Dwyane Wade vs. Kobe Bryant - Who's Better?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dwyane Wade vs. Kobe Bryant - Who's Better??

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
There's a lot of talk about Wade being the best player in the NBA. The next this, the next that. Better than this guy, better than that guy. Best guy to play with Shaq, etc. But lets put aside the hype and talk realisticly here.

Kobe vs. Wade. Who's the better player and why??

Muck said:
There's a lot of talk about Wade being the best player in the NBA. The next this, the next that. Better than this guy, better than that guy. Best guy to play with Shaq, etc. But lets put aside the hype and talk realisticly here.

Wade is a better team player.....when he wins a championship...he will be a better player hands down.

If Wade finishes the playoffs averaging as many points as he is averaging...he will be THIRD all-time in PPG in a playoffs......can anybody guess who are the two that would be ahead of him?

It's tough to say.. They both can win a ring with Shaq.

It's the one that can win a ring without the most dominant player in the NBA that answers the question.

I think we'll find out against San Antonio. The Pistons are regarded as the best defensive team in the league but the Spurs are a close second. If Wade carries the Heat to victory, as he's done all playoffs, over the Spurs, he takes the crown over Kobe. The only advantage Kobe has right now is the championships and until Wade wins one, I think it's hard to say he's the better player.
A player's greatness is partly measured by championships therefore I'll hold out my vote until after the NBa playoffs.

I think Kobe is unquestionably the better jump and free throw shooter. As far as driving to the basket, it's hard to image players better than Kobe. But this is Wade's game. IMO, he gets the edge in that category. Both players have proven their abilities in the clutch.

I don't know who's better defensively. Kobe made 1st team All-Defense three times and 2nd team once. Wade joined the 2nd team this year. Kobe is taller and lankier. Today, I think Wade has the edge defensively.

As a person and a teammate, Wade hands down. He understands the team concept and has no problem getting his teammates involved or playing second fiddle to Shaq.

If Wade carries this team to the Finals (and wins it all), he's unquestionably better than Kobe because he'll have earned a title against the two best defensive teams (and TEAMS overall) with an ailing, 32-year old Shaq (among others). Not some outclassed New Jersey or Indiana. Not an overmateched and injured Philadelphia. No, San Antonio and Detriot, the last two NBA champions basically at full strength.

Section126 said:
If Wade finishes the playoffs averaging as many points as he is averaging...he will be THIRD all-time in PPG in a playoffs......can anybody guess who are the two that would be ahead of him?

I don't know how that's correct. Am I misunderstanding you??

Wade is averaging 29.2 ppg in 11 games this postseason. Kobe had 29.4 in '01 (16 games) and 32.1 in '03 (12 games). Chamberlain averaged well over 30 several times. Jordan averaged 33.4 his entire career. :eek:

Muck said:
I think Kobe is unquestionably the better jump and free throw shooter. As far as driving to the basket, it's hard to image players better than Kobe. But this is Wade's game. IMO, he gets the edge in that category. Both players have proven their abilities in the clutch.

I don't know who's better defensively. Kobe made 1st team All-Defense three times and 2nd team once. Wade joined the 2nd team this year. Kobe is taller and lankier. Today, I think Wade has the edge defensively.

As a person and a teammate, Wade hands down. He understands the team concept and has no problem getting his teammates involved or playing second fiddle to Shaq.

If Wade carries this team to the Finals (and wins it all), he's unquestionably better than Kobe because he'll have earned a title against the two best defensive teams (and TEAMS overall) with an ailing, 32-year old Shaq (among others). Not some outclassed New Jersey or Indiana. Not an overmateched and injured Philadelphia. No, San Antonio and Detriot, the last two NBA champions basically at full strength.

I don't know how that's correct. Am I misunderstanding you??

Wade is averaging 29.2 ppg in 11 games this postseason. Kobe had 29.4 in '01 (16 games) and 32.1 in '03 (12 games). Chamberlain averaged well over 30 several times. Jordan averaged 33.4 his entire career. :eek:

The STAT was highest ppg, rebounds, and assists combined.......Chamberlain and Jordan were tops...Kobe was a close third....

