Ehhh. I don't want Leinart. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ehhh. I don't want Leinart.

steveincolorado said:
Peyton Manning stayed for his last season because he wanted to live the college life one more year and I think he turned out pretty good.

Peyton who?

lol yeah good point, i think it was smart of leinart, also he did not want to get drafted by the 49ers

I think Leinart will be very good in the NFL. I would prefer to get Rivers, but if we can't get Rivers, then I would be very happy with Leinart.

Theres a reason why Leinart is such a hot prospect. NFL scouts don't care about college stats or Heisman's, they look at arm strength, how a Qb learns an offense, reads defenses, etc. Leinart is a top prospect because he does those things. Theres a reason why hes not a Dorsey, Detmer, Chang, or any one of the dozens of college guys that have set records or have won championships to the scouts, its because he has the size, arm and brain to be a quality NFL Qb. We would be lucky to draft this guy. Im not saying Jacobs isn't going to be good, I havent watched him play so I can't say, but Leinart is a legit prospect.
I wish he would have come out, I really dont understand his reasons for going back, its not like he wouldnt have women and parties in the NFL. Another title or Heisman is great but he already has both, why go back? Peyton went back because he had neither and wanted to win both in college, I can understand that. He got jobbed when Woodson won that Heisman what a joke.

I like Shockley better already. He played at times in the past and looked good then. He posted awsome #s' on sat. and he was taken out early b/c it was a blow out. He also had 5 dropped passes by recv's. He can run,throw,and has a team first attitude. He could have left Ga. to start at many other top colleges and he chose to stay w/ his teammates b/c of loyalty to them and GA. Upside is huge!!! Vick type of player only more accurate. More polished

We will see what the scouts say when USC chockes or falls apart. I am not predicting it, just what then! Look at the kid from Boise St. He was a top prospect and now after 1 bad half he is off there radar. Scouts????? They are wishy washy too.

Watch the scouts clamour to Shockley!!!!!

Fact is if he is that good! We will not get him. We will not be picking first!

Teams that may be picking ahead of us,

Clev
WSh
SF
Chi

All of which could use a qb and that includes SF. Smith looks horrible. If any finish behind us they will trade up to get him if he is the missing link for them. Saban will not!

if you think washington and san francisco will spend another 1st round pick on a QB a year after taking one in the 1st, you got something to learn about football

PHINZONER said:

Clev
WSh
SF
Chi

All of which could use a qb and that includes SF. Smith looks horrible. If any finish behind us they will trade up to get him if he is the missing link for them. Saban will not!

Wsh has Campbell, SF Smith, Chicago has Grossman (albeit hurt) and Orton, Cleveland might take him but maybe not, they took Frye in the 3rd round. Really, Id say our chances of getting Leinart-IF we are in the top 5 or 6 are actually pretty high.

They never played USC...i am a SEC guy-and there was no way LSU would have beat USC that year.

jlfin said:
Yeah, your post included.
So it requires a whole academic year to take one class? Let's be serious, that one class could have been taken over the summer and he'd have his degree.
In an earlier post I also stated that their is nothing wrong with enjoying the pressure free college life if you are an average person.
However, the upper echelon players in every professional sport have a burning desire to win and face the top competition. He doesn't seem to care one way or the other. It may not mean much to you, but if I'm a GM and am going to invest 25 million+ in a franchise player he better come in here chomping at the bit. IMO his actions are a bit unsettling.

He's a 5th year Sociology Degree student who needs two components to finish his degree.......he's taking Ballroom Dancing.....so what?

I'd rather look at his talents on the field and listen to the quotes from him, not the rubbish the papers bring up.

I'm laid back. But I expect perfection. I'm very hard on myself...On the field, I have a cool confidence. I've never been arrogant. I could care less about awards. I just want to win...I don't like being in the spotlight. I just like playing. Obviously, you're going to be the hero or goat when you're the quarterback. But I'm kind of a more roll-with-things type of person...As a person, I'm pretty boring. I play video games. That's my favorite hobby."

It's crazy. I just want to hang out. I don't want to be in all the magazines. That's not who I am...When I go out, it's all over the TV. That's the thing about the celebrity life. You never know who's watching you. You just have to be really secure about what you're doing...I'm a normal guy, just like any other 21-year-old college student. Really, there's nothing special about me...It's hard to trust a lot of people right now and know exactly what they're after."

