End of Ricky | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

End of Ricky

I sure am. And insted of having a 1 2 punch, we would just have 1 running back that would get tired during the game..... Insted of 2, so we could use one 2 quarters then the other 2 quarters. Or sub them in or whatever

I hope he comes back. It would give us a better chance to get into the playoffs and win the superbowl...

FireWrongstedt said:
Yeah, sure, as a Dolphins fan I'm sure you weren't counting on that rat ******* one iota lst year were you? :rolleyes: I'd love to see what you guys were posting last July. Funny how time effects people. Sorry, but I don't forgive and forget so easily.

I'll save you the trouble of looking for me. I accepted Ricky's decision. It sucked, but it wasn't a personal affront.

Jimmy James said:
Just as any player can be cut at any time, Ricky left the team and was within his rights to do so. It is those of you who freak out at the sight of his name who are f*ck*d in the head. The feature back for your favorite team IS NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND. I certainly hope he doesn't give you the same type of pleasure. I don't care what Ricky did in the past -- we own his rights and will do what is best for the team if he decides to play again. At present, it looks like that means proving he has value and then trading him the following year.

I want my fellow fans to care about winning first and foremost. Hasn't it been too long since we had a championship to boast about? If you're the type who lets other BS get in the way of winning, I don't even know why you're a fan.

All I care about is winning championships. But bringing Ricky back isn't going to win us a championship IMO. He'd be too much of a distraction. Every day, everyone would have to answer questions about Ricky, Saban included. You KNOW how it would be- Ricky this, Ricky that, Ricky, Ricky, Ricky. That's not good. We don't need a circus. Ricky would bring a circus back from India with him. Just another reason not to welcome Ricky back to the Dolphins.

FireWrongstedt said:
All I care about is winning championships. But bringing Ricky back isn't going to win us a championship IMO. He'd be too much of a distraction. Every day, everyone would have to answer questions about Ricky, Saban included. You KNOW how it would be- Ricky this, Ricky that, Ricky, Ricky, Ricky. That's not good. We don't need a circus. Ricky would bring a circus back from India with him. Just another reason not to welcome Ricky back to the Dolphins.

It would be a circus for a week at most...pretty much until Moss or Owens pops off again. Don't kid yourself about how big a story this is.

FireWrongstedt said:

Taking Ricky would end the questions from the media.

painnotpleasure said:
Did I say he was going to come back? No. I'm being open minded about it like Saban is. Did you bother hearing what Saban said? Here, it was on the main page at Finheaven yesterday I believe:

"He'd still welcome Ricky back and even said how good it would be to have two great running backs (Nick Saban on if this selection puts an end to Ricky Williams coming back) -- “No. Why would it? Two are better than one and this guy played, and I think this team (Auburn) went undefeated with two significant players in the same backfield and it’s because of his versatility that would allow you to use the guy like that. And this guy is an every down back now."

Did you just bash me for being open minded after hearing that? If you're not singling out me personally I apologize because that's what it feels like, but I'm still being open minded like it and appears Saban is too. I also said there's still going to be Ricky threads because I know how it is around here... Hell we still have threads about Jay Fiedler even by guys who BASH him too!! Look at your name... FireWrongstedt, you think I'm living in the past with Ricky...? Wanny's gone, Saban's here. Saban has shown some interest in Ricky... I'm being open minded about the whole situation and I think that's really the best thing you can do. Be open-minded rather than have your own personal feelings get involved.

I wan't singling you out at all. Just trying to make a point and give you my opinion. Sorry if you thought that. And I have all the faith in the world in Saban- anyone who reads my posts knows that. But don't believe everything he says either. He's trying to keep his options open. If Saban brings Ricky back and Ricky contributes positvely to this team and doesn't become a distraction- I'll tell you I was wrong, and I'll be ahppy he helped the team succeed. But I'm still p*ssed at him. And it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to invest cap space in him when we're going to be paying Brown a lot of money already.

