Ehhh. I don't want Leinart. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ehhh. I don't want Leinart.

Goin` Deep said:
If we pick behind any/all of those teams, Leinart will be long gone. Cleveland isn`t going to cut it with Dilfer, Chicago would gladly take Leinart if he`s available, unless Orton plays well this year (my guess is he wont). They can`t have any faith in Grossman ever staying healthy. SF would probably pass on him, Washington would grab him with the first pick too. I go to 4 or 5 USC games a year, and Leinart is the real deal.

Now you see, a voice of reason finally!

I could see SF taking him in some deal like SD did or trading Smith!

^ haha... trading smith, hahahahahfoianwpei nqp3

they have nothing similiar to the charger situation i dont know why you bring it up... brees had 3 years of not producing so they brought in another arm they thought might... smith hasn't even had a regular season snap yet and your saying they'll get rid of him, haha...

washington?? cmon they have 3 young first round QBs already on their roster, they are NOT getting another one, not to mention they used their upcoming first rounder to move up last draft to get jason campbell...

pittsburgh? Buffalo? jesus man... you really dont wanna give any time for a QB to develop huh, what are you going to do with the guy we draft struggles in his first preseason? dump him right away too, haha

PHINZONER said:
Let's talk about mentality or lack ther of! You probably did not think SD would draft Eli after he said he would sit out a year and re-enter the draft! You did not read and absorb all of what I wrote. I said if he is that good and a team thought he was the missing LINK they would take him! He will be taken #1 if he is that good! SF would do something to the effect of SD if Alex begins to show some progress. That is pick him if a predraft trade is not worked out, and trade him later. I listen to ESPN radio all day at work, and a reporter said that unless Smith shows significant signs of progress he could be the next Leaf w/o the attitude. I know it is early, but if in a year he still looks this bad it is a possibility.

A good friend of mine is a huge niner fan and runs a sports bar. He watches every niner game, and he said after the first week that Rattay would be starting and Smith would not have a chance to beat him out. He was very disappointed and remains that way. Smith is struggling w/ the speed of the game, the offense, and the pro game in general. What I am saying is that if he shows no progress by next April there is a chance they could take him and even keep him. The only problem they would have is the salary issues that would come w/ 2 #1's at the same position.

The same reporter said that Chicago is ready to move on w/ or w/o Grossman. They will look to shore up the qb position. If Grossman stays healthy in the future, then they would be set at qb. If not, they want another guy that can help the team and stay healthy. They fear that this could be a regular thing w/ Grossman. Ortin may show promise. Then again he may be horrible. I like what I see, I wanted Miami to take him, but the fact is it was preseason.

As for washington, we all know about Ramsey and Campbell did nothing to show he could unseat he or Brunell. If you think for a minute that Gibbs let's a potential Elway slip by him(if the scouts think he is that can't miss guy) you are crazy! With Brunell out next year, they will have Ramsey,Campbell, and who?

Clev is a no brainer, but you could potentially throw in Arizona, Dallas, Detroit, Buffalo, Balt, Pit, Tenn, NYJ, TB, NO, and Den if the ?'s are not answered for the respective teams! Arizona w/ Warner, Dallas w/ Bledsoe and a disapointing cast be hind him, Harrington and his struggles, Losman if he struggles,Baltimore and the Boller project, Pit and the sudden collapse of Big Ben(thus far), McNair and the obvious, Penny and the shoulder,Griese and the inconsistancy, Brooks and the same, and the Shannahan factor of surprises. If Plummer throws alot if int's. We have no clue who could pick #1. Any team can rise or fall, but these are teams that are questions and concerns w/ the qb's.

Saban will not mortgage the farm for a farmer!

:Flmao:

This is the most hilarious piece of nonsense I have ever read in my life. You seriously think that after 1 pre-season, one death affected pre-season, that San Francisco are contemplating trading Alex Smith?? That is hilarious. Or keep him and draft Leinart.....that is funnier still. Are you what, 9 years old?

I don't care if your mate IS Tim Rattay, this is absolute guff of the highest order. It was very likely that Rattay would be starting because Smith is learning a totally new system and is a rookie. Rattay isn't. But it's OK, you're mate has a sports bar.

:shakeno:

Now you're throwing in Roethlisberger.......you get better...... this IS hilarious. Who else....oh now Losman's in as well....who else....your take on the Redskins situation is comical. CAMPBELL IS GIBBS' GUY. Capiche? Brunell is done, it's over. He was awful last season.

Wake up.....understand how football works.

Oh and it's Orton NOT Ortin.

But I'm sure you're mate with the sports bar knows that.

