Eddie Moore | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eddie Moore

Originally posted by Prime Time

This is true...I would have preferred Boldin over Moore because Boldin is a playmaker and would be a great addition opposite of CC. I really would have preferred Boldin on this team as we lack a 2nd WR, BUT it'stoo late..I just want to know if the playmaking ability that I heard Moore has is true and If he indeed does play in similar style to Derrick Brooks.

yeah we shoulda double bagged it.:cool:

look next year will be different. everyone will know who they are . i guarrantee they wont have the kind of seasons they had this year. except Calico, i think hes legit.

Hindsight is 20-20 guys. Why isn't anyone clamoring about us not picking up Kelley Washington, who was the one that people were crazy about on these boards??? Wanna know why??? Because he has not played that well!!! I have watched FSU for years and let me tell you that Anquan Boldin play was not exactly screaming "STAR!" at you. While I did not like the pick of Eddie Moore and would have rather had a WR, I'm not overly upset about this because just as easily if we had picked Boldin he could have gotten hurt (a la Yatil Green) and looked like a bust, while Eddie Moore could turned into a star somewhere else. Then the thread title would be "Why didn't we pick Eddie Moore when we had a chance??" Point is at WR you never know who is going to light it up (with the exception of the top tier WR, which Boldin was certainly not) and who is not. Before the season, no one knew that Thompson would play as bad as he has, just as no one (no one who isn't lying at least) would bet on Boldin having the success he has had.

To the guy who said that Moore was not the 10th best player at LB but the 10th best at Tennesee (which really isn't true, only Kelley Washington and Jason Whitten were players that should have, based on their play at Tennessee, been drafted before him), coming out of college, many were saying that Boldin wasn't even the best WR in his 2002 FSU WR corps (with Robert Morgan starting ahead of Boldin at the start of 2002 before being injured and Talman Gardner playing as well as Boldin did, if not better; this being said before Gardner's arrest). You also have to remember, he had an ACL tear in 2001, ran a 4.73 at the combine (which was .13 seconds SLOWER than Moore's 40 time, and yes Moore also was slowed b/c of a knee injury at the combine) and only one full year playing Wide Receiver at FSU, so he wasn't exactly the safest bet of the WR bunch.

Yes, I was angry when we didn't pick up a WR but NO, I wasn't and still am not angry that we didn't pick up Boldin and that Boldin is having a great year. That's just the way the draft is. Wait a couple of years before saying that one is a bust while the other is a star though.

Last edited by a moderator:
We needed an impact oplayer. We want to win NOW not LATER. Boldin would have made an impact even If he were 4th string WR....because when we drafted Moore we said he was for "Special Team" purposes.

Originally posted by Phishstix

actually, boldin runs a 4.6

Boldin's ankle was hurt when he clocked in the 40. He has speed.

No, we need to win BOTH now and later. It is not a now or later type thing. And no, had Moore not gotten injured he would have started at some point during this season.

You are talking out of your ***. He was losing the battle clearly to Morlon. Maybe the day that Seau got injured, but Hendricks did not do that bad of a job. When you are the 10th best player coming into the draft from your college team, you should not be picked even. By the way Kelley Washington has made some catches and today especially for his team.

Bologna...read any article written from when moore got injured and all of 'em say that he was expected to push greenwood for his spot. Read any camp review and you will hear the same. Hendricks does not play his positon (hendricks is the back up MLB, moore is a WSLB) and thus how he plays does not matter.

BTW Kelley Washington has had 16 catches for 185 yards; compare that to Derrius Thompson's 24 catches for 224 yards. He's having a sub Thomspn year in terms of impact.

Is Kelley Washington starting on a team with some talented WRs? Yes. Derrius Thompson? No. By the way several people on this board actually saw Moore play in camp and he was no more impressive than Greenwood.

The point is most of us wanted a WR (I personally would have been happy with Washinton, Calico, Burleson, or Boldin). It was a major need. I even thought we might select OT Waybe Hunter. Eddie Moore was just a MAJOR reach. Boldin is the guy we had on the phone at the time and instead went with Eddie Moore. Moore was picked WAY too high. We could have selected 2.Boldin 3a.W. Smith 3b.Eddie Moore. He would have still been there. He had known injuries and every draft critic out there ripped us to shreds about this selection saying we picked him way too early. Facts are facts!!!!!

