Dwyane Wade vs. Kobe Bryant - Who's Better?? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dwyane Wade vs. Kobe Bryant - Who's Better??

nyjunc said:
Kobe came outy a year after Garnett and KG is the one who re-started this trend of HS to the NBA. Garnett, Kobe, O'Neal and McGrady all took many years to adjust. They did not come in and play like stars right away.

It took O'Neal until his SIXTH season before he became a good player, Kobe was an All Star in yr 2. McGrady didn't become a star until year FOUR.

Keep trying.

Just because someone makes an all-star team doesnt make them good. The all-star game is just a popularity contest. Yao has made the all star game two or three times.

I dont know if it was in his 2nd or 3rd year but in one series against the Jazz, Kobe shot 3 straight airball from three point range giving the game and the series to the jazz.

VJ1252 said:
Just because someone makes an all-star team doesnt make them good. The all-star game is just a popularity contest. Yao has made the all star game two or three times.

I dont know if it was in his 2nd or 3rd year but in one series against the Jazz, Kobe shot 3 straight airball from three point range giving the game and the series to the jazz.

I agree about AS appearances, he didn't deserve it in yr 2 but he did there after.

As for the Utah series, Utah absolutely owneed the Lakers. Shaquille could not deal w/ the pick and roll and the series was over and the only guy left trying was Kobe but he was a rookie and 2nd yr player so he was overmatched. Remember Kobe didn't have an NBA body until about yr 3 or 4.

nyjunc said:
I agree about AS appearances, he didn't deserve it in yr 2 but he did there after.

As for the Utah series, Utah absolutely owneed the Lakers. Shaquille could not deal w/ the pick and roll and the series was over and the only guy left trying was Kobe but he was a rookie and 2nd yr player so he was overmatched. Remember Kobe didn't have an NBA body until about yr 3 or 4.

What does having an NBA body have to do with shot selection? And as bad as Shaq may have been against the pick and roll he was still great on offense, Kobe could have thrown it in to him instead of jacking up airballs.

VJ1252 said:
What does having an NBA body have to do with shot selection? And as bad as Shaq may have been against the pick and roll he was still great on offense, Kobe could have thrown it in to him instead of jacking up airballs.

he wore down late in games and he was a year out of HS, his teammates just let him fend for himself after they gave up. As for Shaq, his offense has nothing to do w/ it. The Lakers got torched by Utah b/c they couldn't play D.

nyjunc said:
he wore down late in games and he was a year out of HS, his teammates just let him fend for himself after they gave up. As for Shaq, his offense has nothing to do w/ it. The Lakers got torched by Utah b/c they couldn't play D.

What does wearing down or his teammates have to do with 3 STRAIGHT AIR-BALLS? What did you want his teammates to do grab the ball from him? Maybe if it was 1 or 2 it would be different. Any player who wasnt shot-happy like Kobe would have passed it or drove after the first two. And if I remember correctly they were all early in the shot clock and with someone in his face. And the lakers were never a great defensive team but they managed to overcome that with by giving Shaq the ball more,some new players, and the development of Kobe.

Ferretsquig said:
There is a reason Damon is the point on this team, and hes a lousy ballhandler as well.

Yeah, and that reason is the simple fact that Rasual Butler is an awful starter. We don't have another option. Besides, with Shaq in there...it's very important to have atleast 2 reliable three-point shooters in your line-up(yeah, I know Raz is good from downtown, but he's not as good as Damon Jones in that category or anything else, except for defense).

Damon Jones is listed as the starting PG, but Dwyane Wade is the one who handles the ball. All DJ does is bring the ball up the court because Wade is better off the ball.

I would take Wade or Kobe any day....yes, Kobe might score a little more but it is all about KOBE,,,,,he doesn't make his teammates better the way Wade does.

That's the difference between the two....Kobe has three rings but he has them
because of Shaq.

X-Con said:
Yeah, and that reason is the simple fact that Rasual Butler is an awful starter. We don't have another option. Besides, with Shaq in there...it's very important to have atleast 2 reliable three-point shooters in your line-up(yeah, I know Raz is good from downtown, but he's not as good as Damon Jones in that category or anything else, except for defense).

Damon Jones is listed as the starting PG, but Dwyane Wade is the one who handles the ball. All DJ does is bring the ball up the court because Wade is better off the ball.

Are you sure because I thoguht Raz's major flaw was his D?

DolFan31 said:
Are you sure because I thoguht Raz's major flaw was his D?

Yeah, along with consistency, however.....DJ's defense is just that bad.

VJ1252 said:
What does wearing down or his teammates have to do with 3 STRAIGHT AIR-BALLS? What did you want his teammates to do grab the ball from him? Maybe if it was 1 or 2 it would be different. Any player who wasnt shot-happy like Kobe would have passed it or drove after the first two. And if I remember correctly they were all early in the shot clock and with someone in his face. And the lakers were never a great defensive team but they managed to overcome that with by giving Shaq the ball more,some new players, and the development of Kobe.

The guy was about 19 years old just out of HS, he didn't have the benefit of being in College for 3 years allowing his body to mature. Those airballs weren't about Kobe being "selfish" it was about his teammates who quit and allowed him to do that, to Kobe's credit he got over that. many players would have seen their careers go downhill after something like that especially at a fragile point in his career.

i agree, wade is probably ahead of kobe in terms of how they played in their 2nd years in the league, wade has to get the edge here, but overall kobe is still the better player imo, kobe has that 3pt shot, better defense and ball handling skills,shooting wise, i have to admit that i didn´t saw so many heat games last year, but this season, i think besides the 1st detroit game, i didn´t saw wade put up any bricks or ill advised shots like kobe is putting them up from time to time, i think we don´t have to argue who the better team player is, its obvious that this is wade

VJ1252 said:

i dunno what you talking about, but the lakers in their 3 seasons when they won the championship, were a great defensive team, they showed some swagger, as they were kind of vanilla during the regular season and then once the playoffs started, they stepped it up defensively and they still hold the record for going undefeated in the playoffs on the road with sweeps of sacramento, san antonio respectively, you can´t do that if you play no D

Back
Top Bottom