Eagles looking at Ogun | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eagles looking at Ogun

ajdoggie

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/7767731.htm

The Dolphins' Adewale Ogunleye, who had an AFC-high 15 sacks, is a restricted free agent. But the Eagles probably could put together an offer that would make the Dolphins think twice about matching it.

The compensation price of first- and third-round picks would be negotiable, particularly if the Eagles dangled a promising young quarterback like A.J. Feeley (also a restricted free agent) in front of the Fish.

A.J. Feeley is he a starting QB possibility, this would be like starting all over again when they traded for Fielder.

So the 1st & 3rd is sounding realistic, I didn't think it would. We shouldn't back down much on that price then. Make it a first & a fourth this year or a first this year & a third next year.

Originally posted by ajdoggie

A.J. Feeley is he a starting QB possibility, this would be like starting all over again when they traded for Fielder.
A.J. Feeley w/b a nice pickup to compete for the #1 job - a lot like when Jay and Damon competed.

Can you trade RFA's for each other - I kinda doubt it, but maybe the trade w/b approved if both players approved it

on Freeley

Guiding the team to a four and one record as a starter and gaining the respect of his teammates, Feeley developed into a leader on this team.

Judging from Feeley’s ability to read defenses and from his pinpoint accuracy and touch passes, he could be a starting quarterback somewhere in this league.
http://eagles.theinsiders.com/2/162643.html

Their first round pick is too low. I would rather dish him off to somebody like Detroit who has a real decent first round pick.

Ogunleye for a good first this year and a third this year. Otherwise we jsut pissed away our 3rd best defensive player.

Originally posted by chambers84
Their first round pick is too low. I would rather dish him off to somebody like Detroit who has a real decent first round pick.

That is too much of a long shot to me. I don't know about Feely and their 1st, because their 1st/3rd sounds a bit better.

Call me crazy but i like the idea of Feeley coming to Miami. I always liked the guy. Think he could be a starter somewhere too. Not saying we should trade Ogun for a 1st and him but i would like to see about picking him up somehow.

Miami doesnt choose who they want to deal with.. If a team wants Ogun bad enough, like say the Eagles, they could just offer him a big time contract and Miami can do absolutely nothing about it..

Originally posted by chambers84

You've gotta be realistic. Nobody is gonna give us a top 10 pick for Ogunleye. I'll take any first rounder we can get even if it is #28. That's a good spot to take OT/G Vernon Carey, QB JP Losman, a DT, or to trade down 10 spots to take Rivers if that's Dan's man.

i don't know about trading down 10 spots to get Rivers...we could probably get him at #20 where we are...if we plan on giving up our 2 first rounders our own and the one for o-gun (if that happens) if we decide to trade it should only be for spot #1 or #2...Eli or Ben...that's all...I actually would not mind keeping both first round picks!!!

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Miami doesnt choose who they want to deal with.. If a team wants Ogun bad enough, like say the Eagles, they could just offer him a big time contract and Miami can do absolutely nothing about it..

If that team wants to give up a first and third pick for him that is.

The Eagles are dreamin'..........they are crazy if they think they can negotiate on that 1st and 3rd....

We should re-sign him if that is what Ogun will bring....the 28th pick sucks.

With a #20 and #28.. You're looking at Michael Clayton and Phillip Rivers..

With the 2 3rd rounders, there are very good lineman to choose from there,..

Miami didn't trade for Fiedler, but I would not take a 1st and AJ Feeley.. Give me the 1st and 3rd.. Thank you very much

You're right, they didn't trade for Fielder. :hitself:

Back
Top Bottom