Originally posted by Rrodr038
Bologna...read any article written from when moore got injured and all of 'em say that he was expected to push greenwood for his spot. Read any camp review and you will hear the same.

How many other times has Wanny told the media a player was looking great and then they never play or are cut??? TONS!!!!!
He has to cover his @ss!!! Players that were "supposed" to be solid as said by Wanny this preseason alone.

1. JR Tolver- never saw active duty, got hurt
2. Taylor Whitley- looks like a bust
3. Korey Banks- cut
4. Marco Battaglia- cut
5. Jamar Fletcher- we all know about him
6. Omare Lowe- cut
7. Tim Provost- camp fodder
8. Sage Rosenfels- afraid to ever put in game
9. Seth McKinney- played the best vs. Washington and will start, yet when gametime comes around, back to the bench
10. Derrius Thompson- incredible in camp (has like 15 catches this year)

Just some examples of what we are told by WANNY. Fact is Morlon was outperforming him the entire preseason and Eddie Moore would have been a second round special teamer, whereas a receiver would have gotten play time!!!!

This isn't from what Wanny said, this is from writers' views, as well as those who went to camp. Wanny can say whatever he wants, but if someone was struggling we would hear about it, either through the newspaper or here. I remember reading many camp reports about the kid's speed and coverage ability and how that would be the competition to watch along the preseason stretch.

Point is the media was well aware of the kids abilities from camp to say that he was pushing for a spot, this wasn't just Wanne-speak.

Secondly, at the time of the draft, we had no idea that our WR corps would perform so badly (outside of Chambers). Derrius was supposed to be Oronde with speed and McKnight was supposed to thrive as the 3rd wide out. Between the draft, the NFLE players and the other practice squad players, as well as Charlie Rogers and Oronde and other vets that we were looking at, we would have our 4 and 5 receivers, which wouldn't see too much action anyway because of our focus on running formations (no 4 or 5 wr sets) and because of the emergence of Randy McMicheal. Best case scenario (from before the draft), we draft a fourth wr with our first pick in the second round of the draft. They (Dolphin's FO) thought they could get more value by drafting a more raw WR (which they could polish for next year or the year after) later in the draft.

Again, I just want to reiterate, I did not and still do not, agree with drafting an LB and I did want a WR, but I just feel that this whole thread is a matter of hindsight. It's easy to look back, play Armchair Front Office and say "Hey we should've drafted him" and actually condemn a front office for it. I feel it's unfair to say that Moore is a bust because of an injury (a fluke one that had nothing to do with any injury he had in his college career). And I feel it's ignorant to say that Boldin was the obvious pick. Hell, as I posted earlier he had much worse injuries coming out of college than Moore did (torn ACL, missed the entire 2001 season), he played exactly one full season of WR in his life which he started the season expecting to to be the 3rd string QB, but moved back to WR after injuries to the incumbent starter, and he played well but didn't exactly light it up at FSU. Now that the kid is a 1,000 yard WR everyone says they wanted him in April. But believe me, I read most of the mock drafts on here, as well as the draft discussions, not many wanted him. Maybe Jaj did (I don't remember if he did or didn't, have to take his word for it), but many others did not.

No it's not a matter of hindsight because first of all the LB they picked could have been better and second OL, then WR, then LB were our biggest needs. Fine let's go with the Eddie Moore pick, but why not Brandon Lloyd at the end of the third? Or Justin Gage?

Again, I have no problem with that. In fact, I wanted a WR with the first pick. Wasn't really referring to Moore when I said that it was a matter of hindsight. The "hindsight" part comes in when people say we should have specifically gotten Boldin and then say that the front office blows because they passed on him, like he was Randy f'ing Moss or something.

Arggh!

The fact that some people are still defending the Moore pick drives me nutzoid!! I am a supporter of this FO and coaching staff but picking Moore with our 2nd rounder was the worst thing they've ever done. This isn't hindsight. All of us who hate the pick now hated it the SECOND it happened. We knew Boldin or practically any player would have been better, and as it stands anyone WOULD have been better, because he's not going to play a single down this year, and we needed a player NOW. For THIS year. And instead this injury prone player ( yes it wasn't a related injury, but injury prone is injury prone ) who was projected much lower was picked over an exciting rookie WR who many on this board wanted. ( Not me, but hey! I would have taken anyone over a low projected LB ). ARGGGH!

Back
Top Bottom