no D

I didnt say the played No D. I said they were never a great defensive team like the pistons were last year. If you think they were a great defensive team, more power to you.

I was on another message board and got into it with another member...it was fun! :D

He said:Anything is better then watching D-wade and shaq in the finals.

I said: D-Wade deserves whatever hype he gets (which still isn't as much as Carmelo gets). As of right now, he's the best 2nd year player in the league...yes and that includes LeBron (although I feel LeBron will have the better career when all is said and done)

He said: DWade deserves NO hype, Lebron is the best 2nd year player ever. If shaq were teamed with Lebron this series would have been a sweep. There is no way in HELL you can compare Wade to James. No way in hell.

I said: Wow your hatred for the Heat is really showing. For you to say Wade deserves no hype just shows your ignorance...or your lack of basic basketball knowledge (I'll go with ignorance) . Also the Wade/James comparison is valid at this point, but if you would have actually read my whole post you would've noticed I said that LeBron would finish with the better overall career.

duffman-1.gif

You just got OWNED...Ohhhhh Yeah!!! *starts thrusting*

DPlus47 said:
keep dreaming about kobe being the reason for those championships. it was the combination of kobe and shaq, and only one of those pieces was disposable. unfortunately for the lakers, they disposed of the wrong one.

I do agree that shaq and kobe together won the championship. But rememeber SHAQ couldn't do it in orlando with penny hardway and he couldn't do it with the lakers before KOBE. I believe the lakers had a better team to win a championship before kobe with Eddie Jones, George Lynch, Derick fisher, Rick Fox, Nick V. Exel and Shaq. I disagree that the lakers disposed of the wrong one. They didn't get enough value from the trade. If your going to trade away a allstar you need to get a all-star in return. First year with shaq will be good but just wait till the big dope goes back to his old ways.

On character and being a likable guy Dwade has Kobe there. But were talking pure all around skill in all aspect of the game. Offense Defense take over the game at the end. That What MJ did. He was great offensivly and great defensive but everyone all remember him taking over the game single handly by himself in the 4th. You don't thnk MJ ball hog. Damn that he was the king of ball hogging but he was great and we look pass that. Kobe has those intangible and that's why he being compared to MJ. Dwade is great but i don't think he at that same level as KOBE. Give him a couple year and hopefully he is. But not right now It's all hype.

Noodle Arm said:
I was on another message board and got into it with another member...it was fun! :D

He said:Anything is better then watching D-wade and shaq in the finals.

I said: D-Wade deserves whatever hype he gets (which still isn't as much as Carmelo gets). As of right now, he's the best 2nd year player in the league...yes and that includes LeBron (although I feel LeBron will have the better career when all is said and done)

He said: DWade deserves NO hype, Lebron is the best 2nd year player ever. If shaq were teamed with Lebron this series would have been a sweep. There is no way in HELL you can compare Wade to James. No way in hell.

I said: Wow your hatred for the Heat is really showing. For you to say Wade deserves no hype just shows your ignorance...or your lack of basic basketball knowledge (I'll go with ignorance) . Also the Wade/James comparison is valid at this point, but if you would have actually read my whole post you would've noticed I said that LeBron would finish with the better overall career.

duffman-1.gif

You just got OWNED...Ohhhhh Yeah!!! *starts thrusting*

clear.gif

"Some people just dont get it."

Amars said:
I do agree that shaq and kobe together won the championship. But rememeber SHAQ couldn't do it in orlando with penny hardway and he couldn't do it with the lakers before KOBE. I believe the lakers had a better team to win a championship before kobe with Eddie Jones, George Lynch, Derick fisher, Rick Fox, Nick V. Exel and Shaq.

?????? Mabey if that team had ever existed it would of been true. Really dont think you have a clue wtf you are talking about.

Ferretsquig said:
?????? Mabey if that team had ever existed it would of been true. Really dont think you have a clue wtf you are talking about.

all except Lynch did play in LA w/ Shaq.

you right lynch was gone at the end of 96 but he was there when shaq was there and he good defensively.

Ferretsquig stick to football because obvoiusly you don't know much about basketball with comments like that.

Amars said:
you right lynch was gone at the end of 96 but he was there when shaq was there and he good defensively.

Ferretsquig stick to football because obvoiusly you don't know **** about basketball with comments like that.

Lynch never played w/ Shaq, they had to get rid of him(and a few others) to create cap space to sign Shaq. Lynch's last year was '95-'6(the year LA lost to Houston in the 1st rd after Magic came back) and Shaq's first yr w/ LA was the following year og '96-'97(Kobe's rookie year as well)

Back
Top Bottom