Eli Manning Quotes on ESPN Coverage of Jets Camp | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eli Manning Quotes on ESPN Coverage of Jets Camp

I think he'd get attention no matter where he was coaching.

I agree. I just wonder how much considering Seattle is in a location in the U.S. you don't hear much about.

2 years isn't a fluke, right now it's 2 of 3 years in the title game and one "bad" year at 8-8. If they have another 8-8 or worse season then it's not a fluke.

This is definitely a big year for your squad

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Eli is not elite, he is two great catches away from being 0-2 in the SB. He is a product of a decent defense and good coaching, same as Sanchez.

That explains why Manning has 2 SB MVPs and wins while Sanchez doesn't. If the products both QBs have are the same, explain why the Giants have succeeded so much more than your team has.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

I would have to say that Cowboys, Eagles and Skins fans would say the same thing.

I can say that some of the media on ESPN 980 here in the D.C. area would disagree with your assessment. They don't like the Giants b/c of the rivalry but they have given Manning props (a discussion about being elite as well).

I agree. I just wonder how much considering Seattle is in a location in the U.S. you don't hear much about.

This is definitely a big year for your squad

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

That explains why Manning has 2 SB MVPs and wins while Sanchez doesn't. If the products both QBs have are the same, explain why the Giants have succeeded so much more than your team has.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

I can say that some of the media on ESPN 980 here in the D.C. area would disagree with your assessment. They don't like the Giants b/c of the rivalry but they have given Manning props (a discussion about being elite as well).

The biggest difference btw Eli getting 2 and winning 2 SBs and Sanchez losing 2 title games is that in both of eli's title games his D/Sts froced huge Tos to set up those wins.

Is Eli better right now? of course but remember as recently as 2010 sanchez had a better year.

The biggest difference btw Eli getting 2 and winning 2 SBs and Sanchez losing 2 title games is that in both of eli's title games his D/Sts froced huge Tos to set up those wins.

Is Eli better right now? of course but remember as recently as 2010 sanchez had a better year.

So then the defenses aren't comparable since the Giants D gets the job done whereas New York's can't/hasn't.

So then the defenses aren't comparable since the Giants D gets the job done whereas New York's can't/hasn't.

The Giant D has played better but what did they have to do w/ 2 fumbles on punts at SF? the blown fumble on Bradshaw? the 2 near INts into doub;e coverage where SF DBs collided each time.

The Giant D has played better but what did they have to do w/ 2 fumbles on punts at SF? the blown fumble on Bradshaw? the 2 near INts into doub;e coverage where SF DBs collided each time.

They did what they had to do same as the Giants STs and offense.

To be honest I don't think I am happy that Sparano is the OC of the Jets. If the Jets get their running game together and limit the pressure on Sanchez they will win. I don't ever think Sanchez is going to be a put the team on his back QB but if you give him a solid D and running attack he can survive.

Is that enough to be a dynasty - no, is it enough to win a Super Bowl, depends on how the cards fall with luck and chance.

Back
Top Bottom