Eddie Moore | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eddie Moore

Originally posted by minus
Greenwood is emrging as good OLB and could take the next step.I expect Eddie Moore to compete for playing time and possibly taking Seau place by the end of the year(Hopefully).

yea greenwood is doing a good job since he switched positions, he's a much better slb than he was a wlb. imo eddie will probably take over for seau in '05

Alright FinaticPatch no offense but Eddie Moore went down with injury I believe in our very first preseason game and no he wasn't starting. I think you're remembering it wrong.

I just think Zach has lost a lot in his pass coverage. I mean how many people are tired of seeing him singled up on a RB coming out of the backfield and coming to get him a few steps too late to do anything meaningful but drop the RB for a 6-7 yard gain. It seems like every time a team wants an easy 2nd and 3 or 4, its pretty easy just pick on Zach. I know he's got to be frustrated with it, or at least he definitely was after the 2002 season. It might be time to take him out of 3rd down packages if we have another LBer who can cover well aside from Moore (Crash Jenkins shows natural coverage abilities).

Zach also can't lay the wood like he use to thats for sure. He seems like he just grabs hold of the guy and rides him down to the ground nowadays. We should be a little thankful, I mean he's still GETTING to the guys and is a big part of why our run defense is so good, but don't expect him to make big plays anymore. Offerdahl was awesome and burned out in about the time Zach has been playing for us.

I'm sorry I just really didn't see a dropoff in Seau's production in the 2nd half of the year IMO. I mean 2 of his 3 sacks and all 3 of his pass defenses came in the 2nd half of the season. And his tackle totals stayed steady the whole year.

Zach definitely wears down in the second part of the season. Having Moore will help, especially when defending a lead.

Back
Top Bottom