Eagles looking at Ogun | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eagles looking at Ogun

Originally posted by Stamos
Did anyone bother to notice that this is a "to do" list writen by a sportswriter, not the EAGLES.

Yes but everybody knows Philly's willing to do it. Remember the guy from Green Bay with the funny name who is only a pass rusher (doesn't play run downs). They tried to sign him as an RFA last year and it forced Green Bay to plunk down a $13 million signing bonus.

And during this year their sacks got even worse. Trust me if we leave Ogun out there and there isn't any other FA DE's (ie: Kearse) to go after they WILL put in a bid.

Remember they also spent their 1st rounder on one last year who didn't pay off for them.

Not interested in AJ Feeley either and I certainly would not want him in lieu of a 3rd rounder.

I got a question though. Aside from New England, what teams have two 1st round picks? Cuz those would prolly be the likeliest candidates to consider a first round RFA tender.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Not interested in AJ Feeley either and I certainly would not want him in lieu of a 3rd rounder.

I got a question though. Aside from New England, what teams have two 1st round picks? Cuz those would prolly be the likeliest candidates to consider a first round RFA tender.

I don't think any teams other than NE do (but I could be wrong). NE has 2 1sts along with 2 2nds....they gotta be lovin' that!

Their organization is clicking on all cylinders....I wonder if they'd be willing to trade any of their Refs for a 1st round pick? ;)

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Yes but everybody knows Philly's willing to do it. Remember the guy from Green Bay with the funny name who is only a pass rusher (doesn't play run downs). They tried to sign him as an RFA last year and it forced Green Bay to plunk down a $13 million signing bonus.
There was no trying to sign KGB. They met with him, and decided not to offer him a contract.

I'm not quite sure why GB re-signed him. The signing certainly wasn't forced by the Eagles.

I have a couple comments regarding this situation.

1. Is Miami definately going to give Ogun the 1st & 3rd tender?

2. No way in hell Reid gives up a 1st & 3rd for Ogun. A 1st maybe, but not both. He loves his picks too much!

3. Keep in mind that we have Jamal Green and Derrick Burgess returning from injury next season, as well as McDougle who might progress some. Toss in Whiting & Kalu, and that's a decent rotation at DE. It's not as glaring a need as LB, CB, or WR.

4. If you guys think that you are going to get a QB better than AJ Feeley in the 3rd round, you're crazy. I'm not saying that Feeley should start in Miami, but a late-3rd rounder for an experienced backup QB who can compete for starter isn't too shabby.

If we got a QB that has proven he can play and a first rounder for a possible one year wonder on the other side of the line from Taylor I say we would be stupid not to take that deal.

Originally posted by Bl¡tz Inc
I have a couple comments regarding this situation.

1. Is Miami definately going to give Ogun the 1st & 3rd tender?

2. No way in hell Reid gives up a 1st & 3rd for Ogun. A 1st maybe, but not both. He loves his picks too much!

3. Keep in mind that we have Jamal Green and Derrick Burgess returning from injury next season, as well as McDougle who might progress some. Toss in Whiting & Kalu, and that's a decent rotation at DE. It's not as glaring a need as LB, CB, or WR.

4. If you guys think that you are going to get a QB better than AJ Feeley in the 3rd round, you're crazy. I'm not saying that Feeley should start in Miami, but a late-3rd rounder for an experienced backup QB who can compete for starter isn't too shabby.

1. Yes he will get a first and third round tender.

2. If he doesn't want to give up his picks there are other teams who will.

3. Those guys might be alright but, they aren't Ogunleye. Ogunleye would have a major impact.

4. I'll take the third rounder.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

I don't think any teams other than NE do (but I could be wrong). NE has 2 1sts along with 2 2nds....they gotta be lovin' that!

Their organization is clicking on all cylinders....I wonder if they'd be willing to trade any of their Refs for a 1st round pick? ;)

Oh ya....and in relation to my last sentence (and not in relation to this thread....sorry)...evidently the NFL isn't happy enough with the point spread in the SB, they want the dome open in Houston.

Just thought that kinda funny..........

LOL Navy.

Anyway Blitz dude, no I don't think AJ Feeley is worth a 3rd rounder because we're not drafting a QB in the 3rd round. Besides, last year Chris Simms went at the bottom of the 3rd round and if I had to choose from AJ Feeley and Chris Simms, I'd take Simms. He's not worth a 3rd because of what ELSE we could get in the 3rd especially with this WR pool being so talented and deep this year.

If it was the Eagles signing Ogun, unless they broke the bank for him, I would match the offer. Having two DEs who can rush the passer consistently is just too valuable, and you don't miss it until you don't have it anymore.

There was no trying to sign KGB. They met with him, and decided not to offer him a contract.

Talk about rewriting history. Philly had extensive contract talks. In the end Philly just did not offer the money Green Bay put on the table which forced them to back off. Philly just got shocked that his agent had the balls to walk in and ask for a $14 million signing bonus. Philly was offering $8-9 million in signing bonus which forced Green Bay to step up. If they hadn't stepped up he'd be in Philly.

As for whether Miami will stick the 1st and 3rd on him I guess it depends on what they see the market for on him and whether they think they can resign him. Depending on that then they will make their choice.

Remember this offseason we are going to see whether the Redskins bold moves last offseason are the start of a RFA buying spree or not.

As for the Feely bit ick. I could see a deal worked out if they decided that they wanted to let him go and didn't think anyone would bite on a 1st/3rd tag and they were trying to milk out more then a first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't the Raiders still getting the Bucs pick for the Gruden deal?

Damn this sucks, i hope it doesnt go through.....wed be getting ripped off....The Eagles dont draft till wayyyy LATER than us, and AJ Feeley is nothing but a 2nd stringer at best.....I dont think hes proven anything and when he played for the injured MCNabb and Detmer, i think he was a fluke just riding the momentum.

Well if Miami does tender him a 1st & 3rd, it might actually hurt you guys.

GB only offered KGB a 1st, and they ended up giving him a 13million signing bonus. You know how these agents like to use precidents.

Go ahead and offer him 1st & 3rd Tender. He'll be asking for AT LEAST 13million up front. :lol:

Well if Miami does tender him a 1st & 3rd, it might actually hurt you guys.

GB only offered KGB a 1st, and they ended up giving him a 13million signing bonus. You know how these agents like to use precidents.

Go ahead and offer him 1st & 3rd Tender. He'll be asking for AT LEAST 13million up front. :lol:

That is if we franchise player him....if we tender we owe him a 1.9 million 1 year contract......

BTW, nice to see you again Blitz Inc., How come you weren't on the boards since sunday? :evil:

Back
Top Bottom