Wade

Just from watching the two you can see who's better. Kobe is a ballhog. Even with Shaq on his team he would take on double and triple teams without giving the ball up. Wade actually knows there isn't an "I" in team. But there is a "me" :tongue:.

Muck said:

I would have to say at this point that Kobe is the better player only because he has proven he can win a championship. It is obvious that Wade is a far better person and teammate but as it goes on the court Kobe has the rings and Wade doesn't (at least not yet). I think to really be able to determine who is the better player we will all have to wait until Shaq retires and then Wade has his "own team" much like Kobe does now because at this point they have both proven they can play with Shaq.

As far as Wade being the best player in the league those must be some biased Miami fans because I'm sorry to say but he isn't even the best player in his draft class. Lebron, Duncan, Garnett, and maybe even Shaq and Steve Nash have to be considered better players at this time IMO.

Even when looking at this from an unbiased perspective, you still have to go with D-Wade. I'm sorry, but I'd argue Wade over any guard in the NBA. Kobe Bryant is a better shooter, and right now he has more experience and achievements, but Wade is the better player. Wade is a better passer, a better attacker, a better defender(more so off the ball), and most importantly...a FAR better team player. In a league with such a bad reputation, you have to put that into play as well, and Wade is probably the most humble player in the entire league.

This kid needs more endorsements..

after the game yesterday, Shaq said that Wade was the best Basketball player in the world, and i agree

X-Con said:
Even when looking at this from an unbiased perspective, you still have to go with D-Wade. I'm sorry, but I'd argue Wade over any guard in the NBA. Kobe Bryant is a better shooter, and right now he has more experience and achievements, but Wade is the better player. Wade is a better passer, a better attacker, a better defender(more so off the ball), and most importantly...a FAR better team player. In a league with such a bad reputation, you have to put that into play as well, and Wade is probably the most humble player in the entire league.

This kid needs more endorsements..

I do love the way Wade plays......

That being said their comparitive skill level isnt all that close. Wade isnt a very good ballhandler and doesnt see the court well when he drives. He is probably the quickest guy I've seen outside Iverson and can drive by anyone. But its a bit of a stretch to say hes a better passer than Kobe. He does pass it more often though..

Kobe is a jerk and selfish but he is definitely the better player. As great as Wade has been he hasn't approached what Kobe was pre-arrest. Wade is quicker and tougher to keep in front of you but Kobe has so many more ways to score than Wade(Kobe can handle the ball, has a wide array of post moves, can nail the 3, can drive, dish,... He can do it all) and is also one of the game's best defenders(at least he used to be). This is not a knock on Wade who is a great player but Kobe is better and it's really not that close.

nyjunc said:
Kobe is a jerk and selfish but he is definitely the better player. As great as Wade has been he hasn't approached what Kobe was pre-arrest. Wade is quicker and tougher to keep in front of you but Kobe has so many more ways to score than Wade(Kobe can handle the ball, has a wide array of post moves, can nail the 3, can drive, dish,... He can do it all) and is also one of the game's best defenders(at least he used to be). This is not a knock on Wade who is a great player but Kobe is better and it's really not that close.

The only thing Wade doesn't have that Kobe has is a three point shot.

Wade is a better passer...Kobe doesn't pass...so we don't know if he can actually do it. WADE

Wade gets to the basket better....WADE

Wade was 2nd Team all-defense in his second year....Kobe is great on the ball....KOBE

Handling the ball? Wade handles it most of the game....when you go to the basket as much as he does..you are gonna turn it over.....WADE

Shooting? Wade has a much higher fg%....Wade has also developed that 15 to 20 footer......But Kobe has a 3 pt. shot.......PUSH

Intangibles? Wade hands down......WADE

Saying that it is not even close and that Kobe is clearly better is not very intelligent....seeing of course as WADE was 2nd team ALL NBA.....and Kobe was not.....

We are talking about a second year player here folks....please look at what he is doing.

Wade is the better player now but if he can't keep up the way hes playing this season I think at the end of both careers Kobe might be considered the better player. Damn I really hated saying that considering i hate Kobe even before he got charged with that BS

Back
Top Bottom