Cedric_Benson said:
I sure am. And insted of having a 1 2 punch, we would just have 1 running back that would get tired during the game..... Insted of 2, so we could use one 2 quarters then the other 2 quarters. Or sub them in or whatever

I hope he comes back. It would give us a better chance to get into the playoffs and win the superbowl...

Even better... use Brown and Ricky as a 2 RB set.
Have Ricky lead as a FB Brown follow.
Have Brown lead as FB Ricky follow.
Have Ricky block on a passing down then Brown runs a route.
Have Brown block on a passing down then Ricky runs a route.

Ah, the possibilities are endless. Thats the kind of versitility that Saban was talking about with Ricky and Brown.

Jimmy James said:
It would be a circus for a week at most...pretty much until Moss or Owens pops off again. Don't kid yourself about how big a story this is.

It would be a big story, both in South Florida and nationally- you can't underestimate how big a story it would be- for longer than a week most likely. I'm sure there would be another article every day in the Herald or the Sentinel about Ricky.

FireWrongstedt said:
I wan't singling you out at all. Just trying to make a point and give you my opinion. Sorry if you thought that. And I have all the faith in the world in Saban- anyone who reads my posts knows that. But don't believe everything he says either. He's trying to keep his options open. If Saban brings Ricky back and Ricky contributes positvely to this team and doesn't become a distraction- I'll tell you I was wrong, and I'll be ahppy he helped the team succeed. But I'm still p*ssed at him. And it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to invest cap space in him when we're going to be paying Brown a lot of money already.

He already has our money, we dont need to pay him much if anything at all.

Saban is real smart to play it like he wants ricky to come back. it's like a little trap for the mouse..get him back, signed up, and then show he is back to form and then trade him away. or if he does come back and gets a crap contract, keep him and rotate him and ronnie brown.

FireWrongstedt said:
It would be a big story, both in South Florida and nationally- you can't underestimate how big a story it would be- for longer than a week most likely. I'm sure there would be another article every day in the Herald or the Sentinel about Ricky.

Everybody expects Ricky to come back. Nobody expected him to retire. It's not nearly as big a story. Remember, we also have Nick "wet blanket" Saban running the show and controlling access to everybody.

Jimmy James said:
Everybody expects Ricky to come back. Nobody expected him to retire. It's not nearly as big a story. Remember, we also have Nick "wet blanket" Saban running the show and controlling access to everybody.

Good point on Saban, but I still think people will be suprised if he comes back to the Dolphins. If he comes back, I just don't see it being with the Dolphins- I think we'll trade him for whatever we can get.

FireWrongstedt said:

It's alright man, I wasn't sure, all is forgotten. I respect anyone who states their opinion and can back it up. We may not see eye to eye on certain things but we all at Finheaven have one common goal... and that's wanting what's best for this team... what's best for the Dolphins. If we have a successful season this year, we'll all be looking back and laughing at this anyway. :cooldude:

phinz_fan said:
Now that we have drafted a RB w/our first round pick I hope that will be the end of all the talk about RW coming back as a Dolphin.

If he decides to play football again - and he probably will - he will clearly be traded as we no longer need him and there is nothing in it for us. It would not make sense to pay him $X million dollars when we have a solid running back. Ronnie may or may not be as good as Ricky, but my guess is Saban is willing to bet he can live without RW either way. Not too mention the issues RW would cause in the locker room and his unreliability.

If Ricky snaps back into reality and decides to suit up again it will not be as a Dolphin. I look foward to getting draft picks or other players for him in a trade.

Ricky is coming back period. This was reported by Fred Edelstein. He has already enrolled into the nfl drug program. This was done secretly at the NFL owners meeting. This was done to avoid the 1 year suspension. I heard this while listening to the browns pre draft show on the radio while driving home to get in front of the tv. He states it's a done deal. We will have ricky and ronnie in the same backfield. I can't wait. can you imagine the possiblities we will have this year. I don't have a link because it was on the radio live but the reason they were talking about it was because fred said we would draft B edwards because ricky was definitely coming back. He was wrong about that but he was very convincing with his ricky info. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom