Ehhh. I don't want Leinart. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ehhh. I don't want Leinart.

StLouisFinFan said:
Disagree about Jacobs. I watched his game this past weekend, and I didn't like what I saw at all. He's putting up good numbers, but he doesn't have an NFL type arm. At least half of those passess I saw him lobbing/shot putting into his receivers hands would be closed on and intercepted by a quality NFL CB.

In '83, scouts claimed Marino "pushed" the ball. Truth is he was "zipping" the ball with great velocity and accuracy. This guy really does "push" the ball, and it's going nowhere fast. Nice college QB, but not built for the pros in my opinion.

You have got to be joking :lol: , no velocity :rofl3: you must be talking about Matt :lol: . Matt's arm is not even close to Jacobs. Omar's thowing lazer darts everwhere. Matt's arm strenght is average at best. I was a Leinart until I started watching Omar. Bottomline if Leinart was at BG he'd get exposed bad. Put Omar at FSU and it be scary :eek: .

twohype said:
You have got to be joking :lol: , no velocity :rofl3: you must be talking about Matt :lol: . Matt's arm is not even close to Jacobs. Omar's thowing lazer darts everwhere. Matt's arm strenght is average at best. I was a Leinart until I started watching Omar. Bottomline if Leinart was at BG he'd get exposed bad. Put Omar at FSU and it be scary :eek: .
Leinart does not have an average arm at best. He has an above average arm. He doesnt throw a ton of bullet passes, but throws a very nice deep ball.

StLouisFinFan said:
In '83, scouts claimed Marino "pushed" the ball. Truth is he was "zipping" the ball with great velocity and accuracy.
Don`t remember ever hearing that...I remember the drug rumors, but I never read that Marino "pushed" the ball. Dan dropped down in the draft for one reason, and we all know what that was.

FinsNCanes said:
So..he's won two championships, he looked good his first game of the year, but with all that talent surrounding him..I think I could be plopped in there to win. I just saw an interview with him on PTI and I just don't like the feeling I got from him.

One of the questions were why he stayed back. I don't remember him saying cause of the possible 3-peat. It was more he wanted to stay a kid for another year before going into the NFL to do "work". They asked wasn't he tempted. He said "Yeah", but in his response money came up first before anything. I don't know..I'm not sold on him just yet.

thank u.Omar jacobs is our man.Just picture him in a fins uni

This thread is a joke right??...

Leinart looks like he's going to be great. There's nobody in college who's better, and there's nobody who will go #1 over him in the 2006 NFL draft either....

Sure, there's a few promising QB's other than Leinart, but he's got all the tools to be a great QB in the NFL. I'm just shocked that there are actually fans out there who wouldn't want him....

PHINZ RULE!!!

well you think lacuna coil is a good band, so your perception on reality is a bit skewed

kastofsna120 said:
well you think lacuna coil is a good band, so your perception on reality is a bit skewed

I don't think slagging someone else's taste in music is producitve at all...

I'm pretty sure I think whatever you listen to is crap as well but talking about it in a Dolphins related thread is kind of pointless.

What's not to like about Leinart? He's got everything you want in a quarterback.

unifiedtheory said:
I don't think slagging someone else's taste in music is producitve at all...

I'm pretty sure I think whatever you listen to is crap as well but talking about it in a Dolphins related thread is kind of pointless.
nothing wrong with maiden

BLITZKRIEG said:

Leinart looks like he's going to be great. There's nobody in college who's better, and there's nobody who will go #1 over him in the 2006 NFL draft either....

Sure, there's a few promising QB's other than Leinart, but he's got all the tools to be a great QB in the NFL. I'm just shocked that there are actually fans out there who wouldn't want him....

PHINZ RULE!!!
I agree he will be great, but he isn't a lock to go #1. It depends who gets the pick. If SF, Cle, Chi, or another team that already has a young QB or has a more pressing need gets the pick, Leinart won't go 1 unless maybe there is a trade. If a team like Miami, Tenn, or Tampa gets the pick Leinart is a good bet.

BLITZKRIEG said:

PHINZ RULE!!!

Sorry, but in my opinion college football is so skewed when it comes to picking out single talent. I'd just like to see him throw a ball where the receiver wasn't 10 yards open. Didn't Arrington have something like the most rushing yards in NCAA history or something? I'd still take Brown over him though.

Boomer said:
He stayed to finish his degree, to win the National Title again and win the Heisman again. Oh and to enjoy the freedom that college life offers you before stepping into the pressure cooker of the real world. Can't for the life of me see ANYTHING wrong with that. Maybe some of you are just jealous.

I'm staggered at the stupidty of posting sometimes.

Yeah, your post included.
So it requires a whole academic year to take one class? Let's be serious, that one class could have been taken over the summer and he'd have his degree.
In an earlier post I also stated that their is nothing wrong with enjoying the pressure free college life if you are an average person.
However, the upper echelon players in every professional sport have a burning desire to win and face the top competition. He doesn't seem to care one way or the other. It may not mean much to you, but if I'm a GM and am going to invest 25 million+ in a franchise player he better come in here chomping at the bit. IMO his actions are a bit unsettling.

twohype said:
No. Unless Leinart, whom I haven't even seen in action, is a black fellow with braids playing for Bowling Green, I was not referring to him. I watched the whole game because I was curious. I went in with no preconceived notions, other than all the positives I've heard from this board and espn, and my honest reaction was "you've got to be joking". I was very disappointed in what I saw. Very akward delivery with modest velocity. "Laser" is not an adjective I would use for that guy. Kinda like McNair. I know, he's "Air McNair", but he too never impressed me with his arm. Accurate, yes. Laser thrower, no. I would be utterly dissappointed if the Dolphins picked up Jacobs next year. I don't yet have an alternative to offer, but I've seen enough of Jacobs to know he wouldn't be the guy I'd take.

Goin` Deep said:
Don`t remember ever hearing that...I remember the drug rumors, but I never read that Marino "pushed" the ball. Dan dropped down in the draft for one reason, and we all know what that was.
I remember this well. A reporter (may have been Dr. Z) who wrote that Marino would not make a good NFL QB because of his awkward delivery, specifically stating that he pushed the ball instead of using a more traditional throwing motion. Shula was so pissed at the guy that the next time he saw the reporter he said "so how do you like my QB now, does he push the ball well enough for you" (or close to that), and would not answer the guy's questions or let him in for interviews for the next 15 or so years until the guy appologized. I hear you on the drug thing, that was a rumor, but the throwing motion criticism was real.

IMO, Miami will not get the chance to draft Leinart. He will be gone before Miami picks. By some quirk of circumstance, if he remains healthy, plays as well as he has been playing, wins another national championship and by chance wins another Heisman Trophy he will be the hottest player in the draft hands down. By staying in school he has to be the odds on favorite to win the Heisman again and that is a feat very few have accomplished. If all this comes to pass you can't count out anybody drafting him, no matter if they have a young QB or not because a very lucrative trade could be made after he is selected. It is true he has a very talented team supporting him. The question is does he elevate the team's performance by his play or does he bring them down to his level, I think the answer to that question is obvious so far.

Back
Top Bottom