Goin` Deep said:
If we pick behind any/all of those teams, Leinart will be long gone. Cleveland isn`t going to cut it with Dilfer, Chicago would gladly take Leinart if he`s available, unless Orton plays well this year (my guess is he wont). They can`t have any faith in Grossman ever staying healthy. SF would probably pass on him, Washington would grab him with the first pick too. I go to 4 or 5 USC games a year, and Leinart is the real deal.

We're you living in a cave when Washington drafted Jason Campbell in the first round?

Jesus, what is wrong with you people?

PHINZONER your posts are hilarious.

That you even for a second think the 49ers, Bears, Redskins and Bills are going to draft QB next year is insane. Most of those teams have young QBs that need atleast one or two years starting experience before you can even begin to conclude anything.

Seriously, when you posted that the 49ers were considering drafting QB again next year because of Smiths poor preseason I almost fell out of the chair laughing.

This might be news to you, but QBs aren't required to have a Rothlisberger season when they enter the NFL, some take time to adjust to the NFL.

touborg said:

That you even for a second think the 49ers, Bears, Redskins and Bills are going to draft QB next year is insane. Most of those teams have young QBs that need atleast one or two years starting experience before you can even begin to conclude anything.

Seriously, when you posted that the 49ers were considering drafting QB again next year because of Smiths poor preseason I almost fell out of the chair laughing.

This might be news to you, but QBs aren't required to have a Rothlisberger season when they enter the NFL, some take time to adjust to the NFL.

The 9ers offense is awful, I wasn't a Smith fan last year, but I think he'll be a very good player. I think everyone is just looking to find something wrong with Leinart's play, and coming up with he "he takes ballroom dancing," is laughable, how does that affect his play? I thought the funniest line was something like "So he's won 2 national championships, and the heisman..," I don't know if Leinart will go number 1, because I don't know if the team picking number 1 will need a Qb, but if he's available when the Phins pick, there is no way I pass him up.

touborg said:

Tou, is this the same Ben Roethlisberger that was what, 13-1 or something?? Damn, he's SO overrated. My mate owns an electric chair shop and he watches Pittsburgh all the time and says he's going to be traded for the Russian QB Whodya Nickabollockoff midseason.

100%

djfresh47 said:
The 9ers offense is awful, I wasn't a Smith fan last year, but I think he'll be a very good player. I think everyone is just looking to find something wrong with Leinart's play, and coming up with he "he takes ballroom dancing," is laughable, how does that affect his play? I thought the funniest line was something like "So he's won 2 national championships, and the heisman..," I don't know if Leinart will go number 1, because I don't know if the team picking number 1 will need a Qb, but if he's available when the Phins pick, there is no way I pass him up.

Wait, no....it can't be?

Common sense?????

I refuse to believe it.

;)

djfresh47 said:

Right now I don't think there is any doubt he will go number one. I don't even see a clear cut number two to challenge him honestly. I think there are questions about his maturity, but that doesn't change the fact that he's the best guy on the board.

I think it's more exciting to see which other QBs do well this year, because I don't think we will be in range of Leinart. If we are, picking him is a nobrainer though.

Boomer said:
Tou, is this the same Ben Roethlisberger that was what, 13-1 or something?? Damn, he's SO overrated. My mate owns an electric chair shop and he watches Pittsburgh all the time and says he's going to be traded for the Russian QB Whodya Nickabollockoff midseason.

100%

I once ran into a friend who has a cousin that tells me his cable guy once met a pizza delivery boy who has a friend from Sweden that sometimes watches the NFL who told him Peyton Manning is going out the door next year if he doesn't put up atleast 50 touchdowns.

touborg said:
I once ran into a friend who has a cousin that tells me his cable guy once met a pizza delivery boy who has a friend from Sweden that sometimes watches the NFL who told him Peyton Manning is going out the door next year if he doesn't put up atleast 50 touchdowns.

What's the guys name?

The guy from Sweden?

I once went to Sweden * and I'm sure I met him.

* Actually it was Norway but it's close. I'm still sure we met. He said that Tom Brady is done and the Pats are looking for a 7th. But he once took ballroom dancing, so it's a no-no.

kastofsna120 said:
well you think lacuna coil is a good band, so your perception on reality is a bit skewed

My reality has nothing to do with this topic, and I can choose to like whatever bands I want to. As you said, "Nothing wrong with Maiden", well to be honest with you they are my favorite band, and have been for more than two decades. Check my location. "22 Acacia Avenue"....

How's my perception now???...

PHINZ RULE!!!

Back
Top Bottom