End of Ricky | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

End of Ricky

painnotpleasure said:
It's alright man, I wasn't sure, all is forgotten. I respect anyone who states their opinion and can back it up. We may not see eye to eye on certain things but we all at Finheaven have one common goal... and that's wanting what's best for this team... what's best for the Dolphins. If we have a successful season this year, we'll all be looking back and laughing at this anyway. :cooldude:

No doubt. If Ricky comes back and is great and he stays focused and determined while showing a COMMITMENT TO WINNING- meaning, he's not just back to pay off his debts, he's back to prove people wrong and win- than great. I'm a Dolphin fan and I want to win a SB in my lifetime- if he helps us do that, it's all good. But I hate his guts right now. He has to prove to me he cares about the game and his teammates and coaches. Only then can I think about forgiving Ricky.

phinz_fan said:
All you guys who would take Ricky back are the same type of guys who would take back your girlfriend or wife if she cheated on you with your best friend. Tire tracks across your backs from getting run over and all you do is say "Thank you, may I have another?"

Forgiveness is one thing. People make mistakes. The issue is he can no longer be trusted. Period.

Ricky competely betrayed this team for his own selfish reasons. He betrayed Wannstedt, the organization, and most importantly the fans. The only reason he would come back is for the $$, which doesn't help us at all. Our backfield will be fine without RW.

Ricky will come back and probably soon. IMO will be traded. Saban doesnt strike me as the type of guy who wants a cancer like Ricky around. Saban wants more draft picks. If we couldn't take a cap hit to keep Surtain we certainly wouldnt bend over backwards to help Ricky out of a jam. He will be getting no money from us. :shakeno:

Preach on Brutha, preach on.......

FireWrongstedt said:
No doubt. If Ricky comes back and is great and he stays focused and determined while showing a COMMITMENT TO WINNING- meaning, he's not just back to pay off his debts, he's back to prove people wrong and win- than great. I'm a Dolphin fan and I want to win a SB in my lifetime- if he helps us do that, it's all good. But I hate his guts right now. He has to prove to me he cares about the game and his teammates and coaches. Only then can I think about forgiving Ricky.

I will never accept his (_)_) back, unless he makes a heartfelt appology to his teamates, and to the fans.

Before all of that though, he needs to get some rehab help. If he thinks they were making him pee in a cup too much before, he better rethink everything. I bet that the NFL calls his butt in as many times as they are allowed too, and twice on Sunday's.

phinz_fan said:
Now that we have drafted a RB w/our first round pick I hope that will be the end of all the talk about RW coming back as a Dolphin.

If he decides to play football again - and he probably will - he will clearly be traded as we no longer need him and there is nothing in it for us. It would not make sense to pay him $X million dollars when we have a solid running back. Ronnie may or may not be as good as Ricky, but my guess is Saban is willing to bet he can live without RW either way. Not too mention the issues RW would cause in the locker room and his unreliability.

If Ricky snaps back into reality and decides to suit up again it will not be as a Dolphin. I look foward to getting draft picks or other players for him in a trade.
I agree, Ronnie is our RB now, not Ricky.

FireWrongstedt said:
:shakeno: Jesus... it's like talking to a r*tarded amoeba.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

FireWrongstedt said:
All I care about is winning championships. But bringing Ricky back isn't going to win us a championship IMO. He'd be too much of a distraction. Every day, everyone would have to answer questions about Ricky, Saban included. You KNOW how it would be- Ricky this, Ricky that, Ricky, Ricky, Ricky. That's not good. We don't need a circus. Ricky would bring a circus back from India with him. Just another reason not to welcome Ricky back to the Dolphins.

Bingo. I don't take it personally, in fact I think he screwed himself (career wise) as much as the team. He is not going to help us. Best scenario, he comes back while we rebuild, plays great and we trade him for something useful. But he won't be anything more than a distarction looking for a paycheck, so forget him.

phinz_fan said:
Now that we have drafted a RB w/our first round pick I hope that will be the end of all the talk about RW coming back as a Dolphin.

If he decides to play football again - and he probably will - he will clearly be traded as we no longer need him and there is nothing in it for us. It would not make sense to pay him $X million dollars when we have a solid running back. Ronnie may or may not be as good as Ricky, but my guess is Saban is willing to bet he can live without RW either way. Not too mention the issues RW would cause in the locker room and his unreliability.

If Ricky snaps back into reality and decides to suit up again it will not be as a Dolphin. I look foward to getting draft picks or other players for him in a trade.

WTF is the Spurrier era?

We needn't spend X million dollars if Ricky came back. He would have to be our B****.

Who is going to trade for him if he doesn't at least suit up and show what hes got?

If ricky didnt quit we wouldnt have Saban, we wouldnt have Ronnie, and we'd still have Wannstedt and Fiedler.

Id take him back in a heartbeat. He was/is my favorite offensive player on the team. Like the thread i started Saturday, what a 1.2.punch that would be

The guy has mental disorder and smokes weed. Big deal! At least he isnt killing people, selling drugs, or hanging out with friends who've killed people.

FireWrongstedt said:
F*ck Ricky. I never want to see his name mentioned here again. We have our RB now.
my sentiments exactly

Ronnie Brown will make us all say, "Ricky who?!"

All you guys who would take Ricky back are the same type of guys who would take back your girlfriend or wife if she cheated on you with your best friend. Tire tracks across your backs from getting run over and all you do is say "Thank you, may I have another?"

You can preach all you want. But the fact of the matter is, ricky williams isint my girlfriend nor wife...He's a football player not a loved family member

phinz_fan said:

Forgiveness is one thing. People make mistakes. The issue is he can no longer be trusted. Period.

Ricky competely betrayed this team for his own selfish reasons. He betrayed Wannstedt, the organization, and most importantly the fans. The only reason he would come back is for the $$, which doesn't help us at all. Our backfield will be fine without RW.

No, MOST IMPORTANTLY he betrayed his teammates. As important as some of us like to feel we are, the fans don't mean squat in the equation. Zach and other have stated openly that they wouldn't mind having Ricky come back. Saban has stated that he would welcome Williams back. If Saban has said it then Wayne is in agreement. Guess what.....that's all that matters. If they are willing to welcome him back into the fold, it doesn't really matter what the fans think. To be honest, as fickle as many of my fellow Phin fans are, it would only take one good season of Williams/Brown running all over opponents to make them forget EVERYTHING that Ricky has done in the past.

Back
Top Bottom