Eagles looking at Ogun | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eagles looking at Ogun

Originally posted by Section126

That is if we franchise player him....if we tender we owe him a 1.9 million 1 year contract......

BTW, nice to see you again Blitz Inc., How come you weren't on the boards since sunday? :evil:
That's what the Packers thought last year, was it not?

I can't be sporting a Duce av now that he's not an Eagle anymore :( I've been working on this new av since Sunday, that and regular visits to my shrink :hitself:

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Miami doesnt choose who they want to deal with.. If a team wants Ogun bad enough, like say the Eagles, they could just offer him a big time contract and Miami can do absolutely nothing about it..

wow, ive been waiting for that.:rolleyes:

Philly has bank to spend. if we do get phillys picks, i say get rivers at 20 and trade down a few spots to bottom of 1st and then maybe trade down again, depending on which linemen you want and then you have a bunch of seconds to build your line with. :D

I love A.J. Feeley. If the dolphins got this kid, they wouldn't be disappointed. Carolina made it to the SuperBowl with a lesser QB in my opinion.
When watching him play, he showed leadership like Dan Marino use to. I was shocked to say the least.

I doubt this deal would happen though. Philly wouldn't give up a first round pick.

Its all just media hype. I do hope A. J comes to a team like the dolphins though. I enjoyed watching him play.

If we are losing ogun either way, either this year or next, sure id prefer and early #1, but would the eagles really be that terrible.

were not going to have the firepower to move up for a big qb or OL, doesnt make sense to move up for a WR.... the end of the first round is perfect for us, picks wise (Rivers and carey, clayton, or jenkins). Sure it would stink because we couldnt trade down much to gain even more picks, but if we had 2 1sts and 2 3rds, even late, it would not bother me come draft day. However, if we stand pat with all our current draft positions i think we will be severely disappointed at the end of the draft.

I wouldn't mind keeping Ogun. He's won us a few games. David Bowens won't be the same after his injury and Bates' blitz schemes are often picked up. The Top Sack leader is worth more than a high first round draft pick. Keep Ogun unless it's a top ten pick IMO.

wish it were that simple, but if we match an offer one of these teams will likely throw at him it will seriously hurt our chances of signing any big free agents on the offensive side of the ball, since the teams vying for ogun are likely to provide a contract both beneficial to him and detrimental to us, in order to keep us from matching.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
wish it were that simple, but if we match an offer one of these teams will likely throw at him it will seriously hurt our chances of signing any big free agents on the offensive side of the ball, since the teams vying for ogun are likely to provide a contract both beneficial to him and detrimental to us, in order to keep us from matching.

Oh you can bet your azz that if a team offers him an amount that he likes, we won't be able to touch it.

Originally posted by Stamos
I go to Eagles training camp every year, so I've seen alot of Feely. He's really no different then Sage Rosenfels, and Sage might actually have a stronger arm. Feely got some publicity after going 4-1 to end the 2002 season after McNabb got hurt. But watching just about everyone of those games, Feely had as much to do with those wins as the punter. His game management skills are pretty good, but his abilities otherwise are average.

He's no upgrade at the QB spot in 2004. AJ was last years Tim Rattay.

I watched Feely play those games in relief of McNabb and Detmer too when he went 4-1. I see a little more in Feely than what you stated. Feely makes very good decisions with the ball and has a better arm than Fiedler and Griese. He may have been last year's Rattay but that is better than last year's Fiedler or Griese. I have an option, it may be a little out there for some of you but let's entertain this offer for a minute (for fun):

Say we took the offer. I would let go of Jay and Griese(of course). We sign a veteran QB at #1 (Warner, Bulger, Brunnell, you fill in the blank), than we would have Sage at #2 and Feely at #3 (until he picks up the system). I still would sign Ricky Ray to battle Feely and Sage. If Ricky Ray is the total package that people claim he is, than Sage (even though I like him) could be expendable. We could sign Ricy Ray for cheap and let go of Sage. Doing all of this (releasing Fiedler, Griese, Sage, and trading O-Gun) could save us a great deal of money and we would have a good young core of QBs (with starting experience) backing up our veteran pickup, plus some relief on our cap.

If this happens, then once again (I know this won't sit well w/some of you), drafting a QB would not be as high as a priority as it is now, but we would have 2 #1 picks to go with and two young QBs. We could go OL and WR in the first round to go along with our improved and revamped QB corp.

It could look like this:

QB's
Mark Brunell or Marc Bulger, Kitna, Couch etc.
AJ Feely
Ricky Ray

Draft Results (including O-Gun trade)
1a. WR - Rashaun Woods, Reggie Williams or Mark Clayton
1b. OT- OG Vernon Carey (you gotta love his versatility to play both positions, him and C-G Seth McKinney could be interchangeable on the line)
3. WR - Devery or Moran

I would consider this to be a very good start to the off-season. It may be a little radical for some, but I think it's a good one because it brings in some good young talent to fills our most crucial voids.

:cool:

Continued from previous post........

Or we could forget about signing Ricky Ray and draft a QB with pick 1a. It could look like this.

Veteran QB (mentioned in earlier post)
AJ Feely
Philip Rivers or JP Losman

Draft (including O-Gun Trade)
1a. Philip Rivers or JP Losman
1b. Vernon Carey
3a. Devery or Moran

This too would be a great start to the offseason.

continued from previous post......

This scenario is a little more risky, but you can see the options we can go with if opportunity was to prevent itself.

QBs
Veteran QB (mentioned earlier)
AJ Feely
Matt Schaub

Draft (including O-Gun)
1a. Reggie Williams, Mark Clayton, Rashaun Woods etc.
1b. Vernon Carey
3. Matt Schaub

Now, I know this trade is unlikely to happened, but since the thread brought up this topic, I though it would be interesting to look at the different scenarios.

Originally posted by MNFINFAN
I don't know man taking Schaub would break Clump's heart :D, then all we would get from him is how we are in Cap Hell!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I keep hearing people say Ogunleye is a one-year wonder. Do we forget that he had 9 sacks the year before this past season?

Back
Top Bottom