Sorry but most of the people on here wouldn't know how to evaluate a QB anyway, so choosing to focus on the fact that he's doing ballroom dancing and likes to hang out highlights the stupidity of this thread. Oh and he's not in a professional sport at the moment.

PHINZONER said:

Clev
WSh
SF
Chi

Now you see, this is the mentality of the average Fin Heaven poster. I'm sorry to pick on you Zoner, but the Skins just used a 1 on Jason Campbell, the 49ers used the 1st overall pick on Alex Smith.....how in the world doeshe look horrible.....that is an inexplicably dumb thing to say. Chicago still have high hopes for Rex Grossman, a former 1 who has played well when fit and are ridiculously high on Kyle Orton.

KB21 said:
What's not to like about Leinart? He's got everything you want in a quarterback.

Hurrah. Finally a voice of reason.

Leinart's touch is as good as I've seen on a draft eligible QB in a LONG time.

finfansince72 said:
Wsh has Campbell, SF Smith, Chicago has Grossman (albeit hurt) and Orton, Cleveland might take him but maybe not, they took Frye in the 3rd round. Really, Id say our chances of getting Leinart-IF we are in the top 5 or 6 are actually pretty high.
If we pick behind any/all of those teams, Leinart will be long gone. Cleveland isn`t going to cut it with Dilfer, Chicago would gladly take Leinart if he`s available, unless Orton plays well this year (my guess is he wont). They can`t have any faith in Grossman ever staying healthy. SF would probably pass on him, Washington would grab him with the first pick too. I go to 4 or 5 USC games a year, and Leinart is the real deal.

Boomer said:
Now you see, this is the mentality of the average Fin Heaven poster. I'm sorry to pick on you Zoner, but the Skins just used a 1 on Jason Campbell, the 49ers used the 1st overall pick on Alex Smith.....how in the world doeshe look horrible.....that is an inexplicably dumb thing to say. Chicago still have high hopes for Rex Grossman, a former 1 who has played well when fit and are ridiculously high on Kyle Orton.

Let's talk about mentality or lack ther of! You probably did not think SD would draft Eli after he said he would sit out a year and re-enter the draft! You did not read and absorb all of what I wrote. I said if he is that good and a team thought he was the missing LINK they would take him! He will be taken #1 if he is that good! SF would do something to the effect of SD if Alex begins to show some progress. That is pick him if a predraft trade is not worked out, and trade him later. I listen to ESPN radio all day at work, and a reporter said that unless Smith shows significant signs of progress he could be the next Leaf w/o the attitude. I know it is early, but if in a year he still looks this bad it is a possibility.

A good friend of mine is a huge niner fan and runs a sports bar. He watches every niner game, and he said after the first week that Rattay would be starting and Smith would not have a chance to beat him out. He was very disappointed and remains that way. Smith is struggling w/ the speed of the game, the offense, and the pro game in general. What I am saying is that if he shows no progress by next April there is a chance they could take him and even keep him. The only problem they would have is the salary issues that would come w/ 2 #1's at the same position.

The same reporter said that Chicago is ready to move on w/ or w/o Grossman. They will look to shore up the qb position. If Grossman stays healthy in the future, then they would be set at qb. If not, they want another guy that can help the team and stay healthy. They fear that this could be a regular thing w/ Grossman. Ortin may show promise. Then again he may be horrible. I like what I see, I wanted Miami to take him, but the fact is it was preseason.

As for washington, we all know about Ramsey and Campbell did nothing to show he could unseat he or Brunell. If you think for a minute that Gibbs let's a potential Elway slip by him(if the scouts think he is that can't miss guy) you are crazy! With Brunell out next year, they will have Ramsey,Campbell, and who?

Clev is a no brainer, but you could potentially throw in Arizona, Dallas, Detroit, Buffalo, Balt, Pit, Tenn, NYJ, TB, NO, and Den if the ?'s are not answered for the respective teams! Arizona w/ Warner, Dallas w/ Bledsoe and a disapointing cast be hind him, Harrington and his struggles, Losman if he struggles,Baltimore and the Boller project, Pit and the sudden collapse of Big Ben(thus far), McNair and the obvious, Penny and the shoulder,Griese and the inconsistancy, Brooks and the same, and the Shannahan factor of surprises. If Plummer throws alot if int's. We have no clue who could pick #1. Any team can rise or fall, but these are teams that are questions and concerns w/ the qb's.

Saban will not mortgage the farm for a farmer!

Back
Top Bottom