Ellerbe done for the year... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ellerbe done for the year...

Before getting hurt Tripp was already replacing different LB's with the ones. And he really stood out for stretches at a time in preseason, he was always around the play like you would expect from a really good, instinctive LB.

Honestly after a strong first week he bottomed out a bit, seemed to play better as a mike and I think he needs to add some weight. His best work was done working with the 2s and 3s. I like him a lot as a prospect but think we're expecting a little too much too soon. Maybe it's the emergence of both Jenkins and McCain that I have trouble believing 3 LBers from the past 2 drafts that are either undrafted or mid to late rounders will make a significant impact.

Honestly after a strong first week he bottomed out a bit, seemed to play better as a mike and I think he needs to add some weight. His best work was done working with the 2s and 3s. I like him a lot as a prospect but think we're expecting a little too much too soon. Maybe it's the emergence of both Jenkins and McCain that I have trouble believing 3 LBers from the past 2 drafts that are either undrafted or mid to late rounders will make a significant impact.

People love Tripp, but right now, he is a very good special teamer and a great developmental guy....as I mentioned with McCain...give him a year in the NFL and a year under Dufner and he may be ready to play every down.

People love Tripp, but right now, he is a very good special teamer and a great developmental guy....as I mentioned with McCain...give him a year in the NFL and a year under Dufner and he may be ready to play every down.

I'm a big Jordan Tripp fan, right with you on your assessment of him right now. See him as more of a 2015 contributor, but with all these injuries a subpackage guy as well. Thing with McCain is he has the athleticism to get away with some mental lapses which is why I think he can contribute right away and is more likely to than Tripp. Tripp's a good athlete with solid instincts, but he's going to need to get stronger to be a factor on early downs IMO.

This is a blessing in disguise, McCain needs more reps. He is going to be a good one.

Agree don't like to see a player hurt. That said be and Wheeler suck and are overpaid sacks of fecal matter. Let's see what the youts' can do for us!

What about Kao Mississipi?

I am glad he is out for the season, hopefully wheeler goes with him. I would rather see what we have with our newbies.

Dolphins rookie LB Jordan Tripp (chest) will not play vs. Bills, I'm told. He's been out since preseason. Team could use him w/LB injuries.

@AbramsonPBP

Can we just get Ireland and duct tape him to a tackling dummy and let all our players slam him for 3 days. Everything that guy did has killed us.

Hate to lose him. But on the bright side perhaps Jenkins and/or McCain will show they are more than adequate replacements.
Based on yestrday's performance it may be so.

I am just worried only one will start and now they will ride out Wheeler.... Makes me want to puke..... but then again maybe we move Jordan to LB when he comes back. I think he would do pretty well at LB and hopefully Jenkins and McCain will be on the other side. Our D-Line doesn't even need Dion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom