Eddie Moore | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eddie Moore

moore would not have started last year.

greenwood stepped it up and played well last year, and moore would not have beaten him out.

moore is being groomed as seau's replacement

Anybody think it's possible that Seau gets cut??

I see that happeneing and Moore taking that starters spot.

What are you guys talkin' about, cutting Junior! Are you nuts! I'm hoping that we finally end up having at least 4 good linebackers on the team. I don't recall the last time we had any depth at the position. I'd truly love to see some 4 LB sets...

I expect him to play End, Guard, and Tackle.

Sit at the END of the bench...
GUARD the gatorade...
and TACKLE anyoen who tries to get any.

T

I think Moore will be a player.

That being said, I think Greenwood is a FA!? I may be wrong, but that will create some interesting decisions for our FO. I think you have to resign him since we have no one else that has stayed healthy... we'll see!

Originally posted by pilotfish
What are you guys talkin' about, cutting Junior! Are you nuts! I'm hoping that we finally end up having at least 4 good linebackers on the team. I don't recall the last time we had any depth at the position. I'd truly love to see some 4 LB sets...
Nuts? maybe....but, Seau isn't worth what we will be paying him next year.....

A savings of almost 2 million on the cap says that it's quite possible that Jr will be among the cuts.....

I hope we keep Seau. He will restructure if needed, its not about $ anymore its about the ring. He is great in running situations and may be the big reason that our run D was significantly better.

Exactly. I can't believe the talk I'm hearing about Seau not being worth it. My honest to god opinion is that overall Junior Seau was a more valuable linebacker on this team last year than Zach Thomas. Both had their struggles in pass coverage, but against the run Junior actually went up and DISRUPTED plays instead of waiting for them to flow to him like Zach does. No offense to Zach but he's not the linebacker he use to be when he was awesome in pass coverage as well as able to lay the wood. Now you see him dragging down carriers more often than not. I'm not sayin Seau was way more valuable than Zach but I do think he was just as valuable against the run.

One of the big reasons we had such a good run defense was because of Seau knifing in and changing what a RB wanted to do. Thats what he's done his whole career and I think he can do that at least one more year. And I'm not sure he should come out for passing situations unless we're not blitzing. He's still our best blitzer. I don't like how much money Seau is gettin paid this year anymore than the rest of you but he was worth it last year, and I think he can be worth it this year too...so long as we know when to use him and when not to. For that matter I think Zach needs to come out on passing downs too now. I'm getting frustrated with him sitting in zone waiting for a RB coming out and being 2 steps slow getting to the RB in coverage allowing the RB to get a freely dumped ball in his hands 5 yards downfield and in position to gain another 2 because Zach's not in position to pop him and just brings him down instead. Zach is still masterful at the funnel and cleanup duty, but he lost whatever he once had in pass coverage.

Be careful what you say about Zach, some people think he can do no wrong but, you and I agree that he's not what he was. Not saying he isn't valuable or that he isn't our best LBer but he's lost a bit. As far as Seau goes, i keep hearing that phrase, " You get old quick in this league" and I think he slowed down alot from the beginning of the year to the end. That's what makes me wary about counting on him again, for a 15TH season. That being said, a restructure would ease my mind but, barring that, I don't want him at his currently scheduled salary.....JMO.

Zach is still the 2nd or 3rd best MLB in the AFC like him or not.. kinda like Marion is starting the PB because they are not many if any decent FS in the AFC. I loved Seau's approach to run D as well and love how - unlike other LBer this team has/has had - the guy he is tackling goes down in a heap the minute he lays a hand on him. He was a monster at times.... but he is vastly overpaid for his production like most of our D

Moore did by the end of training camp have the starting spot. He thomas and Seau were the starting LB's for the first 3 preseason games. So in fact he did beat out Greenwood and I would not be suprised he he beat him out for a starting spot again. If he didnt get injured he ends up as our 2 or 3 leading tackler.

Moore is FAR and AWAY our best coverage LB. He would have been a SAFETY for many teams in the draft, but we wanted him at LB (sort of like Archuleta whom we wanted for a LB).

He hits a ton and is extremely athletic. He will be on the field alot this year IF HE STAYS HEALTHY. A big if.

Back
Top Bottom